Kraken 2021-2022 Season

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
[instagram][/instagram]
XxXdragonXxX":2a0lhfx0 said:
Sports Hernia":2a0lhfx0 said:
XxXdragonXxX":2a0lhfx0 said:
The Kraken are now 2-0 with me in attendance. Another fantastic game for Gru. Great win against another great team.
The Kraken win the Stanley Cup if you go to EVERY a game, home, away, and playoffs.
I don’t think it’s too much to ask for you to make a financial sacrifice for 1 year.

Do it for your city and your favorite new team. :2thumbs:

I'm gonna have to start a gofundme for that.
Sounds like a plan. :)

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Taking 3 of 4 vs the Caps, Canes, Bolts, and Cats is a nice run. They seem to be getting their shit together.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":ldbcb77f said:
Taking 3 of 4 vs the Caps, Canes, Bolts, and Cats is a nice run. They seem to be getting their shit together.
Yeah, I expected them to lose all 3 of those games. Getting 6 points from those 3 games against great teams, and to hold that team to 1 goal with your backup goalie is outstanding.

Good times.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Another Kraken win, 7-4.
Fellas are playing great.
I’m loving this team and NHL hockey. At least I have a great distraction from the football teams I root for sucking and self destructing.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Watched the game against the Oilers tonight. First time I've watched an mlb game in what feels like forever. That ending was frantic and really exciting.

I shall be back for more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2yhv632o said:
Watched the game against the Oilers tonight. First time I've watched an mlb game in what feels like forever. That ending was frantic and really exciting.

I shall be back for more.
I’m new to NHL hockey this year. I’m loving it more than I thought I would.
They’ve already have beaten quite a few top NHL teams. Last 2 games were missing key players and managed an OT loss (1 point) and a win tonight for 2 points. A scrappy team with the coolest jerseys/sweaters in the league, what’s not to like. :2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Edge of your seat stuff... damn that time clock is so damn slow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":31kfaknv said:
Edge of your seat stuff... damn that time clock is so damn slow.
Yep. I love it when the other team has to pull their goalie though, I love a shot at getting empty net goals.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I feel compelled to say it was 6am when I wrote my post hence the bizarre MLB reference. Of course I meant NHL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":ogtarw29 said:
I feel compelled to say it was 6am when I wrote my post hence the bizarre MLB reference. Of course I meant NHL.
LOL, that’s what I figured. Don’t sweat it.

Ruminator

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1009xem0 said:

It's easy to get the two leagues confused -- the sports are nearly identical except the implements used are crooked on one end in the NHL.

Mix

Reaction score
Went to my first Kraken / Pro Hockey game on Friday.

The Stadium Renovation was really well done, from The Key to Climate Pledge

I find Hockey to be much like football where the crowd, the physicality, and the speed of the game doesn't translate as well on TV.

I feel I got a much better idea of the whole game, and had a blast.

16 Dollar beers are an insult to sports fans, better option is to stay at the armory across the street and enjoy cheaper drinks and food until before face off.

Rode the Monorail.

Favorite player as of Now is Philipp Grubauer.

Was nice to see them beat the Oilers, who had some amazing fans at the game.

You win Hockey, I'm hooked.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mix":27ejr1n8 said:

I find Hockey to be much like football where the crowd, the physicality, and the speed of the game doesn't translate as well on TV.

16 Dollar beers are an insult to sports fans, better option is to stay at the armory across the street and enjoy cheaper drinks and food until before face off.

Rode the Monorail.

I’m hoping to get down there in January.
Plan on catching the light rail from Northgate and then the monorail.

Everyone that I know that’s been there said it was a blast win or lose.
They’ve said the energy in that building is awesome.

Only complaint was the concession prices.

I’m liking the Kraken/NHL more than I thought I would.
They’ve been a great distraction from the dumpster fire Hawks and Husky football has been.

Mix

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ga08kcr said:
Mix":2ga08kcr said:

Rode the Monorail.

I’m hoping to get down there in January.
Plan on catching the light rail from Northgate and then the monorail.

Everyone that I know that’s been there said it was a blast win or lose.
They’ve said the energy in that building is awesome.

Only complaint was the concession prices.

I’m liking the Kraken/NHL more than I thought I would.
They’ve been a great distraction from the dumpster fire Hawks and Husky football has been.

You almost have to take the monorail and light rails now. So many homeless people out at night. Starting around 6pm in Seattle you see all the benefits that this brings to your community. Public urination / defecation, tent cities everywhere, saw a guy hit another guy with a hammer, and officers responded to a gun shot about 3 blocks from the monorail station. Seattle at night has become a 3rd world Nation, and the day time is starting to follow suit. More homeless people camping around Lumen / T-Mobile then there has ever been.

The crowd was electric, the opposing fans were great.

You will have a great time, they really hit the mark when it comes to the sport itself.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Kraken had a really nice stretch that made it look like they were starting to gel. Now they are back to the same crap tendencies they had before that stretch. Also possibly notable is that Giordano was out for that stretch on COVID protocal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JustTheTip":g9v65eh7 said:
Kraken had a really nice stretch that made it look like they were starting to gel. Now they are back to the same crap tendencies they had before that stretch. Also possibly notable is that Giordano was out for that stretch on COVID protocal.
Yeah, last 2 games have been turds. Too many lazy passes in their own defensive zone, bad goaltending, and not putting the puck in the net. Most of that is fixible. It would help though if our backup goalie was healthy.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seems pretty clear that Driedger is our best tender. My only gripe with him is he's pretty careless when he comes out of the net to retrieve a puck. Almost bit him against the Sharks a couple of times.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Seems pretty clear that Driedger is our best tender. My only gripe with him is he's pretty careless when he comes out of the net to retrieve a puck. Almost bit him against the Sharks a couple of times.

Latest posts