MLB takes MJ off its banned substance list...

sutz

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/288 ... -using-pot

For baseball players taking advantage of a new drug policy in which marijuana use is permissible, the commissioner has a warning: Just don't show up to the ballpark high.

Even though Major League Baseball removed marijuana from its banned-substance list during the offseason, the league last week told teams that players remain subject to potential discipline for using or possessing the drug, according a memo obtained by ESPN.

In the memo, deputy commissioner Dan Halem wrote that the league maintains the right to punish players who break existing marijuana laws, such as possession and distribution, as well as for driving under the influence.

Players and team personnel who "appear under the influence of marijuana or any other cannabinoid during any of the Club's games, practices, workouts, meetings or otherwise during the course and within the scope of their employment" will undergo a "mandatory evaluation" for a potential treatment program, according to the memo.

Apparently, they won't be testing for it, but there will still be discipline for "showing up under the infulence." It also doesn't give a pass on DUI's and such, which is fine.

:pimp:

Late add: Let's hope other sports follow suit, soon.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It needs to be taken off lists of all employers.
Treat it like alcohol. What you do on your own time is your business.
If you show up to work drunk or stoned (see impaired), you’re fired on the spot.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24wds2m3 said:
It needs to be taken off lists of all employers.
Treat it like alcohol. What you do on your own time is your business.
If you show up to work drunk or stoned (see impaired), you’re fired on the spot.
Exactly. If I want to do Meth on my own time I should be able to. As long as I come in sober who cares. Lol. But honestly. The war on drugs isn’t working. Don’t ruin the life of a user. The dealers and the southern border/airports should be where all the resources are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk