Gonzaga Basketball 2021-22

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wow, Zags looked fantastic! Nembhard was incredible, Holmgren played his best game yet as well. If they shoot this well I don't think anyone can beat the zags. Looking forward to seeing them play Duke. I would very much like to watch them beat Mike on his farewell tour.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Chet changes the whole d like karno did. The guards can push out more and be more aggressive.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Yeah last night was a beat down. It even looked like coach Few had his team pump the brakes in the second half so as not to embarrass UCLA that bad. Zags point guard has a very high skill set. They always have good guards

Ruminator

Reaction score
This gives us the green light to borrow a quote from Peter King in his 2014 column where he ranked the NFL teams where Seahawks dominated the top spot: Gonzaga ranks number one, and then we have ourselves a "massive line of demarcation" before we even get to any of the other schools. When was the last time a top-ranked school dominated so?

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Ruminator":2i9svnlc said:
This gives us the green light to borrow a quote from Peter King in his 2014 column where he ranked the NFL teams where Seahawks dominated the top spot: Gonzaga ranks number one, and then we have ourselves a "massive line of demarcation" before we even get to any of the other schools. When was the last time a top-ranked school dominated so?
UNLV back in the day with Stacey Augmon, Gilliam, Greg Amthony, Johnson and company. Jerry Tarkanian had some really good teams back in the late 80's-early 90's

Threedee

Reaction score
Ruminator":d8knm8jv said:
Big game tonight! BEAT UCK-LAH!

That's almost how I pronounce it. Whenever I see them playing the Utes, I belt out, in my best stadium announcer voice, Ootah-Ooclaw!!

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Oh snap the Zags play Duke tomorrow night. Duke is the most hated CBB team without much doubt. Should be a good one at least on paper but Gonzaga has a lot of weapons. Timme, Strawther, Chet, Nembhart, Sallis, Bolton and Watson would be a decent NBA squad

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Dissapointing loss yesterday. Duke put A LOT of pressure on our guards and they took us out of our offensive rhythm. Nembhard had a poor game but he needs a little help as the ball handling seems to rest solely on him. The banked three to take the lead really hurt GU and the turnovers by Nembhard sunk any real chance at winning.
Never the less they can learn and grow from it. I have no doubt they could take them in a rematch. In fact I would bet on it. This team is young and Strawther is starting to emerge as a real threat from three.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1r2c24eh said:
Dissapointing loss yesterday. Duke put A LOT of pressure on our guards and they took us out of our offensive rhythm. Nembhard had a poor game but he needs a little help as the ball handling seems to rest solely on him. The banked three to take the lead really hurt GU and the turnovers by Nembhard sunk any real chance at winning.
Never the less they can learn and grow from it. I have no doubt they could take them in a rematch. In fact I would bet on it. This team is young and Strawther is starting to emerge as a real threat from three.
25-11 Free throws and foul trouble was the difference. The team who has +11 rebounds,+7 assists, and out shoots their opponent 53.1%-46.3% wins 9 out of 10 times. This game was decided by the foul calls. Which lead to the huge free throw discrepancy.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Duke shot 25 FT's, Zags 11. That's the game.

Ambrose83":3d766n2u said:
No..they mean everything... Ask the bills of the 90s

I don't compare college to pros, completely different. Think of all the CFB teams that never even had a chance to play for a national title. There's more moral victories in college. The Bills are a franchise with billionaire owners. GU is a rather small private university that nobody outside the PNW knows exists (probably do now though).

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Zags lose to Alabama. Nembhard is not the answer at PG. At least if we want to win it all. Hickman showed some promise but I doubt Few takes the reigns from Nembhard and gives it to a freshman.

Chapow

Reaction score
Ruminator":4fls089k said:

Might want to pump the brakes a bit.

In their last 3 games they have 2 losses and a single digit win over a 1-7 Tarleton State team.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Chapow":3bindd6v said:
Ruminator":3bindd6v said:

Might want to pump the brakes a bit.

In their last 3 games they have 2 losses and a single digit win over a 1-7 Tarleton State team.

Slammed on the brakes late last month, but thanks for the suggestion. #1 beating #2 by 20 seemed significant at the time, but now we know otherwise.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Zags already back to #1 ranked AGAIN. LOL. Baylor couldn't even hold the 1 spot for most of the year. Neither could Duke.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Was at the San Fran (15-3 coming in) game the other night and Zags need a bubble butt. When their hitting their shots they are explosive, but I think they need a thick rebounder for the tournament.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Brackets are out! Looks like Gonzaga has a clear path to the final 8 ... after that it's about luck and matchups. Should be fun!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Second year in a row they put a lot of the top seeds we already played this year in GU's bracket. Probably coincidence but it is odd. Chance that Few faces off against BSU in second round with the old Zag coach Leon Rice.