The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This just feels like regression to the mean. We won so many close games, now we are losing close games. Bullpen has been so reliable until now. Does it have anything to do with the Graveman deal? From what I heard he was a leader in the clubhouse, which likely means he was the leader in the pen.

You can’t blow two games against Texas and expect to make the playoffs. We play the Rays, Yankees, Texas and then the Blue Jays. Decent chance we are completely out of the race in a couple weeks.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Terribly disappointing series. Should have swept them, instead we get walked off twice.

But the Mariners have been doing this all year, losing to teams they should beat, and then winning series against top teams.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ub99x5o said:
This just feels like regression to the mean. We won so many close games, now we are losing close games. Bullpen has been so reliable until now. Does it have anything to do with the Graveman deal? From what I heard he was a leader in the clubhouse, which likely means he was the leader in the pen.

You can’t blow two games against Texas and expect to make the playoffs. We play the Rays, Yankees, Texas and then the Blue Jays. Decent chance we are completely out of the race in a couple weeks.
Spot on. I’m hoping the Graveman deal reaction in the clubhouse was overblown and this is just a regression to the mean.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flex being Flex, another outstanding performance for his 10th win.
Offense decided to get hits with men on base today.
Good win.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice bounceback game. Come to think of it, we've kind of had Tampa's number this year. We are 5-0 against them. :mrgreen:

Really nice to have Jake Fraley back. Big contributer tonight, in the field and at the plate. :2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
sutz":3j8g1fcq said:
Nice bounceback game. Come to think of it, we've kind of had Tampa's number this year. We are 5-0 against them. :mrgreen:

Really nice to have Jake Fraley back. Big contributer tonight, in the field and at the plate. :2thumbs:

I really like Farley. He is everything that today’s MLB hitter isn’t. Hits to all parts of the field and can get on base. Not sure how he fits in down the road with all the OF prospects, but would be a great utility and full in guy. He’s make us a much better team.

M’s just like to lose to bad teams and beat good teams. Hopefully that’s the trend because not many weak opponents on the schedule in August.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1gt0cty4 said:
sutz":1gt0cty4 said:

I really like Farley. He is everything that today’s MLB hitter isn’t. Hits to all parts of the field and can get on base. Not sure how he fits in down the road with all the OF prospects, but would be a great utility and full in guy. He’s make us a much better team.

M’s just like to lose to bad teams and beat good teams. Hopefully that’s the trend because not many weak opponents on the schedule in August.

Too bad the Asterisks aren't complying with that trend. As for weak opponents, none have a worse record than the Diamondbacks right now. Guess that means we can go ahead and pencil in six Ls for Sept. 3, 4, 5 and 10, 11, 12.

balakoth

Reaction score
Castillo had his first really bad outing with us on the blown the other day.. but him... plus Toro who is a MASSIVE improvement over Shed and can play almost all the infield positions is a major boost.

I get people were upset, but this just makes sense and this guy is showing it.. lets see if Castillo can get the save or hold tonight

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This team...man. What a season.

This is the most fun I've had watching the Mariners in 20 years. My dad finally upgraded his Comcast to get Root Sports lol. That's really saying something!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1lkkb866 said:

This is the most fun I've had watching the Mariners in 20 years. My dad finally upgraded his Comcast to get Root Sports lol. That's really saying something!
Maybe he’s a big Seattle Kraken fan? ;)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1oupmekh said:
Jerhawk":1oupmekh said:

Lol we are looking forward to that.
We go to Spokane Chiefs games every once in awhile. But my hockey knowledge is very limited!

But he really likes the Mariners. Jake Fraley is his favorite. Its great how sports can bring families together.

Ok thats enough Jerhawk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":fevhb6hx said:
Sports Hernia":fevhb6hx said:
Jerhawk":fevhb6hx said:

Lol we are looking forward to that.
We go to Spokane Chiefs games every once in awhile. But my hockey knowledge is very limited!

But he really likes the Mariners. Jake Fraley is his favorite. Its great how sports can bring families together.

Ok thats enough Jerhawk
Limited hockey knowledge myself, but I cannot wait for the season to start.
As frustrating as the Mariners can be to watch at times you can see they are on the rise.

Once Rodriguez, Marte, Kirby, etc etc etc. get up it’s going to be good.

Threedee

Reaction score
We play well against the Rays, no matter what kind of season they are having. I always look forward to that.

Crizilla

Reaction score
didnt have a good feeling about this yankee series, now i really dont.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just thought.. Walk the guy...he's been crushing us all game.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yankees spend the big bucks and prospects on Gallo. Yankees get the win. Tough to compete with until our prospect live up to the hype.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not a fan of that tiny right field. JK got a yankee stadium cheapy as well I know, just wish Mitch had a little more carry on that hanging breaking ball he almost hit out for the last out.

sutz

Reaction score
Yankees spent big bucks chasing a wild card slot. Not so smart for us this year IMO.