Tiger

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's back. -1 through the first 5 holes. I'd really like to see him do well, makes golf much more interesting.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He actually was -4 through 8/9 but seemed like he got tired on the back 9..Just glad to see him back..He switched to Taylor Made driver/woods..Brought his Newport Scotty Cameron putter out of retirement,this is the same putter he won 13 majors with..

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":103augc4 said:
He actually was -4 through 8/9 but seemed like he got tired on the back 9..Just glad to see him back..He switched to Taylor Made driver/woods..Brought his Newport Scotty Cameron putter out of retirement,this is the same putter he won 13 majors with..

I don't get why he switched putters, clubs, swings to begin with. I mean, I get that he's a perfectionist, but it's like Michael Jordan saying "Well, I had a good run right handed, guess I'll start shooting lefty."

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":2mosm5ie said:
IndyHawk":2mosm5ie said:

I don't get why he switched putters, clubs, swings to begin with. I mean, I get that he's a perfectionist, but it's like Michael Jordan saying "Well, I had a good run right handed, guess I'll start shooting lefty."
Well Nike is out of the club making business so he is not under contract with their stuff.He had all the club makers flooding him with clubs to try and he chose what he likes for free.I believe he still is using Nike irons for now since he has them but eventually he will sign with someone.He even changed his ball to Bridgestone.The putter is the exact one he won all those majors except one.I never understood why he changed from that to begin with.
Today he shot a 65 with no bogeys ..Wow- I can't wait to watch this weekend.

I'm not sure if you really don't know or what but MJ shot left handed and batted left handed.

Hawker

Reaction score
Tiger fell apart during his Sunday round, but prior to that he had a few moments where he was in the top 5 (albeit a tournament field of only 17 notables).

He played solid golf on the front nine all 4 days, but the back 9 really gave him fits.

Hideki Matsuyama is on a roll. He should be able to hold off Stenson for the win.

In related golf news, Varner won the Australian Open today - first American to do so in a good, long while.

Latest posts