Deep bench guys

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Well I'm in a 14 team league with 6 bench guys so needless to say the waiver wire is pathetic most weeks. Who do you see out there as super deep sleepers for the rest of the season.

As an example of how bad waiver wires are here are a few bench guys I have.

Bobby Rainey
Mike Gillislee
Jalen Richard
Dion Lewis

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You can probably cut bait on Rainey. No Giants RB is really worth starting. Even when healthy Jennings is a borderline FLEX play most weeks. I honestly think no OAK RB will have value, including Latavius when he comes back.

As for guys you can target in deep leageus. The WR Meredeith on Chicago seems like a solid pick up. He had 12 targets for like 130 yards and a TD last week. Hoyer seems to like throwing to him.

Ladarius Green is set to return in week 7 I believe. He will be the #1 TE on a good offense.

I'm pretty high on NE WR Chris Hogan. Had a nice week in Brady's debut going for over 100 yards. He basically takes over the role that LaFell had the past two years. He will primarily be the deep threat on that offense. He will probably be no more than the #4 target on that team, but NE has the best offense in the NFL, and Brady will throw around 40 times a game. If he can just get 7+ targets a game I think he will be a WR2. LaFell was a WR2 in his first year with NE, and IMO Hogan is a better talent.

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ct6y60c said:
You can probably cut bait on Rainey. No Giants RB is really worth starting. Even when healthy Jennings is a borderline FLEX play most weeks. I honestly think no OAK RB will have value, including Latavius when he comes back.

As for guys you can target in deep leageus. The WR Meredeith on Chicago seems like a solid pick up. He had 12 targets for like 130 yards and a TD last week. Hoyer seems to like throwing to him.

Ladarius Green is set to return in week 7 I believe. He will be the #1 TE on a good offense.

I'm pretty high on NE WR Chris Hogan. Had a nice week in Brady's debut going for over 100 yards. He basically takes over the role that LaFell had the past two years. He will primarily be the deep threat on that offense. He will probably be no more than the #4 target on that team, but NE has the best offense in the NFL, and Brady will throw around 40 times a game. If he can just get 7+ targets a game I think he will be a WR2. LaFell was a WR2 in his first year with NE, and IMO Hogan is a better talent.

I Flex'd Richard last week and got 12 points out of him due to byes. And as an example, in my league all of those guys are roster'd already.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":10xz66ct said:

Hogan has potential, but a lot would have to happen for him to be a consisten WR2. Last week he had over 110 yards I believe...but that was on 4 catches and just 4 targets. He was the 5th most targeted..

Meredith is probably gone in most leagues already...you dont fly under the radar in any league for long with 9 catches and 100 yards..especially when the WR in front is hurt. I actually have Meredith and Royal on one team now and the problem is trying to figure out whether to use one or not and which one..because the way my year is going I will guess wrong every time!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The key for Hogan will be if he can get 7+ targets a game. It will be hard for him to do anything with 5 targets. But in his first year with NE, LaFell was a very good WR. Hogan slides into that exact same role. The only thing that is different is that NE will utilize a lot more 2 TE sets, so there is more competition for targets behind Edelman and Gronk.

We will find out more about Hogan after a few more games. One game is not enough of a sample size.