Uncle Si

Reaction score
Probably being kind on United fans there

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
What was Maulbert thinking bringing on a meme that early?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Can we laugh at Arsenal too, while we're at it?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I was wondering about Gatehawk yesterday. Possibly on his way to DC to follow Ozil?

One of the major things that United and Arsenal have in common is that they are owned by people whose track records in ownership are bang average at best. No track record of good decision making. Long may it continue.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Fullbacks have been our major weakness for a couple of years now. I'm amazed that they haven't sorted it yet. Apparently Sessegnon's coming but he looks like he has a lot of work to do yet to make you feel comfortable about the position, and right back is a bigger need anyway. It's great to see a commitment to strengthening the midfield. I'm pretty excited about that. As far as other positions of need go, it looks like we'll be using academy lad Troy Parrott as a backup striker. He apparently looks decent but is only 17. A new keeper would be nice too. Lloris is a fantastic shot stopper but his command of the area and ball skills are subpar. Gazzaniga sucks but as he fulfils what appears to be the trait that Pochettino looks for first and foremost (being an Argie), he's unlikely to be usurped.

And yep, I think city will probably win but your lot will make sure they have to earn it. We'll probably finish 3rd and Lampard will hopefully win their first 6 games, sign a billion pound contract then suck the rest of the season and get Chelsea relegated.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I wonder if Spuds window is a sign of Erickson leaving. Would be a blow. They're an interesting squad. 3rd place, CL runners up, but lost 20 games on the year (all comps). Something missing there.

I love this Liverpool squad, but think they needed one more piece to be considered co-favorites.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Eriksen has made it pretty clear that he would like to leave, but in keeping with the theme of this thread, not to Manchester United.

I would definitely rather have Eriksen than Lo Celso but if he finds a club he would rather play for who will have him, so be it. Hopefully he stays and we get at least a season with both.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Finished a good window for them. Think Eriksen survives the winter window? Where's his contract at?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Eriksen's done at the end of this season. I'd say there's a 75% chance he's gone in the next couple of weeks with the only mitigating factor being that now the English clubs are out of the equation there's really only Barcelona and Real Madrid, and possibly Juve in play as better clubs to go to. PSG too I guess, but surely by now going to PSG is only one step removed from going to China in terms of money grabbing.

Apparently Atletico are keen but the ideal scenario must be to give him more money for an extra year or two to hopefully get a fee next summer if he still wants to leave.

Despite not doing much about our biggest concern (right back) aside from getting rid of Aurier and Trippier, the depth at midfield, as things stand, is now outstanding. Hopefully Kyle Walker-Peters steps up at RB, as I like the fact that Foyth and Sanchez should be ready to step in as ready made replacements for Vertongen and Alderweireld when the time comes and I fear that Foyth may he railroaded into playing more right back.

Hopefully Alderweireld sticks around too. That is certainly not a given.

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Totally forgot that this was only the English window

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":244iry81 said:
It's ridiculous. Such a stupid idea.

I like ending the window before the season starts. But push the season start closer to the other leagues. CL final was 2 months ago