The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3gjcjpvy said:
Just when you think they’re done, they sweep Oakland. Fully expecting us to lose the series to the Angels. I’m joking, but wouldn’t surprise me. With only 9 games left, I think we can probably only afford to lose three games if we want to make the playoffs. Should be a fun ending to the season.
On the bright side, it looks like Yusei will only get one more start. :twisted:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":dsoanakn said:
SeatownJay":dsoanakn said:
4-game sweep of the A's has them 2 back of the Yankees for the final WC spot with 9 games left. Here are the remaining schedules of the WC contenders.

Boston: 3 vs. Yankees, 3 @ Os, 3 @ Nationals
New York: 3 @ Boston, 3 @ Blue Jays, 3 vs. Rays
Toronto: 4 @ Twins, 3 vs. Yankees, 3 vs. Os
Seattle: 3 @ Angels, 3 vs As, 3 vs. Angels
Oakland: 3 vs. Astros, 3 @. Ms, 3 @ Astros
Looking at those, the M's may have the easiest road. :snack:
Word of advice, intentionally walk Ohtani, A LOT.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1a5ukr29 said:
sutz":1a5ukr29 said:
SeatownJay":1a5ukr29 said:
4-game sweep of the A's has them 2 back of the Yankees for the final WC spot with 9 games left. Here are the remaining schedules of the WC contenders.

Boston: 3 vs. Yankees, 3 @ Os, 3 @ Nationals
New York: 3 @ Boston, 3 @ Blue Jays, 3 vs. Rays
Toronto: 4 @ Twins, 3 vs. Yankees, 3 vs. Os
Seattle: 3 @ Angels, 3 vs As, 3 vs. Angels
Oakland: 3 vs. Astros, 3 @. Ms, 3 @ Astros
Looking at those, the M's may have the easiest road. :snack:
Word of advice, intentionally walk Ohtani, A LOT.
Indeed. :mrgreen:

Ruminator

Reaction score
Though a lot can happen in the final nine games, I guess one way we can root is to concede one of the two AL wildcard spots to Boston and root for them to sweep the Yanks, or at least win 2 out of 3. Boston pushing the Yanks down while Ms push themselves up. Hopefully, anyway. Sox are already down by 6 in the third in tonight's game, but it's still early.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
M’s win a squeaker 6-5, Halo’s had bases loaded 1 out in the 9th and didn’t score.
Bullpen bent but didn’t break.

sutz

Reaction score
Close game. I was screaming when Servais left Gilbert in for "just one more batter." :34853_doh: Almost cost us the game there and that 11 pitch walk might hurt his effort on his next start.

Sewald is a flaming miracle worker. :180670:

Overall, though, they're playing pretty good ball at the exact right time. :snack:

I'm almost tempted to watch them instead of the Hawks Sunday. Almost. :twisted:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
So M's and Blue Jays currently have the same record at 85-69... but Jays have a run differential of +164 and M's at -52(!) Gotta love this team :shock: Although I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I don't know if this reflects kindly on the future of the team

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":mj5w819b said:
So M's and Blue Jays currently have the same record at 85-69... but Jays have a run differential of +164 and M's at -52(!) Gotta love this team :shock: Although I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I don't know if this reflects kindly on the future of the team

When they lose they get blown out. When they win its slim. They need to go grab 3 bats in off season. The pitching is just going to get better as weird as that sounds.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1b2wqfwa said:
therealjohncarlson":1b2wqfwa said:

When they lose they get blown out. When they win its slim. They need to go grab 3 bats in off season. The pitching is just going to get better as weird as that sounds.
Julio should be one of those bats.
Hit him low in the line up, and let him hit his way up.

But knowing this ownership group they will play arbitration games like they did with Kelenic.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anderson picked the wrong time to crap the bed.
7ER, 2IP.

Edit: make that 9ER as his inherited runners scored.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, this is ugly. Really working on that run differential tonite. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They pretty much have to run the table and get lucky the right teams lose to make it now.
One more loss and they are pretty much done.

sutz

Reaction score
Typical Mariners, eh? Get on a bit of a roll and then throw out a stinker like that. :34853_doh:

And today we get Shotani on the mound.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jlcx6ca said:
ESPN says Seattle has a 2% chance to make the playoffs as of now.
:|

This game really hurt us. Only seven games left and 3 back sounds like little no chance. Some of it wasn’t our fault, Boston didn’t help us at all by losing two straight to the Yankees. As much as yesterday’s game sucked, they probably missed the playoffs when lost 3 out of 4 to KC and their recent home series against Arizona.

As much fun as making the wild card game would have been, it would have been one road game that we likely would have lost. It’s all about next season, should be an interesting off season.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
At the beggining of the Oakland series I was telling myself we can lost a maximum of 1 game the rest of the way. Last night was that 1 game. We need to run the table and get some help. Now the Yankees and Red Sox are tied, the Yankees have the tougher upcoming schedule than Boston so hopefully Boston wins tonight, but we also need the Yankees to take a game from the Blue Jays.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice bounce back win today. :2thumbs:

Can't worry about what other teams do, just have to win our games. I don't feel too bad about this last week. 7 left, and I could easily see 5-2 down the stretch. Big one might be Tuesday. Do we start YK or not? Hell, I would almost prefer a bullpen game than running him out there. He hasn't shown much lately, for sure.

Still fun watching baseball. :snack: