The Seattle Mariners are UNDEFEATED

W

Welshers

Well we may be taking home the World Series before we win another SB... because the Mariners are 1-0!!!!! They came back from 6-1 down in the 8th inning to beat the SF Giants. And there were 9,000 fans at the stadium! Good omens all around

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1k4z4ajk said:
Welshers":1k4z4ajk said:
Well we may be taking home the World Series before we win another SB...

7ONk
He might be right but it’s going to be 2,3, or 4 years down the road when all of the young phenoms are up.
That’s assuming if the Mariners FO/ownership don’t shoot themselves in the foot on how they treat talent.
And that’s a huge IF.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":l8tnn8br said:
Maulbert":l8tnn8br said:
Welshers":l8tnn8br said:

7ONk
He might be right but it’s going to be 2,3, or 4 years down the road when all of the young phenoms are up.
That’s assuming if the Mariners FO/ownership don’t shoot themselves in the foot on how they treat talent.
And that’s a huge IF.

I guarantee the Seahawks will win a second Super Bowl before the Mariners even sniff the World Series.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Maulbert":1d7hl3bm said:
I guarantee the Seahawks will win a second Super Bowl before the Mariners even sniff the World Series.

That is not something I would bet on.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Maulbert":1s3jj33e said:
Sports Hernia":1s3jj33e said:
Maulbert":1s3jj33e said:
Welshers":1s3jj33e said:

7ONk
And that’s a huge IF.

That's a dangerous bet as long as Pete Carrol is the HC :stirthepot:

Threedee

Reaction score
Someone forgot to remind Streckenrider that we were undefeated. That man currently sports a 40.5 ERA in a brilliant 2/3 of an inning pitched.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":236ph0i0 said:
Someone forgot to remind Streckenrider that we were undefeated. That man currently sports a 40.5 ERA in a brilliant 2/3 of an inning pitched.
Why was he allowed to come in and pitch in a tie game, and why was he allowed to pitch as long as he did?
He obviously didn’t have it from early on.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2skb9u4v said:
Threedee":2skb9u4v said:
Why was he allowed to come in and pitch in a tie game, and why was he allowed to pitch as long as he did?
Missed the end of the game, but the new rule says relievers have to face 3 batters, or reach the end of the inning. Maybe that had something to do with it?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":1vef248k said:
Maulbert":1vef248k said:

That is a silly take Ruminator
Do you even follow baseball?The M's are full of talent.
I don't know if I've seen so much from pitching,defense and hitting.
Once it all gets together the WS can happen for sure.
Hawks with an aging RW aren't likely to get very far
The defense will have to be lights out for any chance.

Ruminator

Reaction score
IndyHawk":gg0gn1hw said:
Ruminator":gg0gn1hw said:
Maulbert":gg0gn1hw said:

Might want to re-read what I said. Seahawks winning second SB before Ms get to WS isn't something I foresee happening.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ruminator":1cjnkge9 said:
IndyHawk":1cjnkge9 said:
Ruminator":1cjnkge9 said:
Maulbert":1cjnkge9 said:

Might want to re-read what I said. Seahawks winning second SB before Ms get to WS isn't something I foresee happening.

The Mariners are where hope goes to die. Anyone optimistic about the Mariners while pessimistic about the Seahawks is a goddamn fool.

The Mariners were, are, and always will be a clown show. The sooner you accept that, the happier you'll be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ruminator":1exsro8h said:
IndyHawk":1exsro8h said:
Ruminator":1exsro8h said:
Maulbert":1exsro8h said:

I meant Maulbert..Sorry guy

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":3eadc8un said:
Ruminator":3eadc8un said:
IndyHawk":3eadc8un said:
Ruminator":3eadc8un said:

The Mariners are where hope goes to die. Anyone optimistic about the Mariners while pessimistic about the Seahawks is a goddamn fool.

The Mariners were, are, and always will be a clown show. The sooner you accept that, the happier you'll be.

Well, there was that period of 1995-2001. Since I was between the ages of 9 and 15, it created a certain level of expectation. Which Bavasi and the Law Offices of Lincoln & Armstrong promptly killed. Nevertheless, it wasn't until several years into the Zduriencik regime that I finally conceeded that all hope is indeed lost. Especially after wasting the historically great 2014 bullpen.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Threedee":52otn201 said:
Maulbert":52otn201 said:
Ruminator":52otn201 said:
IndyHawk":52otn201 said:

Well, there was that period of 1995-2001. Since I was between the ages of 9 and 15, it created a certain level of expectation. Which Bavasi and the Law Offices of Lincoln & Armstrong promptly killed. Nevertheless, it wasn't until several years into the Zduriencik regime that I finally conceeded that all hope is indeed lost. Especially after wasting the historically great 2014 bullpen.

I was 12-18. I do remember it. I just understand it was the exception, not the rule.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I will take the Seahawks winning a SB before the Mariners sniffing a WS. At least the Seahawks make the playoffs nearly every season. The Mariners haven't made it in what, 20 years? LOL. They are a joke. I don't care if they have some young talent. The last time they did, how did that work out? If you put Mariner jersey's on the entire Dodgers team we would probably find a way to screw it up. The organization is a joke. Best example is how they're treating Kelenic. Do you think a winning organization would do this to their star player? If I'm Kelenic, once my contract is up I'd leave. If the Mariners really cared about winning they would have either called him up last season or had him on the opening day roster. The Mariners are a cheap and poorly ran organization, probably one of the worst major sports franchises out there.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1yle2262 said:
Sports Hernia":1yle2262 said:
Maulbert":1yle2262 said:
Welshers":1yle2262 said:

7ONk
And that’s a huge IF.

The Kraken will likely win a Stanley Cup before the Hawks or Mariners win a championship, and they haven’t drafted any players yet.

Threedee

Reaction score
sutz":14l9or0y said:
Sports Hernia":14l9or0y said:
Threedee":14l9or0y said:
Missed the end of the game, but the new rule says relievers have to face 3 batters, or reach the end of the inning. Maybe that had something to do with it?

I guess the era of the setup pitcher has died a headscratching death.