USMNT is back.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Berhalter has named his squad for the upcoming friendlies this month, the first time the USMNT has been in action since a 1-0 win over Costa Rica back in February. Interestingly, there isn't a single MLS player in the squad, probably to avoid disrupting club team rosters during the MLS playoffs. They are going young, as well, with the average age being just 21 years, 300 days.

Goalkeepers: Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/Belgium), Chituru Odunze (Leicester City/England), Zack Steffen (Manchester City/England)
Defenders: John Brooks (Wolfsburg/Germany), Reggie Cannon (Boavista/Portugal), Sergino Dest (Barcelona/Spain), Matt Miazga (Anderlecht/Belgium), Tim Ream (Fulham/England), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/Germany), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/England)
Midfielders: Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig/Germany), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/Brazil), Richard Ledezma (PSV Eindhoven/Netherlands), Weston McKennie (Juventus/Italy), Yunus Musah (Valencia/Spain), Owen Otasowie (Wolverhampton/England)
Forwards: Konrad de la Fuente (Barcelona/Spain), Nicholas Gioacchini (Caen/France), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea/England), Uly Llanez (Heervenveen/Netherlands), Gio Reyna(Borussia Dortmund/Germany), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen/Germany), Sebastian Soto (Telstar/Netherlands), Tim Weah (Lille/France)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No trying to piss on your thread... as usually i would be ecstatic to see this group together.

But, international soccer (including CL and Europa) needs to step back and realize the negative impact it is having on the domestic leagues.

that said.. would be cool to put the European teams next to the players so people can see where Americans are playing now... including world powers City, Barca, Chelsea, Juventus, Dortmund, Bayern Munich

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":16wikou9 said:
that said.. would be cool to put the European teams next to the players so people can see where Americans are playing now... including world powers City, Barca, Chelsea, Juventus, Dortmund, Bayern Munich
The first post has been updated accordingly. I also believe this is the first time ever that the USMNT has called in players from each of the "Big 5" European leagues to the same camp.

The breakdown by country: Belgium 2, Brazil 1, England 6, France 2, Germany 5, Italy 1, Netherlands 3, Portugal 1, Spain 3.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Saw today that Josh Sargent will not be in camp, Werder Bremen has decided not to release him because of Covid-19 protocols.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ess7a0f said:
Saw today that Josh Sargent will not be in camp, Werder Bremen has decided not to release him because of Covid-19 protocols.

Im surprised any of the clubs are... but i imagine the bigger nations have more pull than the US.

Bummer, because Sargent is a major component to the new look USMNT. Good window for Weah though

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1l2s9imt said:
SeatownJay":1l2s9imt said:

Im surprised any of the clubs are... but i imagine the bigger nations have more pull than the US.

Bummer, because Sargent is a major component to the new look USMNT. Good window for Weah though
Apparently Werder have refused to release any of their international players.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1we4dco6 said:
Uncle Si":1we4dco6 said:
SeatownJay":1we4dco6 said:

Apparently Werder have refused to release any of their international players.

Wish other clubs would do that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2hilrtzt said:
I gotta say, I liked what I saw yesterday from the kids.

Was alright against a decent Wales squad. Assured out of tight spaces, comfortable in possession.
Nothing in the way of an attack, but that's more about who wasnt there. This is the product you'd expect with a bunch of players trained in the best clubs in the world.

I will reiterate how dumb this whole event is though... several injuries to key club team players, including a season long injury to a key player in Liverpool's defense. Several other covid positive tests. Another 180-360 minutes on already tired legs

Threedee

Reaction score
People have been telling me for years that US players need to play overseas to become good enough to compete on the international stage. This roster seems to conform to that convention.