PAC 12 basketball

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Man what the hell happened to the Huskies in hoops? How is Romar still there?

I agree with the projections btw, Zona is the clear fav but Cal might be really good with their incoming recruiting class - namely Jaylen Brown

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks with a win against #20 Baylor. Playing without two of our starters for the first month or so, have a chance to be really, really good when they return.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm excited to see how good Cal is with the two freshman.

Hopefully UW will be near the top in a year or two.

Either way, UW hoops should at least be fun to watch this year.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2etu9g2b said:
After a few down seasons it looks to be on the upswing with lots of talent coming into the conference. I've seen some projections with up to 7 pac12 teams making the tournament. Here's the preseason poll:

1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. Utah
4. Oregon
5. Ucla
6. Osu
7. Colorado
8. Asu
9. Stanford
10. USC
11. Washington
12. Wsu

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/10/15/ar ... ac12Social

I think UO finishes in the top 2. The win over Baylor, while missing two starters, was impressive.

Tical21

Reaction score
Huskies are going to finish in the top-half of the Pac-12 barring significant injuries to one of their bigs.

Tical21

Reaction score
CPHawk":3n6bk5cf said:
JSeahawks":3n6bk5cf said:
After a few down seasons it looks to be on the upswing with lots of talent coming into the conference. I've seen some projections with up to 7 pac12 teams making the tournament. Here's the preseason poll:

1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. Utah
4. Oregon
5. Ucla
6. Osu
7. Colorado
8. Asu
9. Stanford
10. USC
11. Washington
12. Wsu

I think UO finishes in the top 2. The win over Baylor, while missing two starters, was impressive.
Better than Cal with that backcourt? I dunno.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Utah getting ran by a good but not great Miami-Florida team. Utah is a solid team that should make the tourney as a 6-9 seed. They took a step back this year with the loss of Delon Wright.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":3mip9yh2 said:
CPHawk":3mip9yh2 said:
JSeahawks":3mip9yh2 said:

1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. Utah
4. Oregon
5. Ucla
6. Osu
7. Colorado
8. Asu
9. Stanford
10. USC
11. Washington
12. Wsu

Dorsey is a 5* top 20 recruit, and the UO PG Ennis, was a stud for Villanova an would easily be the top defensive guard in the conference, and top 2 pg in the conference.

UO just survived Valpo tonight, a team I fully expect to be dancing this year.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Real good Huskies team. Young, but looking good already.

Love that Romar has a team he can run up and down the floor with. No way they end up in the bottom half.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
The biggest question is... which team will Arizona have a final minute Meltdown to in the Elite 8?

A. Wisconsin
B. Ohio State
C. UConn
D. Illinois

Stayed tuned for the answer.

Tical21

Reaction score
CPHawk":37r2lvmi said:
Tical21":37r2lvmi said:
CPHawk":37r2lvmi said:
JSeahawks":37r2lvmi said:

1. Arizona
2. Cal
3. Utah
4. Oregon
5. Ucla
6. Osu
7. Colorado
8. Asu
9. Stanford
10. USC
11. Washington
12. Wsu

Dorsey is a 5* top 20 recruit, and the UO PG Ennis, was a stud for Villanova an would easily be the top defensive guard in the conference, and top 2 pg in the conference.

UO just survived Valpo tonight, a team I fully expect to be dancing this year.
Oh, I'm not hating on Oregon, I think they're good, I just think Cal and Arizona are on a little different level.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2p6xqca0 said:
Real good Huskies team. Young, but looking good already.

Love that Romar has a team he can run up and down the floor with. No way they end up in the bottom half.

I love a team that flies around the court. It's so much more exciting.

Also, it's a shame I don't see you posting much on this site anymore. I miss our arguments.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Neither Cal or Arizona look as good as some thought they would. Really Bad losses for both teams last night, and maybe a black eye for the conference.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CPHawk":18s9lr1g said:
Neither Cal or Arizona look as good as some thought they would. Really Bad losses for both teams last night, and maybe a black eye for the conference.

It is a down year for the conference.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks up to 15th in the country. Top rated team in the PAC.

Fun fact, only 3 schools have currently won both 10 football games and 20 basketball games 2 or more years in a row. The ducks have done it the last 5 years, Ohio state the last 3 years, Baylor the last 2. Ducks need to win their bowl game to get that 10th win in football this season.

Tical21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3006ayhz said:

Fun fact, only 3 schools have currently won both 10 football games and 20 basketball games 2 or more years in a row. The ducks have done it the last 5 years, Ohio state the last 3 years, Baylor the last 2. Ducks need to win their bowl game to get that 10th win in football this season.
So much fun.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tical21":2v57yugy said:
JSeahawks":2v57yugy said:

So much fun.

I knew you would enjoy it!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks getting their butts kicked tonight. Unlv is practically throwing up shots from the parking lot and hitting everything.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks were making a strong comeback then lost stud freshman Tyler Dorsey to what looks like a significant knee injury. That could be a season changer for the ducks.

Edit... Dorsey later came back in, looked bad but apparently wasnt. Dude must have Gumby legs. Ducks lose. Can't wait til bell and Ennis come back. This teams going to be really good