The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Threedee":2xzrzk0y said:
Is Altuve in the lineup for the Asterisks? I thought he had COVID?

He went on the IL, along with a handful of others. Hasn't made much difference, though. All the kids they brought up as replacements are having their way. Another typical Mariners vs Astros game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice win against the Astros JV team (due to Covid protocols).
Starting pitching is still a concern IMHO though.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1ilziwjd said:
Bullpen era is at 1 last 7 games. Kikuchi is a headcase.
Love it. Steckenrider has looked really good since his disastrous outing in game 1. Middleton, Sadler, Vest, and Anthony M, Swanson they've all shown capabilities that we've been hoping to see from the pen for years. Montero is the only one off the top of my head that I'd prefer not to see. Gravy or Anthony M should probably be the the closer.

Yeah....Yusei was back to being bad Yusei from last year last night. He totally fell apart, beginning in the 4th. That's when I started streaming the game. He had a ton of WILD pitches that Murph bailed him out on.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sadler had a complete meltdown and cost them the game a couple nights ago with his walk,error,wild pitch, game winning hit inning. Other than that and Montero’s inconsistency's the bullpen has been pretty solid. ...but if the starting pitching doesn’t improve they will get burnt out soon.

sutz

Reaction score
As much of a :179417: type guy I am, it's easy to see they are flying pretty close to the ground here. They can't afford a lot of mistakes and still win a game. Nice to see the competitiveness, though.

:2thumbs: :snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZG was very good, but he exposed his weak this lineup is.

I won’t say it.

Too bad they wasted another great effort by Flexon and the pen.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":394zd51c said:
ZG was very good, but he exposed his weak this lineup is.

I won’t say it.

Too bad they wasted another great effort by Flexon and the pen.

It was like watching Felix pitch. As soon as he surrendered a run, you could sense that he was about to get hosed (I actually call it getting Felixed) again by the "offense." At least this 2021 roster hasn't been typically this anemic as the one's the King had to carry every five days.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
It is Greinke. However offense has some holes that need to be filled and will be filled soon.

Threedee

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3m2l5lmo said:
It is Greinke. However offense has some holes that need to be filled and will be filled soon.

And now the defense goes to shit, with consecutive errors in the top of the fifth. I agree about Grienke, but, I would have agreed much more a couple of years ago, or more.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice bounce back after the 2 error 5th. Mitch and Ty getting hot again. :2thumbs:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Another series win. They go to 10 and 6 on the year. The bullpen so far has been very,very good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m really staring to like France, a lot.
He’s a shorter version of Haniger when it comes to hitting, both have great hitting approaches, rarely “give away AB’s” and can hit with power to all fields, both have some speed. A very solid 1-2 punch.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm sticking by my Haniger comment. Leads the AL in hits so far. If France replaced Moore at 2B and Haniger went DH the line up could look like:

Haniger
France
Lewis
Kelenic
Rodruiguz
Seager
White
Lorrens/Murphy
Crawford

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
When Lewis comes back, who's the odd man out? Trammell? Marmo? I feel like they love Moore's versatility to play infield and outfield, but he's as worthless as tits on a boar at the plate right now. Unfortunately, I think Moore sticks as the super utility guy.

Personally, I'd like to see Marmo stick and Trammell sent down to work on his hitting. Marmo has come a long way since his early days last year. I'm glad he's been able to adjust.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1gyz8znt said:
When Lewis comes back, who's the odd man out? Trammell? Marmo? I feel like they love Moore's versatility to play infield and outfield, but he's as worthless as tits on a boar at the plate right now. Unfortunately, I think Moore sticks as the super utility guy.

Personally, I'd like to see Marmo stick and Trammell sent down to work on his hitting. Marmo has come a long way since his early days last year. I'm glad he's been able to adjust.
Marmo, Haggerty, or Trammell goes down like you said.