The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":rvd1k7q2 said:
Solid win tonight. Sucks seattle not supporting them.
A great win tonight. “I was a trade Haniger for pitching guy”, he’s changing my mind, might be too valuable.

Seattle has to run the table and hope 2 of the Yankers, Jays, Bosox step on their male appendages and go on a little losing streaks. Easier road is if the Jays and Bosox fall flat.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fd5080xi said:
Shanegotyou11":fd5080xi said:
Solid win tonight. Sucks seattle not supporting them.
A great win tonight. “I was a trade Haniger for pitching guy”, he’s changing my mind, might be too valuable.

Seattle has to run the table and hope 2 of the Yankers, Jays, Bosox step on their male appendages and go on a little losing streaks. Easier road is if the Jays and Bosox fall flat.
I was never for dumping Haniger. I still think his veteran presence in the outfield would be beneficial. This is actually his first full season of production IIRC and yeah, you don't just dump a 35 HR/100 RBI guy for a back of the rotation pitcher. Hell, I'd like to sign him for 3-4 years, excluding any no-trade clause of course.

Frankly, I'd also excercise the team option on Seager for at least one more year. I don't believe we have our future at 3d base set yet, and he's still a plus 3d baseman and a run generator. Would love it if his BA was closer to .250, but they've made the choice between power and average with him and it has worked out this year. I guess Toro has played 3d base in the past, but he's settling in at 2d fairly well.

Meaningful baseball in the last week of September. Who'd a thunk it?

:snack:

sutz

Reaction score
Big risk, bringing a guy up from AA to the Bigs this time of the season. But sending YK out there doesn't seem like a viable option, either. I hope they don't excercise that option on his contract.

Brash looks like a dynamic guy. I hope it works out and he can go at least once through the lineup. Throwing fastballs past AA hitting isn't the same as in The Show. Hopefully, he works well with Murph or Cal. Thankfully, our bullpen isn't in really bad shape.

Ruminator

Reaction score
sutz":37zfh5k5 said:
Big risk, bringing a guy up from AA to the Bigs this time of the season. But sending YK out there doesn't seem like a viable option, either. I hope they don't excercise that option on his contract.

Brash looks like a dynamic guy. I hope it works out and he can go at least once through the lineup. Throwing fastballs past AA hitting isn't the same as in The Show. Hopefully, he works well with Murph or Cal. Thankfully, our bullpen isn't in really bad shape.

Wow. Our bullpen is good, but hope we won't need them for more than 6 innings. Guess we'll soon see how well Brash can handle the majors.

Edit: Never mind, I thought they were going to start him, but sounds like he'll be coming out of the bullpen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":1230eqv5 said:
Pitcher Brash brought up. Who the hell is this guy? I know very little about baseball, but how pitching looks incredible, from both left and right.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1433792923737395200[/tweet]

----

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433792923737395200
Mariners minor league pitcher of the year. Hits 100mph on occasion and his other 3 pitches are all plus, as you can see from the video.

sutz

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they're starting Anderson on short rest. Hope he got his A game back.

This Brash kid, looks to me like he'll be up late next year. Get him a taste of the Bigs this week, invite him to spring ball with the club, AAA to start the season next year and up by the trade deadline. Could be fast tracking him.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Idk why ppl want Yanks to sweep the Jays? I want jays to win 2 of 3. Ms are gonna need to win out. So lets say they win out. Yanks are now only 1 game ahead going to TB.

Then boston need to lose 2.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":a7f4lbth said:
I read somewhere that they're starting Anderson on short rest. Hope he got his A game back.

This Brash kid, looks to me like he'll be up late next year. Get him a taste of the Bigs this week, invite him to spring ball with the club, AAA to start the season next year and up by the trade deadline. Could be fast tracking him.

Anderson is going. Looks like 50 to 60 pitches. Hope he can get rid of As fast. Bassitt for Oakland is on 70 pitch count.

sutz

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":37pgti0s said:
sutz":37pgti0s said:

Anderson is going. Looks like 50 to 60 pitches. Hope he can get rid of As fast. Bassitt for Oakland is on 70 pitch count.
I could live with that. Our bullpen stacks up pretty well against most of the league. :snack:

balakoth

Reaction score
Because the Jays are ahead of us.. and we aren't going to catch the Yaknees? Logic dictates the easier path is Boston and jays losing?

What an odd take if you ask me

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
balakoth":4ky4a06j said:
Because the Jays are ahead of us.. and we aren't going to catch the Yaknees? Logic dictates the easier path is Boston and jays losing?

If jays win 2 of 3 vs Yanks and we sweep oakland we would be 1.0 back and they play 3 at TB.

What a odd take huh?

Lol

balakoth

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":dvhw7t4w said:
balakoth":dvhw7t4w said:

If jays win 2 of 3 vs Yanks and we sweep oakland we would be 1.0 back and they play 3 at TB.

What a odd take huh?

Lol

Now we are .5 back... ahead of the jays and only need boston to lose.

SO yeah... odd take.

Latest posts