Seattle Sounders 2019 Season Thread

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The 2019 season starts tonight, @ 7pm PT, against newcomers FC Cincinnati. Jordan Morris is expected to get his first MLS start since Sept. 11, 2017.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jordan Morris is officially back.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LIVESounders/status/1102025905797394432[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Victor Rodriguez was on fire. Easily the best player on the pitch last night. Nice start for the Sounders.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Great performance. Hope like crazy that Morris and Rodriguez stay healthy this year.

Was the crowd down? Saw the hawks nest was tarped. Or have they opened more if the upper deck?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2z81mlz4 said:
Victor Rodriguez was on fire. Easily the best player on the pitch last night. Nice start for the Sounders.

With Morris giving us tremendous width down the right, the combo of Smith and Rodriguez down the left should be a game changer..................again IF all three can stay healthy. Which is a big if for all three players.

But great start to a season, finally. Hopefully this is a sign of not starting slow and digging ourselves a hole seemingly every year.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Yeah thats the fear. Smith looks like he's made of glass so far.

If V-Rod stays healthy he's probably worth the DP slot.

Morris- just needs to watch the hamstrings.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Another week, another win. I think it's safe to say the Sounders aren't going to need a massive second half surge to make the playoffs this year. If everyone stays healthy I think we're challenging for our second Supporter's Shield.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
2 games in and supporter shield talk?

Ok..

But, lots of early positives to draw from.

Well MNU is 2-0, both games on the road. They play their first 5 on the road. Saw something never seen before yesterday... San Jose man-marked every player. 10 players each with a man marking assignment.

It was disaster of course

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2fozwbp0 said:
Uncle Si":2fozwbp0 said:
2 games in and supporter shield talk?

Ok..
I gave up irrational negativity for Lent. Now it's all about irrational positivity. :D

Damn it...

Here i gave up loose women.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The Sounders already have six points in March. That's more than the last three seasons combined and ties a club record for points in that month.

I think this is our strongest line up. Under Schmetzer we usually start slow and get hot at the right time. This season is uncharted territory. All to do with injury luck. If we stay healthy, get a summer reinforcement or too, no reason we cant make a shield run.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1kzq1i5m said:
The Sounders already have six points in March. That's more than the last three seasons combined and ties a club record for points in that month.

I think this is our strongest line up. Under Schmetzer we usually start slow and get hot at the right time. This season is uncharted territory. All to do with injury luck. If we stay healthy, get a summer reinforcement or too, no reason we cant make a shield run.

I agree with strongest lineup, at least strongest lineup to start a season.

This is really the first year I can remember that we haven't been desperately holding on treading water waiting for the summer transfer window because of a big void in the lineup or unplanned key injury.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Also- that's two games in a row where the hawks nest is tarped. Is attendance down? If so, why? Was hoping it would keep growing. I worry the split from the hawks for ticketing etc was a mistake.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":38izx3yb said:
Also- that's two games in a row where the hawks nest is tarped. Is attendance down? If so, why? Was hoping it would keep growing. I worry the split from the hawks for ticketing etc was a mistake.

The Sounders attendance stats have them right at their season average from last year (38K), so not sure what's going on.

I don't think you can buy season tix for the Hawk's nest area can you? Isn't that for single game tickets only? So maybe once we get into nicer weather and more walk up and single game seats are sold they'll open that section up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Any chance its keeping the intimacy of the MLS games? Pretty sure most stadiums only max in the 20ks?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3gm9btb6 said:
Any chance its keeping the intimacy of the MLS games? Pretty sure most stadiums only max in the 20ks?

For playing in a football stadium, Century Link is pretty damn intimate. Very good sight lines, and we know about the noise. But no, I don't think the Sounders really care about capping the capacity to protect intimacy, they'll sell as many season tickets as they can.

Obviously we'd all prefer a soccer specific stadium. I just don't see that happening any time soon.

knownone

Reaction score
With this ownership group and Seattle’s political climate, I don’t think we’ll get a soccer specific stadium in the next two decades. It would require the Sounders to pretty much finance everything.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SeatownJay":gqij6vgy said:
Another game, another win. This team is so fun to watch when everyone is healthy.

Defense was pretty sloppy after going up 3-0. That needs to be corrected.