Seattle Sounders 2019 Offseason

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Campbell's a solid CB, I like this pickup. Should fit nicely into the CB rotation.......and probably also spells the end of Torres.

He's definitely no longer worth the salary.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Bummed by this. Hoped he would see his career out with the Sounders but I get why he doesn't want to take a pay cut.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Just saw the news.

He will be a great addition to a team opening a sparkling new stadium.

Sucks for seattle i know.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25bfn3ln said:

I'm definitely torn. IMO Ozzie is the greatest Sounder of all time, but over the past two seasons he hasn't been worth the 1M we were paying him, and soaking up a DP tag. Still good, but not great.

So I was hoping the market would be cool for his services and we could bring him back for half that, or even less.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":p9fysr8k said:
Uncle Si":p9fysr8k said:

I'm definitely torn. IMO Ozzie is the greatest Sounder of all time, but over the past two seasons he hasn't been worth the 1M we were paying him, and soaking up a DP tag. Still good, but not great.

So I was hoping the market would be cool for his services and we could bring him back for half that, or even less.

Yeah. Its tough. You hope something works out where he can stay.

Not sure what MNUs plan is, but ozzie is first choice CDM in that team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1dx5b5s2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1dx5b5s2 said:
Uncle Si":1dx5b5s2 said:

Yeah. Its tough. You hope something works out where he can stay.

Not sure what MNUs plan is, but ozzie is first choice CDM in that team.

I think he'll be a great tough veteran steady CDM presence that a young club like Minnesota needs, if Ozzie can stay healthy.

But yeah, it'll be super weird to see him in another kit.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Brad Smith was not recalled by Bournemouth, so he's with Seattle until at least the Summer window.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What the hell is a Zulily

Jersey_detail_1.0.jpg

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xa9cvjx2 said:
What the hell is a Zulily

Jersey_detail_1.0.jpg
It's an online shopping site based in Seattle. Beats the hell of out advertising an MLM scheme. And they're paying big for it. The XBox deal was $4 million a year, which was one of the biggest sponsorship deals in MLS. Zulily is paying $6 to $10 million per year.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
How do you think the squad looks for the season ahead?

Would have liked Torres traded and another CB brought in. Possibly another wide player, assuming Morris takes one side and is back to 100%. Would like another forward too incase Ruidiaz get hurt. Bruin is okay as a squad player but would like some more quality there.

I take it Roldan will go in Ozzys position?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":hcii5v9d said:
How do you think the squad looks for the season ahead?

Would have liked Torres traded and another CB brought in. Possibly another wide player, assuming Morris takes one side and is back to 100%. Would like another forward too incase Ruidiaz get hurt. Bruin is okay as a squad player but would like some more quality there.

I take it Roldan will go in Ozzys position?

We did bring in another CB, Jonathon Cambell from the Fire..............and as long as the River Plate rumors aren't true and we're not open to selling Loediro? I like this year to finally be the year we don't dig ourselves an early season hole and play well, the roster is certainly set up for getting out of the gate quickly.

Smith is still here, four solid CB's, Morris is back and Ruidiaz and Lodeiro with a full camp.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sounders 2 have officially rebranded as Tacoma Defiance, and the Seattle Reign are relocating to Tacoma and will be just Reign FC. Both will be playing in a new soccer specific stadium that is being built.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Sucks if your a reign fan. Long way to go to see their games if your in Seattle. Sucks even more if you bought season tickets this year. I usually went to a game a season but no way would I go to Tacoma.

I get memorial stadiums sucks and is decrepit. Just disappointed they couldn't find a new home in Seattle. .

Would feel a lot better about their long term future if they were affiliated with the sounders. No idea how many fans will show up in tacoma.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3rz0cjwp said:
Sucks if your a reign fan. Long way to go to see their games if your in Seattle. Sucks even more if you bought season tickets this year. I usually went to a game a season but no way would I go to Tacoma.

I get memorial stadiums sucks and is decrepit. Just disappointed they couldn't find a new home in Seattle. .

Would feel a lot better about their long term future if they were affiliated with the sounders. No idea how many fans will show up in tacoma.
The Reign also announced new minority ownership yesterday, including Adrian Hanauer, Lenore Hanauer, and the group that operates the Tacoma Rainiers and Tacoma Defiance.
https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/1/3 ... acoma-2019

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mn United with another big move.

3 big time players brought in. Could be an interesting season for them. Sucks they off loaded Ramirez though
Only two homegrown players left

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ryi49tb said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2ryi49tb said:

The Reign also announced new minority ownership yesterday, including Adrian Hanauer, Lenore Hanauer, and the group that operates the Tacoma Rainiers and Tacoma Defiance.
https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/1/3 ... acoma-2019

They clarified though that its still nothing to do with the Sounders.

If the Reign want to keep interest in Seattle/Everett, they should try play 2/3 games a year in Seattle. Play the Thorns at Century Link and try get a big crowd. Surely that's doable?