The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Per ESPN, Kelenic is expected to be called up Thursday for the opening game of the Cleveland series. Just got the notification now, so no link attached.

A lot can change, but it sounds like it's concrete. Hopefully this means Trammell is sent down so he can try to work things out. He needs to take a breather. I hate seeing his deer in the headlights look during his ABs. He has a LOOONG way to go.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1h7tcxfo said:
Per ESPN, Kelenic is expected to be called up Thursday for the opening game of the Cleveland series. Just got the notification now, so no link attached.

A lot can change, but it sounds like it's concrete. Hopefully this means Trammell is sent down so he can try to work things out. He needs to take a breather. I hate seeing his deer in the headlights look during his ABs. He has a LOOONG way to go.
I think Trammell has a bright future, but like you said “deer in the headlights”. If he gets 2 strikes on him in an AB, he is done. Evan White, same situation. I’ve been saying it all along, they took the wrong outfielder, but they wanted to play arbitration games with their top prospect instead.

BTW...... JK had an off night, only one hit. :sarcasm_off:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":tn3agi4k said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1391931918787104770[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1391931918787104770

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/1391931830190804993[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/ ... 0190804993
Been calling them out on it since day one.

The M’s ownership/front office are lying hypocrites.

It was all about service time manipulation. It ended up biting them in the ass, and will again when it comes to extending JK in the future.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Brining him up this early was definitely not the plan.

I don't think they were expecting the pitching to be so good, while the bats are so bad. They now see an opportunity the be a winning ball club if they can inject some offense.

Not sure Kelenic alone will do the trick.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2iwkpi29 said:

I don't think they were expecting the pitching to be so good, while the bats are so bad. They now see an opportunity the be a winning ball club if they can inject some offense.

The pen has been lights out for the most part. They have been getting hit hard on the ridiculous bull pen starter day lately. But the injuries are mounting to the staff as a whole and it's been showing. Flexen has really been the only starter who has shown some consistency. Sheffield, Dunn, and Yusei are way too streaky. Even Marco was bad before his injury.

I'm not even sure if Kelenic will help all that much, all things considered. I'm just excited to see what the Golden Child can do in the bigs and in what should be at worst 2/3 of the outfield of the future for this team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1suom8vp said:
XxXdragonXxX":1suom8vp said:

The pen has been lights out for the most part. They have been getting hit hard on the ridiculous bull pen starter day lately. But the injuries are mounting to the staff as a whole and it's been showing. Flexen has really been the only starter who has shown some consistency. Sheffield, Dunn, and Yusei are way too streaky. Even Marco was bad before his injury.

I'm not even sure if Kelenic will help all that much, all things considered. I'm just excited to see what the Golden Child can do in the bigs and in what should be at worst 2/3 of the outfield of the future for this team.
He can’t be worse than Trammell or White whom are 0-2 when they step in the box, and with 2 strikes are about a 95% strike out chance.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vw8j14r said:
Montero is a dumpster fire. Stop bringing him in with leads.
Seriously! What in the Sam Hill goes through that thick skull of Scott's when he decides to trot Montero out there to protect a lead. What in actual hell?

DFA his ass, NOW! I think he may actually be worse than Joaquin Benoit and Joel Peralta. Two of the absolute worst Mariners relievers I've ever seen.

Yusei is FINALLY showing semblance of consistency, and Scott wastes a dominant outing by bringing in Misiewicz who blew another significant lead last week. How can a professional manager be this atrocious at bullpen management?

This is probably the most worked up I've been over an M's loss in years, Kelenic be damned!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They are losing 6-1 with only 2 hits, before I turned it off.

At least tomorrow night will be interesting with JK starting and Logan Gilbert starting on the mound.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I’m a very casual M’s fan. Probably first time in a while I’m actually excited to watch a game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2t3dbc16 said:
I’m a very casual M’s fan. Probably first time in a while I’m actually excited to watch a game.
Logan is too in love with his fastball tonight.

M’s offense making an average pitcher look like CY YOUNG.
They should be hitting this guy all over the yard.

Let’s see if they can top last nights 2 hit extravaganza.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ujhq8kp said:
These bleeps are going to get no hit again!
In the top of the 7th now.
I'm 1000% convinced that Tim Laker is the root of all this teams offensive woes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Only 2 hits again tonight.
That’s 4 hits in the last 18 innings.

Hitting coach needs to go, and their “controlling the zone” philosophy needs to be aborted. It’s not working.