Oops! Kentucky Derby winner tests postitive...

sutz

Reaction score
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... methasone/

Baffert: Kentucky Derby Winner Medina Spirit Tests Positive For Betamethasone

Trainer Bob Baffert announced Sunday morning that Medina Spirit, winner of the Grade 1 Kentucky Derby on May 1, has tested positive for betamethasone, a corticosteroid, and faces a possible disqualification from the race – the first medication DQ since Dancer's Image lost his Derby victory in 1968 after a disputed positive test for the anti-inflammatory phenylbutazone.

If the drug is confirmed in a split sample it would be Baffert's fifth medication violation since May 2020.

Baffert said his assistant, Jimmy Barnes called Baffert yesterday while he was en route to the airport in California for a flight to Kentucky, notifying him that he had been served by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission after the post-race sample came back positive for 21 picograms of the medication.

Baffert insisted Medina Spirit has never been treated with betamethasone. “I don't know what's going on, but there's something that is not right,” Baffert said.

James in PA

Reaction score
What are the betting implications if you already won and cashed in on Medina Spirit? Or if you had Mandaloun (who would now be the winner) as the winner? I’m assuming nothing can be done at this point and everyone is just SOL. This trainer Bob Baffert must have attended the New England Patriots School of Competition.

toffee

Reaction score
James in PA":turrw1wb said:
What are the betting implications if you already won and cashed in on Medina Spirit? Or if you had Mandaloun (who would now be the winner) as the winner? I’m assuming nothing can be done at this point and everyone is just SOL. This trainer Bob Baffert must have attended the New England Patriots School of Competition.
Betting implication is key! Lots of those are cash or folks already spent their winning.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cheating in sports pays and their are few consequences.
This guy, Shady Brady, Billycheat, the HGH/steroid users in MLB and the NFL, the Houston Asterisks, etc, etc.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I can't even bet on anything it's all tainted by cheating fucks.

Threedee

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1d377j7w said:
I can't even bet on anything it's all tainted by cheating fucks.

The extent of my horse gambling is to go to Emerald Downs and bet on all of the longshots. Also, whichever horse Chico Marx is betting on.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":10tchaoo said:
Cheating in sports pays and their are few consequences.
This guy, Shady Brady, Billycheat, the HGH/steroid users in MLB and the NFL, the Houston Asterisks, etc, etc.

This is part of why sports leagues shouldn't have banned substances.