Seattle Sounders 2021 season.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The Sounders have signed coach Schmetzer to a new contract, officially completed the transfer of Joao Paulo, and brought in local boy Kelyn Rowe. They're set to lose Jordan Morris, though, as it appears that he's going to Swansea in the EFL Championship on a six month loan with an option to buy.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Chris Henderson has left Seattle's front office to become sporting director at Inter Miami.

Former Sounder Henry Wingo has been sold from Molde to Hungarian side Ferencvaros, and the Sounders' sell-on clause means they'll net around $200k from the deal.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jordan Morris suffered a knee injury in Swansea's match today and it did not look good. He had to be stretchered off and after the match was seen on crutches and wearing a knee brace.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":d78kufjk said:
Jordan Morris suffered a knee injury in Swansea's match today and it did not look good. He had to be stretchered off and after the match was seen on crutches and wearing a knee brace.

Wow! He can’t seem to catch a break from injuries. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
2021 season matches are about to begin. Hearing great things about Montero-Bruin combo during the pre-season. Hopefully Ruidiaz-Montero combo clicks just as well or even better. I'm excited to see how these guys perform when it counts. Put those cool Jimi Hendrix kits. Can't wait!

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
That was a hell of a start to the season for the Sounders. Glad to see that they didn't struggle to score with Morris and Lodiero both missing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sounders are looking good so far. They are extremely deep. The only weak spot I see is Arreaga but now that Andrade played on Sunday. Hopefully he takes that spot and less of Arreaga.

On the bright side, young guys like Leyva and Atencio look to be much improved. They are getting PT and that's good.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawkfan68":yl1mvxq9 said:
Sounders are looking good so far. They are extremely deep. The only weak spot I see is Arreaga but now that Andrade played on Sunday. Hopefully he takes that spot and less of Arreaga.

On the bright side, young guys like Leyva and Atencio look to be much improved. They are getting PT and that's good.

Nouhou continues to be an issue as well. Flashes of brilliance mixed in with lots of average and some stupidity. The brilliance isn't enough to justify the mistakes.

Threedee

Reaction score
I've noticed that João Paulo is often good for a yellow. Hopefully that never comes back to haunt him.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Sounders win, again.

Couple od points...

Ruidiaz missed a couple of shots in fron of goal that he would normally put in the back of the net.

Valeri shoukd have never been awarded a redo on his pk attempt. Frei still had his right heel behind the line and he left foot was maybe a foot in front. Rediculous call. Luckily he crapped the bed on the second attempt.

Ruidiaz was taken down in the box again. Looked like the defender never touched the ball. No VAR either. Thst was terrible when you have the technology. Even the announcer on the replay was like, welllllll.

Timbers were stronger in the first half then the Sounders made adjustments and I felt that the dominated the second half.

Threedee

Reaction score
I was surprised both sides suited up in green. Especially after Seattle went blue against LA last game. Nice to take the axe to the trees, either way.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jordy Delem and Stefan Frei both left last night's game with knee injuries. Frei is obviously the bigger loss. Nervous to see how our backup GKs fare.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lucky the got a W but a huge loss for the Sounders. Frei was tremendous these past several seasons. It was a position that there was no worry about. Having a solid guy there. I hope Richey or Cleveland are up to task.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Threedee":33maaknj said:
Do we know how serious Frei's injury is, yet?
Update on Delem and Frei.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattpentz/status/1393333998860963840[/tweet]