XFL

hawks85

Reaction score
WWE XFL is coming to Seattle. I'm 50/50 on it. I don't know how the fans here are going react to this when the season kicks off in Feb. 2020 at C-Link. Coach Carroll is fired up about this.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawks85":2kzvnivs said:
WWE XFL is coming to Seattle. I'm 50/50 on it. I don't know how the fans here are going react to this when the season kicks off in Feb. 2020 at C-Link. Coach Carroll is fired up about this.

First things first - will it be capitalized enough to survive beyond a season or two. Everything about my interest flows from there.

knownone

Reaction score
mrt144":2xbheuqb said:
hawks85":2xbheuqb said:

First things first - will it be capitalized enough to survive beyond a season or two. Everything about my interest flows from there.
They have their own streaming platform, and it's an offshoot of an already profitable business. So they can at least in theory bleed longer than a startup like the AAF. We'll see though, I don't see a sustainable enough market for these leagues to be successful.

DJrmb

Reaction score
So, Seattle Dragons is what they landed on huh? Ok... I guess it's not terrible, but definitely far from great.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
It may have a niche here due to the lack of winter sport teams but possibly only until the NHL comes.

I also wonder if the Clink is too big for it? Could be cavernous depending on the interest level or require a severe amount of tarps. It's one thing to sit in the freezing cold of winter for hawks games where the standard is the best of the best.

Another for what would be lower division football in an empty stadium.

I don't get the Dragons name, whats that got to do with Seattle?

Chawker

Reaction score
Dragons! Dragons!.... Wait,... D rag ons? I'm not so sure about that name, seem like it has some room for criticism. Or Drag ons. :rumble:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. Another local team to pull for. Bring it on, now to see what the prices are gonna' be.

knownone

Reaction score
Can we trade names with St. Louis? I'd much rather be the Seattle Battle Hawks... because it sounds ridiculous.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
knownone":10q0jngo said:
Can we trade names with St. Louis? I'd much rather be the Seattle Battle Hawks... because it sounds ridiculous.

Battle hawks or battle ox?

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2nm8tyft said:
I don't get the Dragons name, whats that got to do with Seattle?

It's all the people "chasing the dragon" downtown!

chris98251

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":19cnd3vp said:
knownone":19cnd3vp said:

Battle hawks or battle ox?

Battle Axe

Ruminator

Reaction score
https://www.xfl.com/teams/seattle

Of the eight teams, I think Seattle won the best-looking logo contest.

The name Dragons took some getting used to, though. Sonics, Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners are relatively unique and totally Seattle. Dragons, on the other hand, could just as easily have been used by any of the other seven teams. But if we pull off a sweet looking uniform design, I think I can tolerate it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ruminator":277fx6wc said:

The name Dragons took some getting used to, though. Sonics, Seahawks, Sounders, and Mariners are relatively unique and totally Seattle. Dragons, on the other hand, could just as easily have been used by any of the other seven teams. But if we pull off a sweet looking uniform design, I think I can tolerate it.

Colors are Seahawks and Sonics colors.

Seattle sonics logo

5d5d7892384e0image

BdOPfDT

Ruminator

Reaction score
chris98251":vu8sicpd said:
Ruminator":vu8sicpd said:

Yep, the new Seattle Dragons logo instantly reminded of that Sonics logo, which I've always liked, so :2thumbs:

To a lesser extent, was also reminded of the now-defunct World League / NFL Europe team Barcelona Dragons. (The logo looks SO SIMILAR! No, not because of the logo.)

F5aecd092db5a2e6361c121bbeb1c7cc

dopeboy206

Reaction score
chris98251":102btsfp said:
Ruminator":102btsfp said:

Seattle sonics logo

5d5d7892384e0image

BdOPfDT
it's actually orange and not red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk