The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marco has not looked good in his 2 starts.
He and the rest of the starting pitching staff need to step it up with Pax being out.

This offense is it’s current state is nowhere near capable of always coming from behind in games.

Free Kelenic!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3s2mp5ke said:
He and the rest of the starting pitching staff need to step it up with Pax being out.

This offense is it’s current state is nowhere near capable of always coming from behind in games.

Free Kelenic!

Honestly, Marco should not be a top of the rotation guy. He's more of a 3rd/4th starter. I just don't think this pitching staff has the juice to keep games close. Can we trust Kikuchi after one good games. Way too early know anything about Flexen. You never know which Sheffield will show up, just like Marco. Then we have Justin "Walks" Dunn.

And you're right about the offense. It's not good enough to stay in games that are getting out of hand night in and night out. Jerry has his work cut out for him if he wants this team to compete this year.

Threedee

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":rxofryp9 said:
Sports Hernia":rxofryp9 said:

Free Kelenic!

Honestly, Marco should not be a top of the rotation guy. He's more of a 3rd/4th starter. I just don't think this pitching staff has the juice to keep games close. Can we trust Kikuchi after one good games. Way too early know anything about Flexen. You never know which Sheffield will show up, just like Marco. Then we have Justin "Walks" Dunn.

And you're right about the offense. It's not good enough to stay in games that are getting out of hand night in and night out. Jerry has his work cut out for him if he wants this team to compete this year.

This was precisely my reaction. It's hard to be optimistic when our 1/2 starters are really just a solid 3/4 to 4/5 duo.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just read an article that said Paxton will probably need Tommy John surgery. Classic Mariners move to bring back a guy that was basically unreliable, only to lose him to injury again.

sutz

Reaction score
I think Montero is not consistent enough to be the closer. :34853_doh:

Good game, though. Quality start by YK, some long ball and some clutch little ball, too.

We'll take it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Good to see the rookie Trammell go yard too.
And Hanger had some clutch AB’s today, which isn’t surprising.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Another ugly outing. Sorry to beat a dead horse in this thread every season, but it gets old. No offense, inconsistent pitching. It's depressing. Maybe Maulbert was right about the Hawks winning another SB before the Ms win a world series.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3910ijzv said:
Another ugly outing. Sorry to beat a dead horse in this thread every season, but it gets old. No offense, inconsistent pitching. It's depressing. Maybe Maulbert was right about the Hawks winning another SB before the Ms win a world series.
Yep, outside of watching Haniger, France and Trammell hit, this team is boring AF.

They might be wonderful human beings but I don’t care if I see another Bishop or Frahley AB as long as I live.
4AAA players and that might be being generous. Throw in no real consistent quality SP and that’s not a good mix.

PS. I think the Kraken will win a Stanley Cup before the Mariners or Carroll coached Seahawks will.

Free Kelenic!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":38cr061r said:
Thepeelsessions":38cr061r said:
Yep, outside of watching Haniger, France and Trammell hit, this team is boring AF.

They might be wonderful human beings but I don’t care if I see another Bishop or Frahley AB as long as I live.
4AAA players and that might be being generous. Throw in no real consistent quality SP and that’s not a good mix.

PS. I think the Kraken will win a Stanley Cup before the Mariners or Carroll coached Seahawks will.

Free Kelenic!
Welp! That post didn’t age well. :oops:
M’s now up 8-6 as Seager goes yard again top of 9th. :2thumbs:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3j02xc93 said:
Sports Hernia":3j02xc93 said:
Thepeelsessions":3j02xc93 said:

Free Kelenic!
Welp! That post didn’t age well. :oops:
M’s now up 8-6 as Seager goes yard again top of 9th. :2thumbs:
It happens to the best of us! Great comeback, though. Still, this team needs major work. I love seeing Seager warming up. A Seager that's on is a huge boon.

It's obvious that this team can compete to an extent, so why the heck are Jerry and Scott holding Kelenic back for in favor of guys like Bishop and Fraley? We've all seen Bishop over the years, who honestly wants to see more of him? Fraley can at least get walks. I remember when Jerry and Scott could only rave about Fraley. It was weird. It was like they were more excited about him than Lewis.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This team NEVER gives up. Like most people, I was shaking my head when it was 6-0. But.....until that final pitch, it's never over. Not only is this young team showing heart, they are going to be adding some really solid talent, and soon. The future is bright, finally. I think they are playoff bound in 2022. All while being pretty competitive this season. I'm clearly in the minority, I love watching this team play. You can't forget how young they are, they are going to take their lumps.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2cp2k8kt said:
This team NEVER gives up. Like most people, I was shaking my head when it was 6-0. But.....until that final pitch, it's never over. Not only is this young team showing heart, they are going to be adding some really solid talent, and soon. The future is bright, finally. I think they are playoff bound in 2022. All while being pretty competitive this season. I'm clearly in the minority, I love watching this team play. You can't forget how young they are, they are going to take their lumps.
They will be easier to watch once Lewis is back healthy, and Kelenic is called up.
They still are too weak starting pitching wise and too many holes in the lineup, with Frahley, Haggerty, Bishop, White.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I didnt like picking up Paxton anyway TBH. If the Yankees didnt want him anymore, then something was up. They knew he wouldn't stay healthy. Good news is Tommy John surgery is better today than back then. He can come back.

sutz

Reaction score
Somehow, I think a lot of M's fans forgot how well Hanniger can play. :mrgreen:

I reiterate, Montero is not consistent enough to be a closer. 2 blown saves in a week? :34853_doh:

Graveman for the save. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sadler singlehandedly lost the 2nd game, 2 out walk, then couldn’t field a simple ground ball, wild pitch, then gave up the winning hit.

He’s lucky I’m not the manager/GM, his butt would be in Tacoma (or the alternate site) tomorrow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1833sag2 said:
Somehow, I think a lot of M's fans forgot how well Hanniger can play. :mrgreen:

I reiterate, Montero is not consistent enough to be a closer. 2 blown saves in a week? :34853_doh:

Graveman for the save. :mrgreen:
Haniger was a 5 tool player before he got hurt, and still may be.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The win formula for pitchers is ridiculous. Sheffield leaves the game after 6 innings with a 3-2 lead. Montero comes in and promptly lets them tie it up in the 7th. mariners take the lead in the 8th...Montero gets the win.