Gonzaga Basketball 2021-22

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Just re-setting the Gonzaga discussion. 2021 freshman class is top 5 in the nation and team should be ranked top 3 headed into the season,

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags will be loaded again. They just got Nolan Hickman who is from the Seattle area. Gonzaga is beginning to recruit a lot more like the big names.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what Few can do with such a young roster of players. Very talented and very young.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Lots of speculation as to what the rotation will look like. The may finally be able to play 8-9 deep consistently. Personally I'd like to see Harris and Strawther get serious minutes. Strawther can just plain score and Harris is an above-the-rim talent.

Threedee

Reaction score
Damn, I got pulled over in Idaho for doing 90 in an 80 a month ago! Luckily, was on a road trip with no suspicion of alcohol, and the deputy let me off with a warning.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Crizilla":3ggs1xfk said:
Lets make it to a third Final Four why not?

Zags definitely have an enviable amount of talent. Holmgren and Sallis should be flat-out fun to watch. Hard to believe they still have Timme. I almost feel sorry for some of our WCC opponents this season.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm not sure Timme's low post game will translate to the NBA. He'll need to get his shot going to really play at the next level.

Threedee

Reaction score
Crizilla":1rhw5mw4 said:
Lets make it to a third Final Four why not?

It's too bad they didn't take care of UNC, because, that Houston matchup was not something that simply got away from them.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I was flipping between the Zags exhibition game on Sunday and the Seahawks. Chet Holmgren is going to be fun to watch. He's a 7 footer with crazy ball skills. Kaden Perry has a little bit of Brandon Clarke in him, will be interesting to see if they can find minutes for him. Julian Strawther is going to be the major break-out dude this year he can flat out score.

The rest of the frosh I couldn't quite distinguish.

Grad transfer Rasir Bolton is one fast MoFo and will be hugely important on such a young team.

Joe Few got in the game, which you won't see again this year.

This team is definitely a work in progress but they got 10-11 guys who have a legit claim on minutes. Will be interesting and entertaining.

Threedee

Reaction score
Fun fact, Dixie State has been petitioning for yesrs to join the Utah college circuit as University of Utah-St. George, or something comparable. Still hasn't happened, because, Salt Lake has long been embarrassed by the mere existence of Dixie State.

Anyway, I haven't yet seen Holmgren in action, but for a guy to be listed as 7 ft and only 195 pounds tells me he's due for some massive bulking up. The center position is more about defense than offense, and, he needs to be able to push guys around.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Slayed another big school today (Texas). Bring on UNC and Duke next. Schedule makers are giving us multiple blue blood match ups throughout the season regularly now. Zags have been ranked #1 for so much the past several years it basically counts as a national championship. Titles don't mean much in college sports it's more about how long you can dominate year in and year out, and what kind of program you have.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Timme dropped 37 on his home state. Zags have another loaded team. Mark Few is the Bobby Huggins of the West Coast and the Pac looks to be UCLA and no one else out west. Maybe Oregon but I doubt it lol. UW stinks again, Wazzu is decent but not a tourney team. I like the Zags finally cutting down the nets next spring.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Wunderkid Chet Holmgren didn't exactly tear up the stat sheet. He made an impact on defense, and pulled in some boards, but he didn't do much on offense, and definitely showed that his slim frame is going to be a problem when legit bigs get physical with him. It will be interesting to see how his game evolves as the season moves along.

Zach Collins made great strides during his freshman year and really came on in February and March.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":31iykd0o said:
Wunderkid Chet Holmgren didn't exactly tear up the stat sheet. He made an impact on defense, and pulled in some boards, but he didn't do much on offense, and definitely showed that his slim frame is going to be a problem when legit bigs get physical with him. It will be interesting to see how his game evolves as the season moves along.

Zach Collins made great strides during his freshman year and really came on in February and March.
Another UW blunder hiring Romar back in the day over Mark Few.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The Zag in ZagHawk..

Go Zags!

I really hope this is finally THE year.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Crizilla":2yxz58zp said:
Slayed another big school today (Texas). Bring on UNC and Duke next. Schedule makers are giving us multiple blue blood match ups throughout the season regularly now. Zags have been ranked #1 for so much the past several years it basically counts as a national championship. Titles don't mean much in college sports it's more about how long you can dominate year in and year out, and what kind of program you have.

No..they mean everything... Ask the bills of the 90s

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Gawd... what a bloodbath so far. And Timme has been bad and still up by 20+ so far.