Astros stealing signs

Largent80

Reaction score
Hahaha, pound on a trash can....Ridiculous. The Astros are a great team that doesn't need to do this.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MLB gonna hammer them. Got no choice. They have to make it hurt bad as a deterrent cuz they'll never be able to stop it since they really can't corral the technology without shutting down every camera in the building. Even then, "fans" in the stands, etc.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":tkkxndep said:
DomeHawk":tkkxndep said:
Astros = Cheatriots
Looks like it. Sad thing is they were so good they didn’t have to.
I disagree.
If they were so good they wouldn't need to cheat but by cheating it
made them great.I bet if they didn't cheat they do not win that WS
or even go this year..Once the cheating surfaced they couldn't
win this year in the WS?Interesting..We will see just how good
they do next year playing by the rules.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wonder if mlb will have the balls to strip them of their titles...unlike the nfl and the cheatriots scandals?

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
The only thing that makes me doubt it is that it took 2 years for this to come out. However, with so many corroborating the story it’s almost certainly true.

Crizilla

Reaction score
DomeHawk":p7azs06t said:
Astros = Cheatriots

I agree using technology to steal plays or signs is cheating

However, seeing Seahawk fans still say "Cheatriots" is pretty cringe. They've proven they're legit and didn't even need to steal signs. It's a tough pill to swallow but NE is the best run franchise currently.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Crizilla":3isadpbb said:
DomeHawk":3isadpbb said:
Astros = Cheatriots

However, seeing Seahawk fans still say "Cheatriots" is pretty cringe. They've proven they're legit and didn't even need to steal signs. It's a tough pill to swallow but NE is the best run franchise currently.

They still cheated. Doesn't make them any less a dynasty. It's just a part of it.

Same with these Astros. Excellent team. Cheats a bit too.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":30yqa1w9 said:
Crizilla":30yqa1w9 said:
DomeHawk":30yqa1w9 said:
Astros = Cheatriots

They still cheated. Doesn't make them any less a dynasty. It's just a part of it.

Same with these Astros. Excellent team. Cheats a bit too.
Cheating a bit in baseball can make a huge difference in wins/stats.
It taints everything you did..ARoid/Big Mac and Barry that little bit
went a long ways.I have no respect for cheaters of any kind.

chris98251

Reaction score
Baseball has been stealing signs forever, you always are trying to figure out the 3rd base coach and if he is sending a guy, or when you have someone on second peeking at the Catcher to try and tip the guy batting on what's coming.

We just have better technology now, you don't need a man on base to get a catchers signs and you can match signals with events to get a 3rd base coach's signs to runner and batters for hit and runs and bunts etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":17vqdei2 said:
Baseball has been stealing signs forever, you always are trying to figure out the 3rd base coach and if he is sending a guy, or when you have someone on second peeking at the Catcher to try and tip the guy batting on what's coming.

We just have better technology now, you don't need a man on base to get a catchers signs and you can match signals with events to get a 3rd base coach's signs to runner and batters for hit and runs and bunts etc.

Stealing signs is the game within the game when you do it “naturally”.
All teams do it, even at the high school level. Also Pitchers “tip” their pitches a lot more than people realize. A lot of pitchers will position their glove higher or lower depending on what pitch they are about to throw.

But stealing signs via “live technology” is cheating.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":23zcy24f said:
chris98251":23zcy24f said:

Stealing signs is the game within the game when you do it “naturally”.
All teams do it, even at the high school level. Also Pitchers “tip” their pitches a lot more than people realize. A lot of pitchers will position their glove higher or lower depending on what pitch they are about to throw.

But stealing signs via “live technology” is cheating.

Belichek set the new standard and never got punished so it's ok.

D

DomeHawk

Crizilla":2qvhlu06 said:
DomeHawk":2qvhlu06 said:
Astros = Cheatriots

Best run EVER.

Largent80

Reaction score
Before I had my first drum set at age six I pounded on metal TV trays. I cheated?....Stupid ridiculous implications.

acer1240

Reaction score
Largent80":13beqmla said:
Before I had my first drum set at age six I pounded on metal TV trays. I cheated?....Stupid ridiculous implications.

There seems to be a lot of evidence on this Rob.

I assume you're an Astros fan?