The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to see the bats wake up, at least for one game. :mrgreen:

Haggerty is showing he is not ready for prime time. Love the speed, but he's not much good at anything but a pinch runner now. He does seem to handle Left better than Right. Something to do with the lights or something. Hanniger was on a day off from play in the field. Kelenic/Lewis/Hanniger is a pretty good outfield. No reason to rush Julio up to the show so fast. He needs some time in Tacoma, but should be there pretty quick. Trammell killed it last night with Tacoma, I guess.

Pulling Flexen then was curious, but at least Graveman hasn't let us down yet. Still pretty scary putting Montero in. He was a walk and a homer away from letting them tie the game. :180670:

Over all, a good win.

:snack:

getnasty

Reaction score
sutz":1uycl3du said:
Nice to see the bats wake up, at least for one game. :mrgreen:

Haggerty is showing he is not ready for prime time. Love the speed, but he's not much good at anything but a pinch runner now. He does seem to handle Left better than Right. Something to do with the lights or something. Hanniger was on a day off from play in the field. Kelenic/Lewis/Hanniger is a pretty good outfield. No reason to rush Julio up to the show so fast. He needs some time in Tacoma, but should be there pretty quick. Trammell killed it last night with Tacoma, I guess.

Pulling Flexen then was curious, but at least Graveman hasn't let us down yet. Still pretty scary putting Montero in. He was a walk and a homer away from letting them tie the game. :180670:

Over all, a good win.

:snack:

I wouldn't rush Rodriguez but don't hold him off either. Haniger can DH and maybe spell Evan White until he's traded.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice win last night, expect a loss today though with Bieber pitching for Clev.
Expect another 1 or 2 hit game from the Mariners offense today, as Bieber is very good.

Hope I’m wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
M's off to a good start. Up 1 run after first off of a Hanniger double/K-lew single. :2thumbs:

Dugger holding his own until first walk with 2 out in the 2d. And of course, wild pitches him to 2nd. Not sure why Torrens is getting so much playing time. :34853_doh:

Pitched out of it, at least.

Got to Bieber in the 3rd. Two 2-out walks, a single to load them up, and JP singles in two runs. 3-0 M's after 3. Bieber at 68 pitches after 3. :2thumbs:

Sewald (whodat? ) in for 4 and 5. Struggled a bit but held them scoreless. Still 3-0 after 5. :snack:

Might be Montera next. :bitenails:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":338ihe5h said:
M's off to a good start. Up 1 run after first off of a Hanniger double/K-lew single. :2thumbs:

Dugger holding his own until first walk with 2 out in the 2d. And of course, wild pitches him to 2nd. Not sure why Torrens is getting so much playing time. :34853_doh:

Pitched out of it, at least.

Got to Bieber in the 3rd. Two 2-out walks, a single to load them up, and JP singles in two runs. 3-0 M's after 3. Bieber at 68 pitches after 3. :2thumbs:

Sewald (whodat? ) in for 4 and 5. Struggled a bit but held them scoreless. Still 3-0 after 5. :snack:

Might be Montera next. :bitenails:
I’d rather have Montera pitching than Montero. 8) Don’t know why you bring him in with only a 3 run lead. Beyond stupid.
And now an error that leads to a run. Montero has pitched to his minimum 3 hitters, no reason for him to still be in.

I’m pleasantly surprised and happy to be wrong about the M’s hitters against Bieber.
Had some hard outs as well.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Servais is an average manager at best so far. Nothing special. When I saw the line up today I said to myself "Why is a guy who was literally just called up replacing Seager at the hot corner?". Dude then steps on a ground ball which led to 2 runs scoring. It's the toughest position to play on defense and you pay Seager all that money to DH him? It's not even like they gave him the full day off. Was this move to signal they won't be resigning Kyle after the season?

sutz

Reaction score
Hard to believe Montero has 18 appearances this season. He's a gas can, not a stopper. :34853_doh:

At least Vest got us out of it with no more damage.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":iy05uzik said:
Hard to believe Montero has 18 appearances this season. He's a gas can, not a stopper. :34853_doh:

At least Vest got us out of it with no more damage.
They spent some $$$ on Montero, that’s why they are still using him, wins be damned. That’s the attitude of an ownership/FO that’s more concerned about bean counting last every cent out of the team more than wins. See Kevin Mather’s comments for proof.

Vest = Strikes 1,2,3 out of trouble. Why wasn’t he brought in as soon as Montero pitched to the madatory 3 hitters?

sutz

Reaction score
Other than the Montero episode, pretty good win overall. Nobody expected us to score a ton off Bieber, and with our hitters being patient at the plate, drawing 8 walks, we squeeked this one out.

I will admit the ump was pretty pathetic. He wasn't giving Bieber a lot of pitches that he's used to getting called for strikes. Having said that, he was pretty even, he sucked against both teams. All part of the game.

Looks like White will be out for a while with that hip flexor. Kind of sucks, but he wasn't hitting anyway. Maybe some time off will do him some good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1xm1bdaw said:
Other than the Montero episode, pretty good win overall. Nobody expected us to score a ton off Bieber, and with our hitters being patient at the plate, drawing 8 walks, we squeeked this one out.

I will admit the ump was pretty pathetic. He wasn't giving Bieber a lot of pitches that he's used to getting called for strikes. Having said that, he was pretty even, he sucked against both teams. All part of the game.

Looks like White will be out for a while with that hip flexor. Kind of sucks, but he wasn't hitting anyway. Maybe some time off will do him some good.
Good win.
Kelenic hit a couple of balls solid, that found leather, and Lewis looks like he’s coming around.
Haniger doing Haniger things which is good. Bullpen pitched well with the exception of the dumpster fire that is Montero.

Might be time to move JK down in the lineup or at least flip flop him and Haniger.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":e5ksd817 said:
sutz":e5ksd817 said:

Good win.
Kelenic hit a couple of balls solid, that found leather, and Lewis looks like he’s coming around.
Haniger doing Haniger things which is good. Bullpen pitched well with the exception of the dumpster fire that is Montero.

Might be time to move JK down in the lineup or at least flip flop him and Haniger.
Was thinking the same thing about Jarred. Drop down a few spots. Less pressure, gives him a look at the pitcher before he goes up. Several good reasons to do that. Hanniger is a pretty decent leadoff guy, anyway.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Montero stinks, but the pitching is hurting pretty bad so they really have no choice but to keep throwing him out there. They used all but 1 reliever today, so it's pretty ridiculous listening to the people yelling to pull him. They're trying to use up as few relievers as they can in these bullpen games, and I keep seeing people wanting them to yank guys at the first sign of trouble like they have unlimited arms in the pen. Also Montero is out of that inning with 1 run in if Walton doesn't step on the ball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1zyb6c4i said:
Montero stinks, but the pitching is hurting pretty bad so they really have no choice but to keep throwing him out there. They used all but 1 reliever today, so it's pretty ridiculous listening to the people yelling to pull him. They're trying to use up as few relievers as they can in these bullpen games, and I keep seeing people wanting them to yank guys at the first sign of trouble like they have unlimited arms in the pen. Also Montero is out of that inning with 1 run in if Walton doesn't step on the ball.
True on the Walton boner, but you have to be able to pitch around errors once in awhile, I don’t think Montero has done that yet.

I believe a pitcher has to pitch to 3 batters or finish an inning.

Vest threw only 3 pitches to end an inning, he could have gone out for one more inning and they could have avoided Montero.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2vbavoz4 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2vbavoz4 said:
True on the Walton boner, but you have to be able to pitch around errors once in awhile, I don’t think Montero has done that yet.

Vest threw only 3 pitches to end an inning, he could have gone out for one more inning and they could have avoided Montero.

Vest came in after Montero to get the final out, they could have brought Vest in instead of Montero, but it's not like Best had been nails this year either. Vest hasn't been nails either though, so he could have done the same as Montero. The. You have Misiewicz who gave up 2 hits and a walk just like Montero did but lucky for him no runs came in.

All I'm saying is they are running out of pitchers, and people are using 20/20 hindsight and expecting Servais to be a fortune teller on his bullpen calls.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2c7lyhvx said:
Sports Hernia":2c7lyhvx said:
XxXdragonXxX":2c7lyhvx said:

Vest came in after Montero to get the final out, they could have brought Vest in instead of Montero, but it's not like Best had been nails this year either. Vest hasn't been nails either though, so he could have done the same as Montero. The. You have Misiewicz who gave up 2 hits and a walk just like Montero did but lucky for him no runs came in.

All I'm saying is they are running out of pitchers, and people are using 20/20 hindsight and expecting Servais to be a fortune teller on his bullpen calls.
Thanks for the correction, you are right.

Latest posts