Seattle NHL names Ron Francis GM

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ff53qft said:
With my limited NHL acknowledge, I think this is a great hire. A name that most will recognize; A former HOF player that won 2 Stanley cups, and has success as a GM. Got pumped listening to his press conference. I cannot wait until this team hits the ice.

Yeah it will be great once they start Kraken the Whip !!!

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":14deqnqx said:
Sports Hernia":14deqnqx said:

Heard that name was already out of the running.
Got a feeling it’s going to be Totems, Sockeye, or Metropolitans.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23mzp991 said:
chris98251":23mzp991 said:
Sports Hernia":23mzp991 said:

They revealed salmon pink as a team color, I think. I expect it's Sockeye.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":15uqvrp0 said:
Sports Hernia":15uqvrp0 said:
chris98251":15uqvrp0 said:
Sports Hernia":15uqvrp0 said:

They revealed salmon pink as a team color, I think. I expect it's Sockeye.
Not sure they have. It’s the color of their website along with a light teal color.
They’ve also used red and black for the Seatttle NHL logo. I think they like to keep us guessing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm no hockey expert, but from listening to NHL guys being interviewed on the radio they had nothing but good things to say about Francis.

They said he was one of the most respected players when he played, that he played hockey the right way.......and he was one of the first GM's to really use metrics in hockey, which helped the Hurricanes become a competitive club, even though they were a small market low revenue/budget club.

So you know with the Bonderman ownership group being a Paul Allen type ownership group giving Francis all the resources and budget he needs? Should be a really good marriage.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":z8928q16 said:
I'm no hockey expert, but from listening to NHL guys being interviewed on the radio they had nothing but good things to say about Francis.

They said he was one of the most respected players when he played, that he played hockey the right way.......and he was one of the first GM's to really use metrics in hockey, which helped the Hurricanes become a competitive club, even though they were a small market low revenue/budget club.

So you know with the Bonderman ownership group being a Paul Allen type ownership group giving Francis all the resources and budget he needs? Should be a really good marriage.

Exactly.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ShyCheetah":1ir86hm0 said:
This is my favorite hockey forum site. This is the Seattle page. There is thread about possible GMs whos title has been recently changed to reflect the official hiring. Interesting reading the older posts. Reaction to the hiring has been very positive, especially Carolina fans who had him as GM for 4 years.

Shy

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/seattle.275/
Already there. :2thumbs:

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":13xvmu60 said:
ShyCheetah":13xvmu60 said:
This is my favorite hockey forum site. This is the Seattle page. There is thread about possible GMs whos title has been recently changed to reflect the official hiring. Interesting reading the older posts. Reaction to the hiring has been very positive, especially Carolina fans who had him as GM for 4 years.

Shy

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/seattle.275/
Already there. :2thumbs:

Bro, you joined this site the day before i did! I love hockeys future.

Shy