March Madness game thread

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Watched the opening game with FDU and PV A&M.
Entertaining game to watch Jahlil Jenkins has talent.
GU should crush FDU easily.
Looking forward to watching Belmont. Hoping they can pull off some upsets.

Just wanted to start this thread for anyone who wants to talk about the games.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't understand these four play in games. I get that it expands the field but having 11 seeds play 11 seeds? Are they really both 11 seeds at that point? Doesn't that mean we have 5 11 seeds?

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I believe they started it when new conferences were put together thereby giving more automatic bids. So they expanded the field to 68. And there is one more 11 and 12.
There is also two more 16's. I like it myself. Belmont would not have been able to get in otherwise and they deserved to be.
I picked them to upset Maryland.

Edit: by the way both games last night were fun to watch. I will say there was an obvious drop off in talent between the sixteens. FDU has two quality guards but other than that there was a lack of talent between them.

GU will crush FDU

D

DomeHawk

Natethegreat":3oxhj8zu said:
Watched the opening game with FDU and PV A&M.
Entertaining game to watch Jahlil Jenkins has talent.
GU should crush FDU easily.
Looking forward to watching Belmont. Hoping they can pull off some upsets.

Just wanted to start this thread for anyone who wants to talk about the games.

Yeah, thanks for putting this up, don't know how much time I can spend but it can be really entertaining.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
As of now I have my final four as Gonzaga, Duke, Virginia and Kentucky with Duke beating Virginia in the finals. Might switch it, but that's what I have now.

I feel like Nevada or Buffalo will beat Michigan and play Zags in the Elite 8.

I think the South bracket could have a ton of upsets. I think Cinci or Tennessee comes out of the bottom part of that region, but wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin, Nova, Purdue and KState all lost in the first round. Those teams are solid but not great.

The top part of the Midwest could also have a lot of upsets. Won't be surprised if Northweastern beats Kansas and New Mexico St beats Auburn. Also think Iowa St can get to the Sweet 16.

As of now my Final Four is Gonzaga, Duke, Virginia and Kentucky, with Duke beating Virginia in the title game. I really like taking teams with lots of offense, especially great guard play. Won't be surprised if this is the year Gonzaga or Virginia finally win the championship.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think that potential Florida State-Zaga matchup could be the end for Zaga.

Potential Auburn/kansas-UNC matchup as well

D

DomeHawk

Uncle Si":1nosunyd said:

Watched them recently where multiple announcers were lauding them as one of the very most talented teams in the country.

Them against Texas Tech in the Elite Eight?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1ar4czhs said:
Uncle Si":1ar4czhs said:

Watched them recently where multiple announcers were lauding them as one of the very most talented teams in the country.

Them against Texas Tech in the Elite Eight?

I think michigan prevails there... but the final four of the west region is almost a coin flip to me.

So hard to trust gonzaga

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qpmjucg0 said:

If Zags don't come ready to play, Florida St can definitely beat them. I think the loss in the WCC championship game and losing to Florida St last season will help them.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":chdn6zab said:
As of now I have my final four as Gonzaga, Duke, Virginia and Kentucky with Duke beating Virginia in the finals. Might switch it, but that's what I have now.

I feel like Nevada or Buffalo will beat Michigan and play Zags in the Elite 8.

I think the South bracket could have a ton of upsets. I think Cinci or Tennessee comes out of the bottom part of that region, but wouldn't be surprised if Wisconsin, Nova, Purdue and KState all lost in the first round. Those teams are solid but not great.

The top part of the Midwest could also have a lot of upsets. Won't be surprised if Northweastern beats Kansas and New Mexico St beats Auburn. Also think Iowa St can get to the Sweet 16.

As of now my Final Four is Gonzaga, Duke, Virginia and Kentucky, with Duke beating Virginia in the title game. I really like taking teams with lots of offense, especially great guard play. Won't be surprised if this is the year Gonzaga or Virginia finally win the championship.
Mine is similiar. South region is the weakest and I expect Virginia to win it but I have Cincinatti meeting Virginia in the elite eight. I could see either Houston, Kentucky, or Auburn upsetting UNC in the Mid West and while I don't think UW has the offensive firepower to upset UNC I am looking forward to watching that game.
I think there is a chance for upsets in the West only because it is so strong top to bottom. Nevada is underseeded and Buffalo is really really good. Either team could make a run.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There is only one team I feel is capable of upsetting the apple cart in the East. That is Virginia Tech. They have the guard play and three point shooting needed to pull off an upset over Duke.
I feel like I should include Louisville in that too but man do they melt down at the end of games. Talented but hard to trust.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Stuff gets real starting tomorrow. Had one year where I took the Thursday and Friday off to stay home and watch the games. If you catch it in the right year, March Madness can be incredibly exciting.

D

DomeHawk

HawkGA":3t7fq9vp said:
Stuff gets real starting tomorrow. Had one year where I took the Thursday and Friday off to stay home and watch the games. If you catch it in the right year, March Madness can be incredibly exciting.

There was a time where I spent a few years going to Vegas for The Big Dance. So much fun to be able to make a bet, big or small, to add so much more interest to the game. Get yourself a nice seat where you can see multiple screens, pretty girls bring you drink and food, and if you're lucky one of those real professional sport's bettors will sit next to you and share some of their wealth of information. https://www.westgateresorts.com/hotels/ ... orts-book/

D

DomeHawk

ASU doing a pretty good job leading St Johns by 18 with 5:51 left in the half.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Got to watch part of the NDSU win over NCC today. It was a fun game to watch but I don’t see any real threat of a shocker coming when they play Duke

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I’ve got Duke, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida state in the final 4. With duke beating nc in the title game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cjt3fep said:
I’ve got Duke, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida state in the final 4. With duke beating nc in the title game.

I have a very similar bracket (of my 3)

mistaowen

Reaction score
LSU looks like they're doing alright without their HC. Very fun team to watch.
Minnesota raining 3's against Louisville. Funny too, they've been a bad 3 point shooting team all year.
NM State is a good team, not surprised they're playing Auburn tight so far.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Minnesota surprised me. I thought Louisville would be a dangerous team. Yale almost came back on LSU. Went 4-30 from three until the end or I think they pull off that upset.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Interesting that Florida State is tied with Vermont at the half right now. That's my big upset pick in the opening round.