Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:41 pm
  • With camp well underway and the first competitive game less than 3 weeks away, it's time to start an official thread for the new season. We'll begin with some significant news, Seattle have signed a third DP, Brazilian midfielder Joao Paulo.

    https://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders ... e-sounders
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:07 pm
  • First competitive match of the year is tonight. Lodiero and Svensson are out, Shipp is questionable, everyone else is ready to go, including new signee Miguel Ibara.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 pm
  • Here's tonight's starting lineup.

    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am
  • Worst part of the MLS schedule, having to play fully fit clubs in the Champions League without having even one MLS match under our belt to get a little fitness in.

    I'll take two away goals though, even though we had a 2-0 lead (should have been 3-0 if Morris was selfish).
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17483
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:57 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Miguel Ibarra training with Seattle.

    https://www.sounderatheart.com/2020/2/1 ... e-sounders

    Si, you're the resident Loon around here, can you give us any insight?


    Ibarra is a nice little creative player, but just hasn't settled anywhere.

    Was the best player on the team before they moved to mls.. then got a,move to Mexico that didn't pan out.

    He will be good cover for your midfield.

    Re MNU: they've revamped their roster again and are expected to challenge for top 3 in the West. Very exciting attacking players to balance the defenders added last year.

    I'll be their opening day. Excited for the season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:17 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Re MNU: they've revamped their roster again and are expected to challenge for top 3 in the West. Very exciting attacking players to balance the defenders added last year.

    I'll be their opening day. Excited for the season.


    As long as Ozzie's there, I will also be a fan of MNU. My favorite Sounder of all time.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17483
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Worst part of the MLS schedule, having to play fully fit clubs in the Champions League without having even one MLS match under our belt to get a little fitness in.

    I'll take two away goals though, even though we had a 2-0 lead (should have been 3-0 if Morris was selfish).

    Olimpia's goal scorer shouldn't have even been on the pitch. He should have been shown a straight red for his jumping kick into Frei's ribs, but CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF I guess.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:05 pm
  • Lodiero's tendinitis issue will keep him out of the season opener tomorrow.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:48 pm
  • Ibarra currently leads the league in missed shots by a comfortable margin.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:24 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Ibarra currently leads the league in missed shots by a comfortable margin.


    Terrible, just terrible. Not hard to see why MUFC let him go..........he was also a non factor in the Olimipia match.

    Luckily the MLS is a league where one great player can make all the difference, so let's hope Lodeiro's tendinitis heals up and he can get back on the pitch. I'm very anxious to see how he and Joao Paulo work together.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17483
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:52 pm
  • Speaking of MUFC...


    Put the timbers to it the other night. Controlled large portions of thst match, then became opportunistic when it mattered.

    Good start.

    Ibarra is an ok player. He will have the odd excellent display and you'll get very hopeful, then he will move around for 90 minutes and do little but take others touches and space.

    Never your worst player on the field, rarely your best.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:14 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Speaking of MUFC...


    Put the timbers to it the other night. Controlled large portions of thst match, then became opportunistic when it mattered.

    Good start.

    Ibarra is an ok player. He will have the odd excellent display and you'll get very hopeful, then he will move around for 90 minutes and do little but take others touches and space.

    Never your worst player on the field, rarely your best.


    So he should fit right in. This seemed to be the Sounders overall game plan for all the players for the first 60 minutes on Sunday.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter
     
    Posts: 2600
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:38 pm


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:29 am
  • JustTheTip wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Speaking of MUFC...


    Put the timbers to it the other night. Controlled large portions of thst match, then became opportunistic when it mattered.

    Good start.

    Ibarra is an ok player. He will have the odd excellent display and you'll get very hopeful, then he will move around for 90 minutes and do little but take others touches and space.

    Never your worst player on the field, rarely your best.


    So he should fit right in. This seemed to be the Sounders overall game plan for all the players for the first 60 minutes on Sunday.


    This problem is not unique to the Sounders, most MLS clubs have a very hard time fielding dangerous lineups with backups, as was the case Sunday with no Morris or Lodeiro. Ibarra and Leyva is quite a big drop in quality.

    It's why the game completely changed when Morris came on in the 2nd half.

    Since we're out of the Champions League, shouldn't be an issue anymore going forward, no more two matches in four days.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 17483
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:24 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Speaking of MUFC...


    Put the timbers to it the other night. Controlled large portions of thst match, then became opportunistic when it mattered.

    Good start.

    Ibarra is an ok player. He will have the odd excellent display and you'll get very hopeful, then he will move around for 90 minutes and do little but take others touches and space.

    Never your worst player on the field, rarely your best
    .


    Sounds very much like Christian Roldan
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7788
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:59 am

Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:00 am
  • This tournament is a waste of time. Like watching preseason and I think the Sounders are treating it as such, they look rusty and struggling in the heat. Sucks that it counts against regular season.

    Sounders are typically slow starters at the best of times but they look like they lack squad depth this year. Arreaga is...not good. An absolute liability. They miss the likes of Smith, Shipp, Torres, Kim and Rodriguez. Joao Paulo will help with Rodriguez but there are still holes.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1394
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:34 pm
  • Glasgow Seahawk wrote:This tournament is a waste of time. Like watching preseason and I think the Sounders are treating it as such, they look rusty and struggling in the heat. Sucks that it counts against regular season.

    Sounders are typically slow starters at the best of times but they look like they lack squad depth this year. Arreaga is...not good. An absolute liability. They miss the likes of Smith, Shipp, Torres, Kim and Rodriguez. Joao Paulo will help with Rodriguez but there are still holes.


    The Sounders have no excuses for their poor showing in the tournament thus far. The Timbers are winning their group and they have arguably better teams in their group compared to the Sounders group. Shame the Sounders continue to blow early tournaments. They played horrible in the Champions league tournament too.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7788
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am
  • Last night was more like the Sounders we love and know. Through to the next round.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1394
    Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 am
  • Vancouver beat Chicago this morning, meaning Seattle finish 2nd in the group and will face either Portland or LAFC in the Round of 16.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:29 am
  • Just saw some clips of RWB at Tacoma.

    Bit young but getting minutes. Youth team destroyed european competitions and considered one of the best teams of the decade in youth competitions.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/reed-ba ... ler/793957
    Greenj87
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:35 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:37 am
  • Nice performance last night in Portland. Always good to beat the Timbers.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:54 am
  • Since the 2020 football season(games) began last night, the Sounders wanted to score a touchdown of their own. This team loves to ride the roller coaster. Looked terrible against Portland but world beaters against SJ. Of course SJ decided to leave their defense back home in Northern California.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7788
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:17 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Since the 2020 football season(games) began last night, the Sounders wanted to score a touchdown of their own. This team loves to ride the roller coaster. Looked terrible against Portland but world beaters against SJ. Of course SJ decided to leave their defense back home in Northern California.


    SJ still man marking across the field?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:29 am
  • [code][/code]
    Uncle Si wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Since the 2020 football season(games) began last night, the Sounders wanted to score a touchdown of their own. This team loves to ride the roller coaster. Looked terrible against Portland but world beaters against SJ. Of course SJ decided to leave their defense back home in Northern California.


    SJ still man marking across the field?


    Yup. They were down 4-0 in the first 20 min or so but still didn't make changes. I felt very sorry for their GK (who isn't very good himself but he was left on an island most of the game by his teammates).
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7788
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Sounders 2020 Season Thread
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:42 pm



It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests