Seattle Sounders 2021 season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No Lodeiro, no Frei...no problem. The guys (Stefan Cleveland, C. Roldan/K. Rowe/J. Paulo/A. Roldan) have stepped up. Midfield play has been one of the strengths of this team. This is the deepest Sounder team I've seen. More importantly they are playing well together. Been a fantastic season so far. Keep it up guys.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Still undefeated, still haven't given up a goal in open play. This may be the best Sounders team I've seen so far.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
What the hell has gotten into Luis Torens? Since being brought back up, his BA would be respectable if you only counted his HRs as hits.

Threedee

Reaction score
Good thing they played a struggling Whitecaps team at home tonight. Shoddy defense could have been more costly under different circumstances. Playing in a heat wave probably didn't help, though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders are very lucky to get out Colorado with a point. It seems the injuries and national call ups are now impacting their play.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Threedee":zneqwp4q said:
So, are they going to turn things around soon?
Once they start getting their regular starters back they'll get back in form. Having to play kids for multiple games in a row has started to show. They're still first place in the West.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Looks as though the Sounders have found their early season form again. Nice wins in the past two games. Ruidiaz is on fire this season.

Threedee

Reaction score
I've become accustomed to the lackadaisical and frequently inept nature of the Sounders defense. Schmetzer even attempts to backload it, to no avail. But, last night the defense was just plain stupid.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Sounders silently won their semifinal game against Santos Laguna 1-0 on Ruidiaz's last second goal. Next up RSLC and then off to Vegas for the League Cup Final.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As much as I love Schmetzer, I feel like he was outcoached last night in the League Final.

After Roldan's goal at the beginning of the 2nd half the Sounders had the game under control. But after Leon's three subs the game turned in a dime for a solid 10 minutes at which time Schmetzer should have answered with at least one sub to counter Leon's offensive heavy subs.

He didn't and the match got away from the Sounders.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sounders really came unravelled to close the season. I think some fatigue but I also think the biggest factor was Riudiaz getting injured and then aggravating the injury by going for national duty. Team played flat from the point of the original injury on. Tonight's result wasn't really a surprise after watching them through the last 7 or 8 games.

Threedee

Reaction score
I was hoping that playing like shite for a couple of months wouldn't reflect how they would perform in the playoffs.