Fury / Wilder fight?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Surprised nobody is talking about it.

I didn’t get to watch live but have read recaps and seen a few highlights. There was a “highlight” video that was actually the full fight, I got to watch it but it’s been pulled already.

Would seem that it was one Hell of a fight, one that compares to the days of old in boxing.

I’m a fan of combat sports but they can be wonky, things definitely get suspect from time to time and “boxing” seems to be the worst.
Fights like this one restores a bit of my faith.

Threedee

Reaction score
I enjoy going out to a pub for a fight night, but, I'm not hugely into MMA/Boxing enough to follow it constantly. My drinking buddy from college is a massive fan, so, he got me interested in it.

Coolest personal experience is that we attended a Strikeforce fight night at Edmonds Community College and saw Demetrius Johnson fight before he made it into the UFC.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Was a great fight. Wilder has a ton of heart. Last few rounds he looked gassed. But fury is just so much better of a boxer.

Fury will be hard to beat. He is tall and moves like a middle weight. Has knock out power but doesn’t need the one punch to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atradees

Reaction score
Fury reminds me of George Foreman a lil............Nice size to lean all over a guy and wear him out. Wow what a great
head to recite all his thank you's and even karaoke a song after an 11 round fight.

toffee

Reaction score
Atradees":sogq4xxu said:
Fury reminds me of George Foreman a lil............Nice size to lean all over a guy and wear him out. Wow what a great
head to recite all his thank you's and even karaoke a song after an 11 round fight.

Fury was bigger than the young Foreman, if not the mid aged fat Foreman. Fury doesn't have the punching power of Foreman, but like to think Fury could box as well as Foreman. It would be interesting to image a young Foreman against the current Fury, a power vs skill fight.

The difference between Foreman and Wilder, Foreman didn't need a long windup on this punches, most of Foreman's punch looked like they could fire from very short distance, very compact. Also Foreman seems to be stronger than Wilder, leaning onto Foreman might not work as he could push Fury away. If Fury would to adopt Ali's fight plan and allow himself to be a human punching bag to tire out Foreman, does Fury has as strong a chin as Ali?

On the other hand, if it were a young Foreman in the ring with Wilder, I like to think Foreman could finish off Wilder a lot quicker. Just like Fury, Foreman would not back away from Wilder, thus nullified Wilder's long right hand punch, Foreman never back away from anyone. In short distance, Foreman could like punch hard with those compact but heavy shots, lol Wilder didn't have much of defense, certainly not against the power of Foreman.