Favorite Golf Courses in NW

getnasty

Reaction score
My buddies and I are looking to plan a weekend golfing trip and i was looking for ideas for places to play. Shoot me some suggestions what are a few of your favorite course in the NW.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Wrong forum, I'm gonna get roasted in the shack, someone help me move this to the sports bar.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sahali used to be considered good, heard good things about Druids Glen also Legion up in Everett, but I don't Hack or Play just had friends that did. I found a Batting cage more interesting personally, Hacked a few times with friends and had no interest, It was like watching Soccer or Baseball on TV but you were actually there. At least I tried it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I haven't played a whole lot of courses, but there's three in my neck of the woods that I think are pretty sweet. The Highlander in East Wenatchee, Bear Mountain outside of Chelan, and Desert Canyon outside of Orondo. All of them have their fair share of pros and cons, but being in the eastern foothills of the Cascades will most likely get you sunny days and there's a good amount of inexpensive tourist locations/lodging near these golf courses.

I played a handful on the west side of the mountains when I was a teenager, but I honestly don't even remember what they were at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I have to divide this into two categories.

Amazing experience to get to play a US Open course with tremendous views...............but will play terrible cause it's so hard and you'll probably never want to come back = Chambers Bay

Favorite course = Home Course in Dupont. Fantastic links style with great views, AND is fair enough to score well and have an enjoyable round.

Tical21

Reaction score
Home Course is great, but not sure about the destination for a weekend.

For a destination? Have to go to Bandon. It's a no-brainer.

Next I would go Gold Mountain if you guys are players, or Desert Canyon for a relaxed, resort feel.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Stone Ridge outside of Spokane north was pretty good. I can not play any more this year. One round and I put them away.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2n8uv4rb said:
I haven't played a whole lot of courses, but there's three in my neck of the woods that I think are pretty sweet. The Highlander in East Wenatchee, Bear Mountain outside of Chelan, and Desert Canyon outside of Orondo. All of them have their fair share of pros and cons, but being in the eastern foothills of the Cascades will most likely get you sunny days and there's a good amount of inexpensive tourist locations/lodging near these golf courses.

I played a handful on the west side of the mountains when I was a teenager, but I honestly don't even remember what they were at this point.

Good call on the Chelan courses.

I've done quite a few dude trips to these courses, great weekend getaway destination if you can find acommodations for under $300 a night in and around Chelan in the summertime.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
We were thinking about Chelan and maybe Gamble Sands, anyone do the suncadia courses those look good too.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":j2okx0k4 said:
We were thinking about Chelan and maybe Gamble Sands, anyone do the suncadia courses those look good too.

I've played Rope Rider and Prospector, but not Tumble Creek.

It's similar to the Chelan courses, it all depends on if you can find a deal or cheaper accommodations...........because not only are the rounds expensive at the Suncadia courses, the resort is crazy expensive pretty much all year around.

But great courses if you're just talking golf. Personally I like the Chelan area courses better, and the city is more fun than Suncadia.

DKHAWK79

Reaction score
A couple of other suggestion for weekend trips.

1) Port Ludlow and White Horse on the Olympic Peninsula.
Both courses are great challanges and the scenary is amazing.

2) Semiahmoo and Loomis Trail
Loomis Trail has water on almost every hole so score can get a bit ugly.

3) Apple Tree Golf Course in Yakima. Could add one of the Suncadia courses for the weekend.
Apple Tree is in absolute stunning course in my opinion. Tried both Suncadia courses and they are both great courses

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Heading to play 36 at Gamble on Thursday, should be fun