The NBA is looking at Seattle for expansion

IndyHawk

Reaction score
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba ... xcitement/

A team for $1-2 billion expansion fee.. :34853_doh: I feel sorry for Seattle
taxpayers(King County)
All this to replace the original Sonics that the NBA took away like bandits,I believe
they knew someday they could pull this scenario off later on for even more money
than Ok City paid up on the relocation fee.
The NBA is not hot as it was then ..The product is pretty much garbage in my take.
They should be paying King County to even come back..$1-2 billion sounds fair.
All the Sonics fans pain..All that money spent on having the original Sonics team
and supporting the team all those years.
As I no longer live there and as an ex-NBA fan,I don't need the Sonics again it will
never be the Sonics I grew up with and rooted hard for.
All that 3 point shooting,traveling,double dribbling and no D?Nah but some want it
so they can have that watered down NBA experience :pukeface:

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ezn8sfas said:
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/the-nba-appears-willing-to-consider-expansion-for-seattle-thats-genuine-cause-for-excitement/

A team for $1-2 billion expansion fee.. :34853_doh: I feel sorry for Seattle
taxpayers(King County)
All this to replace the original Sonics that the NBA took away like bandits,I believe
they knew someday they could pull this scenario off later on for even more money
than Ok City paid up on the relocation fee.
The NBA is not hot as it was then ..The product is pretty much garbage in my take.
They should be paying King County to even come back..$1-2 billion sounds fair.
All the Sonics fans pain..All that money spent on having the original Sonics team
and supporting the team all those years.
As I no longer live there and as an ex-NBA fan,I don't need the Sonics again it will
never be the Sonics I grew up with and rooted hard for.
All that 3 point shooting,traveling,double dribbling and no D?Nah but some want it
so they can have that watered down NBA experience :pukeface:

Ok which team is getting a new Arena and needs to leverage us again ?

Or the Kraken are about to take shape, and the publicity is going to get going on them soon. NBA wanting to coat tail that support in hopes of extortion of money from us with a high popularity team emerging in a Arena the NBA didn't support. But want's now to use?

Sorry I want the Sonics back, but we have seen the NBA not be too up front with their motives too many times.

getnasty

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been 12 years since they left and still no team. More then any other sport Seattle and the PNW is a basketball first region. So sad hope there back soon but i won't hold my breath.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NBA is dead to me. Stern Jr (Silver) is a punk ass b****! ....but I’ll be happy for my brother and nephew that are huge Sonics fans.

The NBA will be back like it or not once that arena is finished.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":36m1ba3k said:
The NBA is dead to me. Stern Jr (Silver) is a punk ass b****! ....but I’ll be happy for my brother and nephew that are huge Sonics fans.

The NBA will be back like it or not once that arena is finished.

The redone arena is being made up to NBA specs..As Chris said though-
How long before they leverage the city for an NBA only arena?
To me that is an legit concern ..The biggest scam in sports blackmailing
cities like Arlington,Texas for a new ballpark when the other wasn't even
25yrs old..The NBA does crap like this too and when you don't heel to
them they pull a Sonics heist.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I live in eastern Washington so I don't really have a horse in this race, but I don't blame Seattle area folks one little bit for not drooling over the prospect of the return of the NBA. They hadn't even paid off the expansion of the former Key Arena when the NBA decided that it was outdated. If someone with deep pockets wants to build a new arena, pay the expansion fee, and not take any public money, then I'll consider jumping on the bandwagon.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hate the idea of expansion but if it gets the Sonics back i'll take it. 2.5 billion dollars seems to be the price tag for getting the Sonics back, hoping Chris Hansen is involved if this becomes a reality.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":138rthco said:
Hate the idea of expansion but if it gets the Sonics back i'll take it. 2.5 billion dollars seems to be the price tag for getting the Sonics back, hoping Chris Hansen is involved if this becomes a reality.
I would like to see an Oakville-Hansen partnership.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Im long over my nba hate. Okc hasn’t won’t a ship, Stern is dead, I like Silver as a commish.

Sonics could be the best thing to come from covid.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Man, my love for the NBA has dwindled over the years. I'm just not a fan of what the game has become. The average final score is like 127-132 now. I miss the more physical defensive type of basketball. More laziness on the court in today's game as well, seems like more players standing around not going after the ball. Also there's too many jersey alt designs nothing is memorable. March Madness > NBA.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Crizilla":1zk9blkl said:
Man, my love for the NBA has dwindled over the years. I'm just not a fan of what the game has become. The average final score is like 127-132 now. I miss the more physical defensive type of basketball. More laziness on the court in today's game as well, seems like more players standing around not going after the ball. Also there's too many jersey alt designs nothing is memorable. March Madness > NBA.
The NFL is exactly what the NBA is now.

Offense is celebrated. Defense is frowned upon.

We’re talking about two leagues that are pretty much mirror images of each other because offense is marketable and it makes money.

Like it or not, the NFL is built the same way.

Ruminator

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1zkbi2j5 said:
Offense is celebrated. Defense is frowned upon.

I guess in order to appease to the ever-growing younger generations who think scoreboards should always be in a continual blur and reach stratospheric heights, sports leagues will soon start issuing technical fouls for any player coming within arms length of any other player.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Won't watch. Don't care.. I don't care for the NBA franchise.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Some real NBA bad memories. The 90s were an aberration when it comes to points per game and shots per game.

The NBA has always been about offense. The Pistons? They gave up over 100 points in 5 of their 9 NBA finals games.

In the 70s and 80s there were around 88 shots per game, the 90s was an odd duck with around 75 shots per game. The NBA today is right around 88 shots per game.

Hanjag

Reaction score
I was a Sonics fan but the NBA did them "us" dirty. I have not purposely watched the NBA from that day until now. I will not even if they brought a franchise back and I would vote fk no to any taxpayer bank rolled deals.

getnasty

Reaction score
Who needs expansion maybe ARod just decides to move Milwaukee and wins over the Seattle fan base that once hated him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I say **** the NBA and Stern Jr.

But outside of my hatred of the NBA and the troglodytes that have run it in the past and still run it, it would be great to get them back for the city and the Sonics fans, 2 of whom I’m related to.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I guess I understand the hatred in Seattle for the NBA, but it's been a long time since we lost the Sonics. As much as the NBA is to blame, Howard Schultz is the one who did the city dirty. If he doesn't sell the team to Clay Bennett, the NBA never even gets involved. If you are going to boycott the NBA, you better not be going to Starbucks. Howard Schultz and the City of Seattle were just as bad as David Stern and the NBA.

Might as well boycott the Mariners too, they are stealing money from anyone who attends the games. Sonics have been to the playoffs as many times as the Mariners since they left the city.