Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seattle Mariners 2020 season

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Whose that White guy?

    He’s finally starting to hit.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:57 am
  • Walker is gone..Fix for the pick is on!
    Jerry did say after the season he would love to have him back as
    he will be FA ..I thought he'd bring a little better but we don't know
    who we got till after season.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5503
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:03 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:Walker is gone..Fix for the pick is on!
    Jerry did say after the season he would love to have him back as
    he will be FA ..I thought he'd bring a little better but we don't know
    who we got till after season.

    It's really kind of hard to determine trade values this season.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:39 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:Walker is gone..Fix for the pick is on!
    Jerry did say after the season he would love to have him back as
    he will be FA ..I thought he'd bring a little better but we don't know
    who we got till after season.


    DiPoto is a moron. Why bring back Walker so he can trade him again for peanuts? If I'm Walker I wouldn't want to come back to the Mariners.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter
     
    Posts: 7787
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:23 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Walker is gone..Fix for the pick is on!
    Jerry did say after the season he would love to have him back as
    he will be FA ..I thought he'd bring a little better but we don't know
    who we got till after season.


    DiPoto is a moron. Why bring back Walker so he can trade him again for peanuts? If I'm Walker I wouldn't want to come back to the Mariners.


    You know they're getting one of the Blue Jay's top 30 prospects, right? The Blue Jays are in the playoff hunt, gives him a chance at the postseason.


    But uhhhh, how about that Nola/Altavilla/Adams trade?
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:03 pm
  • So the Mariners have traded....

    Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

    Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

    Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

    Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:56 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:So the Mariners have traded....

    Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

    Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

    Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

    Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL

    Liked ditching voglout even if it was for a used beat up baseball.

    Got a feeling walker will be back next year as a FA.

    Hated losing Nola As he was a solid contributor but he was a late bloomer and is 32 years old.
    Glad they got rid of smiling Dan, who could throw hard but couldn’t locate to save his life.
    It was either a straight meatball with no movement or he couldn’t find the strike zone.

    I don’t know what SD’a GM was thinking. That was a woody Woodward type deal for SD, who misheard the Boston GM at the time, who said he wanted Varitek or Derek Lowe, Woody heard Varitek and Lowe For Slocomb and agreed to it.

    Not too upset about Williams even though I liked him.
    Jerry is trying to sell high and doing a pretty good job of it IMHO.

    Trammell will be a bridge until J-rod comes up in a year plus then they will have 4 good outfielders (Lewis, Kelenic, J-rod, And Trammell) who they can rotate between outfield and DH. I really like Haniger who can’t stay on the field, and you can’t make the club from the tub.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:17 pm
  • Other than the pitcher Munoz who is recovering from TJ (apparently he was throwing 102 before surgery?), Everyone from that trade should get time with the Mariners this season. France and Torrens were hitting well with the Padres this season.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:So the Mariners have traded....

    Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

    Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

    Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

    Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL

    Liked ditching voglout even if it was for a used beat up baseball.

    Got a feeling walker will be back next year as a FA.

    Hated losing Nola As he was a solid contributor but he was a late bloomer and is 32 years old.
    Glad they got rid of smiling Dan, who could throw hard but couldn’t locate to save his life.
    It was either a straight meatball with no movement or he couldn’t find the strike zone.

    I don’t know what SD’a GM was thinking. That was a woody Woodward type deal for SD, who misheard the Boston GM at the time, who said he wanted Varitek or Derek Lowe, Woody heard Varitek and Lowe For Slocomb and agreed to it.

    Not too upset about Williams even though I liked him.
    Jerry is trying to sell high and doing a pretty good job of it IMHO.

    Trammell will be a bridge until J-rod comes up in a year plus then they will have 4 good outfielders (Lewis, Kelenic, J-rod, And Trammell) who they can rotate between outfield and DH. I really like Haniger who can’t stay on the field, and you can’t make the club from the tub.

    Pretty much agree with all of that. Nola was our most tradeable player, so thanks for the memories.

    Always liked Vogie, but somewhere along the line he totally lost the plate. Haniger, if he ever makes it back, will have to fight for his position. Looks like we're building a good young outfield about 4 deep without him. And Altavilla? Again, you gotta love his velocity, but like Vogie he loses the plate far too often. Both of them used up all of their minor league options, so no reason to hang on to them. Kind of surprised we got more than bag of chips and a small beer for them. We have enough young talent now that having them eat up roster space is becoming a waste. They've had more than enough chances here.

    Good game today. Marco went CG with 8K/1BB and gave one HR. K'd Trout 3 times. :mrgreen: Fraley got a couple of hits, too. Nice to see him getting with it.

    No games until Thursday. Kind of sux, but the A's got the covid. Maybe a double Thurs, and another at the end of the season if the A's are in the hunt.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 pm
  • Nola singles his first at bat as a Padre and Tatis triples him home.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:So the Mariners have traded....

    Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

    Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

    Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

    Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL


    Pretty solid return from the Padres.

    Trammell, by all accounts, is a top 5 prospect (atleast in the Ms farm).
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:00 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:So the Mariners have traded....

    Vogelbach to the Jays for 20 bucks or whatever.

    Walker to the Jays for a PTBNL (top 30 Blue Jays prospect)

    Nola/Adams/Altavilla to the Padres for Taylor Trammell/Ty France/Andres Munoz/Luis Torrens (great trade)

    Taylor Williams to the Padres for a PTBNL


    Pretty solid return from the Padres.

    Trammell, by all accounts, is a top 5 prospect (atleast in the Ms farm).

    Yeah, they are going to have 4 stud outfielders like I said up thread. It’s going to be a nice problem to have.
    With the DH you can keep them fresh by giving one a day off in the field, and rotate daily. Also helps if you have a guy that’s banged up, but can still hit.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:00 am
  • I'm pumped for what they're doing. Finally seem to be doing it the right way.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 4423
    Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:35 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:I'm pumped for what they're doing. Finally seem to be doing it the right way.

    So am I..
    Jerry,has done a better job than the last how many GM's?
    He's building a young strong team.
    I hated losing Nola though..I think he is only going to get
    better but JD knows more than us..
    Go M's!(it's been awhile) :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5503
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pm
  • Yeah Nola was a favorite of mine. But hard to say no when the Padres kept upping the ante on that deal. We got 2 major league players that are hitting 273 and 309 this year and are young and cheap for the next couple years before entering arbitration, and Trammell who might come up this year.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:59 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Yeah Nola was a favorite of mine. But hard to say no when the Padres kept upping the ante on that deal. We got 2 major league players that are hitting 273 and 309 this year and are young and cheap for the next couple years before entering arbitration, and Trammell who might come up this year.

    Marco was in tears over moving Nola. Guess they trained together during the shutdown. Got real close. Nola was our best trade bait. Like you say, hard to turn down that deal. I think we made out like bandits.

    Nice to see they're still building the farm system, too. Would be nice to see them build for the future for a change. The constant recycling of old "star" FAs gets old pretty quick.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 pm
  • Mariners are building a solid foundation. This is 1st time i can say this in idk how long.

    At same time this young Mariners team is 9 and 3 in last 12. They sit 6 back of a struggling houston team. Jerry looked like he was calling it a season but the youngsters aren't yet.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:33 am
  • Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

    The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:25 am
  • sutz wrote:Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

    The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.

    Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
    2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

    This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:42 pm
  • This team will be in the playoffs within 2 years. They are very, very good and young. I actually think if this was a longer season, the mariners would end over. 500.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:21 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners are building a solid foundation. This is 1st time i can say this in idk how long.

    At same time this young Mariners team is 9 and 3 in last 12. They sit 6 back of a struggling houston team. Jerry looked like he was calling it a season but the youngsters aren't yet.

    All these young players simply aren't experienced enough to know that they should be losing most of the time. Give them a couple more years in Seattle and they'll come around to The Mariner Way.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10590
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:15 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

    The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.

    Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
    2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

    This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.

    This feels so much better than the old way of trading away all of our young talent for old guys whose major purpose is to put butts in the seats rather than wins on the board.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:56 pm
  • Mariners win again. Houston chokes a double header and loses both. Mariners just 4 back with 21 left. Plus 25th year anniversary of 1995 season. Its a wrap. Playoffs here we come!!!



    I kid.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:48 am
  • sutz wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

    The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.

    Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
    2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

    This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.

    This feels so much better than the old way of trading away all of our young talent for old guys whose major purpose is to put butts in the seats rather than wins on the board.


    Does seem more and more as if an actual plan is in effect.

    Originally they said theyd go for free agent stars with 1-2 years left on their deals to mix wirh the youth. Wonder if that's the plan and when they start targeting them.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:40 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    sutz wrote:Jerry is just being realistic. But it is weird how this is turning into a really interesting season. :mrgreen:

    The amount of young talent on this team is impressive.

    Starting pitching as a whole has been better than expected. Jerry is acquiring talent the way JS collects draft picks.
    2 of the best prospects in baseball are knocking at the door as well in Kelenic and J-rod (down the road a bit) plus others like Raleigh, Kirby, Gilbert, Marte etc etc and that’s not including the goodies they got in the SD trade.

    This is going to be a very good young team for years to come if they can avoid injury’s and if the young studs pan out, which they should.

    This feels so much better than the old way of trading away all of our young talent for old guys whose major purpose is to put butts in the seats rather than wins on the board.


    Does seem more and more as if an actual plan is in effect.

    Originally they said theyd go for free agent stars with 1-2 years left on their deals to mix wirh the youth. Wonder if that's the plan and when they start targeting them.

    That works for me, but the base plan has to depend on the young talent. But a bit early to worry about that. Maybe in the second half of next season or '22. Hopefully, I'll live long enough to see them in the playoffs.

    :les:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:46 pm
  • Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:02 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.

    Not Houston, the Texans and one game left in series tomorrow. ;)
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:34 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.

    Not Houston, the Texans and one game left in series tomorrow. ;)



    Wait what? Im confused now. Lol
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:03 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.

    Am I wrong for wanting highest pick possible?
    I love the scrap in this team but it's not their
    time yet.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5503
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:13 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners win again. Houston gets swept by angels. The mariners have gained 4 games in 4 games. They are now 3 back with 20 left.

    Am I wrong for wanting highest pick possible?
    I love the scrap in this team but it's not their
    time yet.


    Not at all.. its a strange place to be in. You want good performances from the young players, but not too good.

    To that..

    Sheffield has slowly started to put together a thing of solid outings.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:28 am
  • I don't know that it is "wrong" to want the highest pick possible. I do know that it is wrong to ask players to play at anything less than their full potential. As a fan, I follow that metric. YMMV. I can't root for them to lose.

    The draft is the draft and it will fall where it falls. These young guys need to know how to play and win at the highest level in their sport. If the manager, coaches, and front office appear like they are not out to win every game, the rot spreads to the whole team.

    They are out there now, winning games and apparently having the times of their lives, living a dream they've had since they were children. I'm loving it.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:00 am
  • I don’t blame anyone for wanting higher draft picks, but that player making it to the MLB level if they do, is 3 seasons away.
    Would rather have the young guys get experience and have success in doing so.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm
  • I think higher draft picks over a chance of a super young team making playoffs for 1 game even is silly to me. And i know im silly to them. Top picks dont always pan out but a playoff push helps youngsters next time it happens.

    They may end up 6 out. Or maybe they make the playoffs and win a 1 game playoff and win some games.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:15 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I don’t blame anyone for wanting higher draft picks, but that player making it to the MLB level if they do, is 3 seasons away.
    Would rather have the young guys get experience and have success in doing so.




    This. Plus players learn pressure of playoff push
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:28 pm
  • Only in 2020 can we debate "are the Mariners winning TOO much?"
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:35 pm
  • I think Dylan Moore might be a keeper. 2 hits including a homer, and bases loaded double, 4 rbi.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:39 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Only in 2020 can we debate "are the Mariners winning TOO much?"

    If they could only play the Rangers every game they’d be World Series champs. :2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:36 pm
  • 2.5 back. Go Oakland. I hope oakland sweeps houston.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:04 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Only in 2020 can we debate "are the Mariners winning TOO much?"

    /thread win

    :mrgreen:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:02 pm
  • Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:42 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.


    Can you break down the standings and playoff structure quick?

    I can't get it figured out.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:54 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.


    Can you break down the standings and playoff structure quick?

    I can't get it figured out.


    Top 2 teams in each division make it. The next 2 best records make it. So Seattle can make it by passing Houston, or the New York/Cleveland who currently hold the wild cards.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2520
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:35 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.


    Can you break down the standings and playoff structure quick?

    I can't get it figured out.


    Top 2 teams in each division make it. The next 2 best records make it. So Seattle can make it by passing Houston, or the New York/Cleveland who currently hold the wild cards.




    This.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.


    Can you break down the standings and playoff structure quick?

    I can't get it figured out.


    Top 2 teams in each division make it. The next 2 best records make it. So Seattle can make it by passing Houston, or the New York/Cleveland who currently hold the wild cards.


    8 teams?

    Thanks
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:44 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Houston loses again. NYY lose again. Mariners are 2 back with 19 left.


    Can you break down the standings and playoff structure quick?

    I can't get it figured out.


    Top 2 teams in each division make it. The next 2 best records make it. So Seattle can make it by passing Houston, or the New York/Cleveland who currently hold the wild cards.


    8 teams?


    Yes 8 teams for this yr. Dang ppl are noticing seattle and mentioning them pushing for WC spot.
    Thanks
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:42 am
  • Welp the mariners are crapping the bed. I guess fortunately for mariners so have houston. We sit 2.5 back of em with 16 to go.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:33 pm
  • They're back!
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19431
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:00 pm
  • Mariners 1.5 back of Houston.

    Mariners next 7 games can end them truthfully. Oakland twice tomorrow on double header. Then padres and SF.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:42 pm
  • Mariners down 5 to 0 vs best pitching staff and won 6 to 5 in game 1 of a thriller. 1 back now.


    Game 2 soon
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3307
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:08 pm


Re: Seattle Mariners 2020 season
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:52 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Mariners down 5 to 0 vs best pitching staff and won 6 to 5 in game 1 of a thriller. 1 back now.


    Game 2 soon

    Yeah, after a shaky start Marco hung in there like a trooper and ended up with the win. That's what good-to-great pitchers do.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 20152
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:25 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests