A-Rod talks Edgar

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
acer1240":q4l7vu9e said:

I cannot stand A-rod, but that was real good article.

I encourage all to read it. Edgar never gave away at bats. A very smart and professional hitter that studied opposing pitchers And what they threw and in what counts. He wasn’t a “guess hitter” like a majority of today’s MLB hitters.

Outside of Mike Trout, I’ve never seen a hitter work a count as well as Edgar. He’ll be down 0-2 and you wouldn’t be worried, you felt like he was luring the pitcher into false sense of security.

His career BA, OB%, and OPS are off the charts. Especially for a SLOW, right handed hitter.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice write-up. If he'd had faster legs, Gar could have had quite a few more triples. Power will get you doubles, but you need speed to get triples. It's about time the writers woke up and acknowledged that DH is a real position and voted Edgar in.

:irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":193glc9j said:
Nice write-up. If he'd had faster legs, Gar could have had quite a few more triples. Power will get you doubles, but you need speed to get triples. It's about time the writers woke up and acknowledged that DH is a real position and voted Edgar in.

:irishdrinkers:
If he played for a major media market team he would have been in 5 years sooner.
Same problem that Kenny Easley had getting into the pro football HOF.