Mariners 2019 season

Atradees

Reaction score
A good solid start. Undefeated. Strickland gets his first save.

Santana homered to right, Gordon scored, Bruce scored and Encarnacion scored. Grand Slam DSwingo!

sutz

Reaction score
Given the venue and the opponent, it was a pretty decent start for Gonzalez, too.

:irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ngbrodb said:
Who said rebuild?
Well, there still is that bullpen. Rumbelow just about blew the whole game. At least Strickland did his job.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":2689lnv9 said:
Uncle Si":2689lnv9 said:
Who said rebuild?
Well, there still is that bullpen. Rumbelow just about blew the whole game. At least Strickland did his job.

Im definitely kidding... this team might win 70 games.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Nice win, did anyone stay up to watch?

I can't think of Mariners opening day that I had such little excitement for. Situation is a little different because of Japan, but even if it were in Seattle, doubt many people would care.

I will follow the team, but doubt I'll waste much time watching them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":38olky06 said:

I can't think of Mariners opening day that I had such little excitement for. Situation is a little different because of Japan, but even if it were in Seattle, doubt many people would care.

Cool?

sutz

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2gsm57iw said:

Woke up early enough to see the last 4-5 innings. So I missed the early fireworks.

YK starts tomorrow. Will probably miss that one, too. :229031_shrug:

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":f2w1zf6d said:

You sure seem to post a lot in Mariners threads for a guy that likes to act like he's just too cool to care much about those shitty old Mariners.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":3b3u5g8t said:
Hawk-Lock":3b3u5g8t said:

You sure seem to post a lot in Mariners threads for a guy that likes to act like he's just too cool to care much about those shitty old Mariners.

I have supported the Mariners for many years. Used to go to a ton of games. I'm just losing patience with them. All I was trying to say was that I can't think of the last time there was such little excitement for opening day. Which is completely true. Even when we had bad years, the beginning of the season was exciting. Maybe they surprise this year, they seem to do best when they have the least expectations.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I think theres a lot to be excited for and interested in. But it wont be wins-losses.

If fans are ok with that, they may enjoy the season

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2m9wik1s said:
Chapow":2m9wik1s said:
Hawk-Lock":2m9wik1s said:

I have supported the Mariners for many years. Used to go to a ton of games. I'm just losing patience with them. All I was trying to say was that I can't think of the last time there was such little excitement for opening day. Which is completely true. Even when we had bad years, the beginning of the season was exciting. Maybe they surprise this year, they seem to do best when they have the least expectations.

IMO, the lack of excitement for opening day was due to the circumstances surrounding the game. It's kind of hard to get fired up about a game that starts at 2:30 in the morning on a random Wednesday on a different continent when the rest of MLB is still in the midst of spring training. Even though I know it's not, it just feels like it's an exhibition game or something. I'd be willing to bet the home opener will be much different.

Chapow

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ba1scnb said:
I think theres a lot to be excited for and interested in. But it wont be wins-losses.

If fans are ok with that, they may enjoy the season

I completely agree and I'm stoked for the season. In fairness though, I'm always stoked for the season regardless of whether the team is expected to be good or not.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":325tib4b said:
Hawk-Lock":325tib4b said:
Chapow":325tib4b said:
Hawk-Lock":325tib4b said:

IMO, the lack of excitement for opening day was due to the circumstances surrounding the game. It's kind of hard to get fired up about a game that starts at 2:30 in the morning on a random Wednesday on a different continent when the rest of MLB is still in the midst of spring training. Even though I know it's not, it just feels like it's an exhibition game or something. I'd be willing to bet the home opener will be much different.

I tend to agree with this. While this may be a huge opener in Japan, kind of feels like an exhibition for us.