Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conor Mcgregor...

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:02 pm
  • Holy shi*

    I know a lot of you don't watch UFC anymore but I hope you saw that. Wow.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:35 am
  • Last edited by KitsapGuy on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 7202
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:19 pm
  • It happened so fast I guess I missed it. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on PPV for it.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7788
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:21 pm
  • The guys a savage, so fun to watch.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 am
  • I'd love to see these two fight again soon. Reminds me of Dos Santos vs Velasquez when JDS KO'd Cain quick before they actually got to showcase their skills. Velasquez dominated JDS the next two times they fought.

    I'd rather see a rematch with Aldo/McGegor over McGregor/Edgar.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1593
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:26 am
  • He might be the most entertaining and charismatic fighter since Muhammad Ali.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:31 pm
  • massari wrote:I'd love to see these two fight again soon. Reminds me of Dos Santos vs Velasquez when JDS KO'd Cain quick before they actually got to showcase their skills. Velasquez dominated JDS the next two times they fought.

    I'd rather see a rematch with Aldo/McGegor over McGregor/Edgar.


    Maybe, unless Aldo can get Connor on the ground I just don't see it ending any other way. McGregor is just soooo good on his feet it's sickening.
    BigMeach
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 790
    Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:11 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:57 am
  • BigMeach wrote:
    massari wrote:I'd love to see these two fight again soon. Reminds me of Dos Santos vs Velasquez when JDS KO'd Cain quick before they actually got to showcase their skills. Velasquez dominated JDS the next two times they fought.

    I'd rather see a rematch with Aldo/McGegor over McGregor/Edgar.


    Maybe, unless Aldo can get Connor on the ground I just don't see it ending any other way. McGregor is just soooo good on his feet it's sickening.

    McGregor is very hittable on the feet. He seems to take a lot of big shots but relies on his great chin. He also seems to have his lead leg wide open available to get hit with leg kicks by his opponents and Aldo probably has pound for pound the hardest/fastest kicks in the UFC.

    I thought Aldo's gameplan would be to play it safe by keeping distance and methodically chop at McGregors legs for the first couple rounds then go for the kill on the feet and/or by taking him down when McGreor's legs start to soften.

    If I had to bet, I'd probably still pick Aldo if they have a rematch.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1593
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:03 am
  • hawknation2015 wrote:McGregor is talking about moving up to 155. That would be fascinating.

    http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/18/1062 ... ses-on-155

    Rafael dos Anjos vs McGregor at 155 wouldn't even be competitive. McGregor has a punchers chance, that's it. Dos Anjos would eat him alive.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1593
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:59 am
  • massari wrote:
    hawknation2015 wrote:McGregor is talking about moving up to 155. That would be fascinating.

    http://www.mmamania.com/2015/12/18/1062 ... ses-on-155

    Rafael dos Anjos vs McGregor at 155 wouldn't even be competitive. McGregor has a punchers chance, that's it. Dos Anjos would eat him alive.


    Dos Anjos looks massive for a welterweight. I have read that his natural weight is close to 200 lbs. I think it would be a fascinating challenge for McGregor if he takes it up. McGregor has a wiry frame with an insane left hand. It would certainly test his chin. Dos Anjos is a savage and McGregor is a maniac. Would love to see that fight.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:52 am
  • Conor McGregor responded to callouts made by three fighters Saturday night at UFC on FOX 17 in Orlando. The new UFC featherweight champion, who has designs on moving up to lightweight and winning the title there, took to Twitter to address Rafael dos Anjos, Nate Diaz and Charles Oliveira, all of whom used McGregor's name in their post-fight interview.

    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/20/1 ... -dos-anjos




    Looks like he and Kam Chancellor have a similar taste in vehicles.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:35 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:He might be the most entertaining and charismatic fighter since Muhammad Ali.


    Concur. I'm not a big MMA guy, but he's damned fun to watch.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22928
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:45 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:06 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:13 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:16 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:28 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:31 pm
  • Image
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:12 pm
  • Nothin from nothin, but he wouldn't last five minutes in a ring.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5267
    Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:00 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Nothin from nothin, but he wouldn't last five minutes in a ring.


    Five minutes in 10 ounce gloves? I doubt that . . . if you have watched some of his fights, he has an unbelievable chin. He was also Ireland's under-16 amateur boxing champion before moving to karate and jiu-jitsu.

    If he's getting hit full force with 4 ounce gloves, what makes you think he would be knocked out in a boxing ring?

    That's not to say he would make a successful professional boxer. He may or may not, but to say he wouldn't last 5 minutes seems a little preposterous.
    hawknation2015
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5439
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Seattle, Washington


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:20 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Nothin from nothin, but he wouldn't last five minutes in a ring.



    And most boxers wouldn't last 10minutes in the octagon. Why do boxing fans like to try and make this silly argument?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3593
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:08 pm
  • hawknation2015 wrote:Image


    People who don't follow the sport miss the beautiful subtleties when a master is performing his craft. You'll hear people say that the guy is just a brawler, but look closely at this gif.

    Watch as Aldo throws his right hand. McGregor doesn't panic at all, stands in the pocket and parries it with his right hand and sweeps it down. And at the same time - knowing that Aldo will follow with his left hand - he immediately blasts him with a counter left for the knockout...right before Aldo's left lands. Because Conor beat him to the punch the force in Aldo's left has nothing behind it because his mass/momentum was stopped in its tracks.

    If Conor doesn't land that left cleanly, Aldo may have very well knocked Conor out.

    It was only 13 seconds, but it was a beautiful 13 seconds to watch.
    Last edited by Vancanhawksfan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Vancanhawksfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:16 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:Nothin from nothin, but he wouldn't last five minutes in a ring.


    And what would make you say that? These guys train with boxers and boxing trainers all the time. There have been boxers that have converted to mma and vice versa.

    Guys like you watch this and b!@ch about their technique without thinking about what you're saying. The footwork and distancing is necessarily different because mma fighters have to think about leg kicks and takedowns. They can't always just step into the pocket and trade blows with 6 punch combinations because the 6 ounce gloves can tag a guy on the chin or the temple and knock them out in a flash. Defence is different because you aren't blocking with 16 oz gloves either but tiny 6 oz gloves. Striking is very different in mma so of course there would be an adjustment.

    But to say that a guy like McGregor couldn't last 5 minutes? That's just stupid. These guys train with boxers all the time and they're not getting knocked out like their children.

    That said there is nothing saying that a good boxer can't come in and be a good mma fighter. Boxing is an art just as all others are, and it is a fundamental one in mma. But it would take a rare athlete to be able to come in only as a boxer and be able to beat the best if he didn't have other skills too, because most of these guys if they drag a pure boxer to the ground will r@p* them until they learn a little bit more too.
    Vancanhawksfan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 257
    Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:47 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:08 pm
  • Conor is on fire right now , jumping up a weight class to fight RDA is a risky move becuase RDA is on a hot streak also. Should be a great fight.
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:11 pm
  • Vancanhawksfan wrote:
    hawknation2015 wrote:Image


    People who don't follow the sport miss the beautiful subtleties when a master is performing his craft. You'll hear people say that the guy is just a brawler, but look closely at this gif.

    Watch as Aldo throws his right hand. McGregor doesn't panic at all, stands in the pocket and parries it with his right hand and sweeps it down. And at the same time - knowing that Aldo will follow with his left hand - he immediately blasts him with a counter left for the knockout...right before Aldo's left lands. Because Conor beat him to the punch the force in Aldo's left has nothing behind it because his mass/momentum was stopped in its tracks.

    If Conor doesn't land that left cleanly, Aldo may have very well knocked Conor out.

    It was only 13 seconds, but it was a beautiful 13 seconds to watch.

    Conor has some of the best boxing ive seen in the UFC, he sets up strikes perfectly and is a very good counter puncher. Anyone who thinks he is a brawler doesnt follow the sport.
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:52 pm
  • Vancanhawksfan wrote:
    hawknation2015 wrote:Image


    People who don't follow the sport miss the beautiful subtleties when a master is performing his craft. You'll hear people say that the guy is just a brawler, but look closely at this gif.

    Watch as Aldo throws his right hand. McGregor doesn't panic at all, stands in the pocket and parries it with his right hand and sweeps it down. And at the same time - knowing that Aldo will follow with his left hand - he immediately blasts him with a counter left for the knockout...right before Aldo's left lands. Because Conor beat him to the punch the force in Aldo's left has nothing behind it because his mass/momentum was stopped in its tracks.

    If Conor doesn't land that left cleanly, Aldo may have very well knocked Conor out.

    It was only 13 seconds, but it was a beautiful 13 seconds to watch.


    Thanks for pointing that out, didnt even notice that.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:54 pm
  • It's funny, a good friend of mine was in the ufc for awhile, and as a young man he started out as a boxer and was a gold gloves guy. He told me the first time he trained with mma guys, he just fell in love with the sport and dropped boxing all together. He just liked that their is so much more you can do, and all the different styles guys bring to the sport.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3593
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:06 am
  • RussB wrote:Conor is on fire right now , jumping up a weight class to fight RDA is a risky move becuase RDA is on a hot streak also. Should be a great fight.

    Unfortunately we'll have to wait a while. Dos Anjos has pulled out of the fight with a foot injury.

    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14829 ... oot-injury
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:27 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    RussB wrote:Conor is on fire right now , jumping up a weight class to fight RDA is a risky move becuase RDA is on a hot streak also. Should be a great fight.

    Unfortunately we'll have to wait a while. Dos Anjos has pulled out of the fight with a foot injury.

    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/14829 ... oot-injury

    Yup, heard the news. First aldo pulls out now RDA lol.
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2589
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm
  • "They all have sore vaginas lately, it's crazy," McGregor said. "There's something going on, I don't know. Dos Anjos broke his foot and his vag*** in the same damn day. Same with [Frankie] Edgar. I couldn't believe the odds of that to happen."
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/24/11 ... ot-and-his

    LMAO
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 932
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:37 am
  • The presser with McGregor and Nate Diaz was great! Conor will win, but he better bring his lunch box and hard hat, them Stockton boys are fighters.




    Best part is 29:00 to about 44:00 :lol:

    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:50 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:The presser with McGregor and Nate Diaz was great! Conor will win, but he better bring his lunch box and hard hat, them Stockton boys are fighters.




    Best part is 29:00 to about 44:00 :lol:




    Not only that, but Diaz is a lot bigger than anyone Connor has fought.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3593
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 pm
  • I think Diaz is gonna win this pretty easily.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2600
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:50 pm
  • If he can avoid going to the mat, McGregor is going to pick Diaz apart from start to finish. Diaz has never been KO'ed, but Saturday might be the one.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3540
    Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 am
    Location: South Seattle


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 am
  • Diaz always uses his reach advantage really well. Keeps the distance with a nice jab and a good one-two combo.

    But you have to like Conor here. He is the more precise and harder hitting fighter. However, the fact that he is fighting someone who is bigger with a reach advantage does make it interesting.

    Too bad I will be at a wedding and probably won't have a chance to watch it live.
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 932
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:14 pm
  • I just can't get over the size difference here. I just don't see this being an easy fight for McGregor. Diaz is probably 185-190 walking around, and cuts down to 170. While CM weighs 160-165 walking around and cuts to 145 for fights. I think this will be a brawl, I doubt either finishes the other, and it will be on the judges. Do the protect the UFC golden boy? We'll see.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3593
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:19 pm
  • CPHawk wrote:I just can't get over the size difference here. I just don't see this being an easy fight for McGregor. Diaz is probably 185-190 walking around, and cuts down to 170. While CM weighs 160-165 walking around and cuts to 145 for fights. I think this will be a brawl, I doubt either finishes the other, and it will be on the judges. Do the protect the UFC golden boy? We'll see.

    Conor actually walks around in the 175-180 range. I don't think size is an issue here. The big issue for Conor is fighting a rangy boxer who is arguably better than Conor with his hands. Conor will need to work on Diaz legs because if he tries to trade punches he's going to get worked. Diaz is a great volume boxer who does well going against fighters who don't try to physically impose their will. Connor isnt strong enough to really wear Diaz down, so it'll be interesting, much closer than the betting line implies.

    Interesting fight. It feels like a trap for CM...
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2600
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 am


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:11 pm
  • Fantastic. Can't stand that douche.

    Also shout out to Tate, representing Tacoma. :0190l:
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:18 pm
  • Love the fact that Miesha Tate won. Love Miesha! :D
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 932
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:40 am
  • It was a good fight with some damage done.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3666
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:58 am
  • Talk all that jazz, get handed ur ass!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3170
    Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:17 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:04 am
  • The two main events were incredible. McGregor got cocky imo and it cost him. He will bounce back.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 4423
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:22 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:The two main events were incredible. McGregor got cocky imo and it cost him. He will bounce back.


    His sexual preference and how much he pays for his dates had no effect on the fight.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm
  • Oh my quite the typo lol
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 4423
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:18 am
  • Forget the "Madden Curse." The currently active video game cover-related curse is linked to the UFC.

    With Conor McGregor submitting to Nate Diaz at UFC 196 on Saturday, and Ronda Rousey getting demolished back at UFC 193, EA Sports will be entering the release of the second title in its UFC franchise with both cover athletes coming off a loss.

    http://www.sportingnews.com/sport-news/ ... r-mcgregor



    Image
    hawknation2016
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 932
    Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:14 pm


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:08 am
  • Not been a good stretch lately for being a cocky douche...Rousey, Newton, McGregor...I'm lovin' it.

    Image
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3278
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Conor Mcgregor...
Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:42 am
  • Image

    That'a girl!!

    :bow: :bow:
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 6826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 am
    Location: Ballard




It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests