Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonzaga BB 2020/21 season

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Gonzaga BB 2020/21 season
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 am
  • Chet holmgren to the Zags! Suggs is going to the draft. Thats a near certainty. Zags will be really young but also really talented next year.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:38 pm
  • Holmgren, Timme, Gregg, Watson, Strawther, Nembhardt, Sallis & Harris is a nice 8 man rotation.

One thing I get annoyed with Few is he gets down to about a 6 1/2 player rotation by the tournament. Seems like having a more versatile rotation.helps to manage matchups and handle fouls issues.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:20 pm

• Adam Morrison's first podcast is with Corey Kispert --- and it's fantastic.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:37 pm
  • Thanks for sharing!
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:33 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Playing in that crap conference doesn’t help the Zags when it comes to the tournament IMHO.
    They are obviously superior than the weak sisters they play on a regular basis.

Iron sharpens iron.

I try to tell this to my fellow Spokanites for the past 15 years and they come at me with tar and feathers.

But you're exactly right. The WCC is weak. The teams in the tournament are bigger, stronger and faster. They're not ready for it.

Gonzaga did have a great out of conference schedule this year, but their conference stinks

They say the same thing about the Patriots (while Brady was there) and they had no issue winning championships. The WCC is weak and Gonzaga was getting exposed for it when they were getting bounced in the first or second round year after year. But when they are making it to the final four and championship game, then they've already played tough teams to get there and it's not the case of weak conference anymore. This is just a case of Gonzaga was not as good as Baylor and Mark Few's Zags the way he coaches and recruits is all about Finesse. Which is a bad match up when they finally go against a tough aggressive physical team. I get so tired of these super big, efficient but soft guys on the interior. Sadly Chet seems the same way too. Need a Ronny Turiaf or even Bautista back in the inside. Also for whatever reason the perimeter shooters for the Zags always get cold in the tournament (this may be a case of weak conference where these players are not used to shooting 3s under pressure).

Outside of BYU and sometimes St. Marys (I blame the NCAA for picking on St Marys over their blue chip teams when they wanted to make an example) the WCC is a joke though. But the Zags are stuck there. What else can they do? I'd love to see the Zags just start spotting the WCC teams 10 points every game moving forward to force their guys to play under pressure given the weak conference.
    Last edited by ZagHawk on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:37 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Fact:Few is 0-8 against #1 seed teams...

This is an interesting stat but the other thing to think about was how often when playing against a #1 were the Zags a #1 seed themselves? So in that case they are supposed to lose that game. I'm going to guess twice. This time against Baylor (and they got smoked) and last time against UNC (which was down to the wire). The other thing to think about is the two times the Zags did make it to the championship game, they had to BEAT a team that beat the #1 seed as well if the #1 wasn't there to begin with.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:49 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information