NHL Playoffs

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It's surreal to watch, the game played in an empty arena.

They should mic up a couple of loudmouth players. The audio is pretty dry otherwise.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I dont understand the format. I see playoff series and round Robin. 6 teams are eliminated already.

Anyone have a link?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I turned the Capitals/Lightning game on for a bit but as usual it's hard for me to care about a game when I don't know/care about either team. I'll get on board when the Kraken start playing. But I'd really like to learn the league...just haven't paid attention to Hockey since I was a teenager.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":4t6eb9b4 said:
I dont understand the format. I see playoff series and round Robin. 6 teams are eliminated already.

Anyone have a link?

I'm lazy to find a link :) but here it is in a nutshell. 12 team got in from each conference (8 more teams than a normal playoff)

Here's how it plays out in each conference to start:

Top 4 teams based on when the season stopped are into the next round, but they play each other in a round robin to determine seeding from 1-4. The remaining teams in the conference (5-12) pair off and play a best of 5 series. After those 2 rounds are over you end up with 8 teams left in each conference who then pair off based on seeding and go from there.

A lot of people watching due to being starved for live sports, but also a lot of people not giving up their summer outdoor activities like camping and golf to sit and watch hockey. Our summers up here are too short!

Next round could get interesting for ratings in Canada. The biggest draw here (Toronto) along with 2 big stars (McDavid and Crosby) facing elimination. If they all get knocked out round 1....

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
bump. Canucks are off to rd2. Only cdn team left. I'm sure all you Butt krak fans have been watching intensely.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I know all you hockey fans just watch the nuks get eliminated. A bunch of non hockey market teams left so who cares from this point on. I know all of you nhl fans haven't missed a minute.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Nothing like Dallas vs Tampa Bay in some summer hockey.

Think Dallas pulls this one out in 6.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1b20uvsv said:

yep 2 storied franchises battling out...barf. shitty ratings in Canada I'm sure but Bettman probably likes seeing 2 non hockey markets battle it out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3vfrp6a6 said:
SonicHawk":3vfrp6a6 said:

yep 2 storied franchises battling out...barf. $h!t ratings in Canada I'm sure but Bettman probably likes seeing 2 non hockey markets battle it out.

Both these teams have won a Stanley cup to be fair.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Watched almost every game and while I don’t particularly like either team in the finals it has been entertaining. If you’re not watching because the teams aren’t OG Canadian teams then you are missing some really good hockey.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":614r5xha said:
Watched almost every game and while I don’t particularly like either team in the finals it has been entertaining. If you’re not watching because the teams aren’t OG Canadian teams then you are missing some really good hockey.

If you didn’t watch because the teams weren’t Canadian you’d never get to watch the finals.

Latest posts