The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kzpho6t said:
Thepeelsessions":1kzpho6t said:
When Lewis comes back, who's the odd man out? Trammell? Marmo? I feel like they love Moore's versatility to play infield and outfield, but he's as worthless as tits on a boar at the plate right now. Unfortunately, I think Moore sticks as the super utility guy.

Personally, I'd like to see Marmo stick and Trammell sent down to work on his hitting. Marmo has come a long way since his early days last year. I'm glad he's been able to adjust.
Marmo, Haggerty, or Trammell goes down like you said.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Haggerty.

sutz

Reaction score
Doubt that Moore is going anywhere. He's a 7-8 position utility player who has hit acceptably in the past.

Haggerty might stay over Marmo and Trammel just because he's a switch hitter.

Haniger is not just a hitter, he's a top notch RF too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2esqurf5 said:
Sports Hernia":2esqurf5 said:
Thepeelsessions":2esqurf5 said:
When Lewis comes back, who's the odd man out? Trammell? Marmo? I feel like they love Moore's versatility to play infield and outfield, but he's as worthless as tits on a boar at the plate right now. Unfortunately, I think Moore sticks as the super utility guy.

Personally, I'd like to see Marmo stick and Trammell sent down to work on his hitting. Marmo has come a long way since his early days last year. I'm glad he's been able to adjust.

Also Bishop is on the roster.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":14osd72w said:
Doubt that Moore is going anywhere. He's a 7-8 position utility player who has hit acceptably in the past.

Haggerty is a switch hitter that is hitting under .200, if switch hitting itself keeps you on the club when you are not good at either side than this org is dumber than I already think they are.

Mitch can play all 3 OF positions but so can JK, J-rod, and Lewis. Nice problem to have eventually.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3r55b5h4 said:
sutz":3r55b5h4 said:

Haggerty is a switch hitter that is hitting under .200, if switch hitting itself keeps you on the club when you are not good at either side than this org is dumber than I already think they are.

Mitch can play all 3 OF positions but so can JK, J-rod, and Lewis. Nice problem to have eventually.
I agree..Shouldn't it be about time JK gets called up?4/17 equals 171 days which is
the max you can have to gain a full season of control..Get rid of Bishop and Haggerty.
Trammel has speed and glove.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":115ftm4b said:
Sports Hernia":115ftm4b said:
sutz":115ftm4b said:

I agree..Shouldn't it be about time JK gets called up?4/17 equals 171 days which is
the max you can have to gain a full season of control..Get rid of Bishop and Haggerty.
Trammel has speed and glove.
They’ll drag it out as long as they can so it doesn’t look as obvious with the arbitration games they are playing.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mariners escaped with a win despite Montero all over the map in the 9th.

Good news was Marmo and Trammell taking 98-99 mph pitches deep off a real good pitcher.
Graveman stopped the bleeding at the right time.

Bad news, France was removed from the game after being HBP.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ap4jcrt said:
Thepeelsessions":3ap4jcrt said:
Sports Hernia":3ap4jcrt said:
Thepeelsessions":3ap4jcrt said:

Also Bishop is on the roster.
Ugh, yep. Also forgot about him. I'd rather they keep Haggerty over Bishop. I feel like we've seen Bishop up and down for the last 3-4 years.

sutz

Reaction score
They said x-rays were negative for France. Good news, but that's a serious bruise. He could miss some time.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":4f8ufky5 said:
They said x-rays were negative for France. Good news, but that's a serious bruise. He could miss some time.
You think Betts got nailed for France?I hope so..
It's fine to pitch in but do it with control..Otherwise
oops sorry.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Not that it means much if he doesn't get on base, but Haggerty at the very least is good at stealing bases and the fastest guy on the team.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What a catch by dylan at 3rd.

I had back surgery last night and always watch or listen to the games but nodded off. My brother kept me updated.

sutz

Reaction score
That was a helluva game, for sure. Some errors along the way, but in the end it was a great team win. Sheff started off strong, but faded in the 6th. Some people hate Servais, but he made the call to the pen before the bleeding got unmanageable. Several individual all star level defensive plays by Moore, Haniger, and White. The bullpen was pretty amazing, good enough that when the inevitable happens and they blow a couple of games the boo birds will be out in force.

I suspect France will miss some time and might go on the IL. After the hit he couldn't even make the throw across the diamond. Taking a 98 mph fastball on the forearm like that leaves a mark. Guess maybe Lewis will be activated today.

Best record in the AL and just beat the best team in baseball. The baseball gods are smiling on the M's these days. Sure, it may not last but I plan to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

:irishdrinkers: :snack:

Threedee

Reaction score
sutz":3r8frivz said:

Something to remember the next time the cheating five are back in the lineup.

Chapow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":bgvdv6r9 said:

Absolutely no way that was intentional in that situation. It was a one run game in the top of the 9th with only 1 out and 1 man already on base. There's no way they're intentionally putting Mookie Betts on base and moving the runner that was already on from 1st in to scoring position. Getting the win is far more important than getting retaliation there. If they had felt the need to get retaliation for France they would have done it earlier in the game.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Chapow":30m2y1gj said:
IndyHawk":30m2y1gj said:

Absolutely no way that was intentional in that situation. It was a one run game in the top of the 9th with only 1 out and 1 man already on base. There's no way they're intentionally putting Mookie Betts on base and moving the runner that was already on from 1st in to scoring position. Getting the win is far more important than getting retaliation there. If they had felt the need to get retaliation for France they would have done it earlier in the game.
Your right,I didn't see any of it so I just wondered.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, a split against the champs is nothing to be embarassed about. Marco pitched a gem, their guy was just a shade better.

Off to Boston and Houston.

:snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":b6o5q5ws said:
Well, a split against the champs is nothing to be embarassed about. Marco pitched a gem, their guy was just a shade better.

Off to Boston and Houston.

:snack:
Marco deserved better today.
One freakin’ hit?

Need. More. Offense.

sutz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or has the umping really sucked this year so far?

Can't remember this much inconsistancy in the balls and strikes calls.

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
M's win in extra's..Dunn with one walk(only) :2thumbs:
How about France and Mitch?they have been all the offense we have needed.