GU Coach Mark Few drinks heavy and then drives drunk.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Gonzaga University Head Basketball Coach Mark "The alcoholic" Few risked lives of babies, children and adults by selfishly driving after partying hard and making a conscious choice to disobey the law, not caring about others lives and ended up not taking responsibility for his actions.

The report said Mark tried to weasel his way out of his responsiblies when he told the officer "I am the GU Basketball Coach". Is job dropping a normal thing while getting stopped so a person doesn't run over children? No, Mark said I don't want the responsibly of my actions, I want my job title to get me out of this problem I created.

Those who want to give Few the pass, If your child was mangled under Few's car, would you still give him a pass?

toffee

Reaction score
Interestingly, only the not famous enough use "Do you know who I am?"

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Spohawks":26y41cqc said:
Gonzaga University Head Basketball Coach Mark "The alcoholic" Few risked lives of babies, children and adults by selfishly driving after partying hard and making a conscious choice to disobey the law, not caring about others lives and ended up not taking responsibility for his actions.

The report said Mark tried to weasel his way out of his responsiblies when he told the officer "I am the GU Basketball Coach". Is job dropping a normal thing while getting stopped so a person doesn't run over children? No, Mark said I don't want the responsibly of my actions, I want my job title to get me out of this problem I created.

Those who want to give Few the pass, If your child was mangled under Few's car, would you still give him a pass?

U sound upset. I would imagine that Gonzaga is not your squad. People turn a blind eye to a team they love or player for that matter.

I am a die hard zag fan and i think he should be punished.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
I am not sure how to feel about it, GU means nothing to me. Just because homeboy doesn't have the coaching ability to win a national championship doesn't mean he gets to drown his sorrows and endanger kids and adults. He needs fired, what kind of example is he the students?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Spohawks":23nfu0cb said:
I am not sure how to feel about it, GU means nothing to me. Just because homeboy doesn't have the coaching ability to win a national championship doesn't mean he gets to drown his sorrows and endanger kids and adults. He needs fired, what kind of example is he the students?

Ah ur trollin. Good talks.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
So, SpokHawks --- you made a great case about Few risking the lives of innocents, so kudos there.

Then you took a shot at him not winning either of his shots at the national title, as if that has anything to do with this. You were doing just fine, but then revealed your bias, so whatever credibility you may have had disappeared.

Drinknig while positing isn't nearly as bad as drinking while driving, but it's also a bad idea.

Few won't be fired, but he will certainly pay a heavy price for what has happened. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Many families have died from drunk drivers. Many families are left with just memories from Few's actions. If he took your wife and kids life, would you be on here nit picking some minor sport put down?

Honestly, imange your wife and child are dead because Few thought he and his job title were above their value. Let it sink in for a minute, and ask yourself would you come back on here and discredit me?

This scenario happens every 50 minutes to someone in the United States, could you or I be next? 100% YES!

I am not at all upset about bringing up Few's losses, He clearly has put his drinking and driving habits above your wife and kids lives, so screw him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Habit(s)
Plural? This has happened before?? Hopefully he is punished and maybe suspended. That being said, the name drop thing is beyond ridiculous.
Also, who is giving him a pass? Nobody on here.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
Habits?? Well either this was his first time ever in his life that he tried drinking and driving, or it is a habit.

There is always a first time, sure. But he waited until the age of 58 to sneak home from the bar? Hmmm.

OP
OP
S

Spohawks

Reaction score
He has other issues outside of the DUI, he lied twice to the cop. Once about if he had anything to drink that night...he said no. And another lie about when he had his last beer. He claimed he had 2 beers with the last one "four hours ago"...with a .12 reading, that math doesn't add up.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I completely agree that he didn't just all of a sudden make this choice in his life. He just got caught this time.

I can remember in my past driving home and feeling grateful I didn't "get caught". I learned to apply that gratitude to use better decisions going forward, and hand off my keys when needed.

One story: I was actually in Couer D'Alene a few years ago and was pretty lubed up and in no shape to drive back to my hotel. I got on the app but neither Uber nor Lyft was providing much service in that area. After much time being frustrated I ended up walking about 2 miles back to my room. The fresh air did me good.

Just saying --- cabs and ridesharing aren't always great options everywhere.

ivotuk

Reaction score
toffee":3d1wisuy said:
Interestingly, only the not famous enough use "Do you know who I am?"

Actually Kristin Bell tried that once with California Highway Patrol. IIRC, the Officer was going to give them a break, but then charged them the full bill. :D

jeremiah

Reaction score
Spohawks":1gj6vero said:
He has other issues outside of the DUI, he lied twice to the cop. Once about if he had anything to drink that night...he said no. And another lie about when he had his last beer. He claimed he had 2 beers with the last one "four hours ago"...with a .12 reading, that math doesn't add up.

.12 is barely inebriated. Drink 3 beers in an hour and you hit about .15. Two beers in an hour is about a .08.

So he had a couple of beers and drove. What is more dangerous is the homeless situation with open air sales of Heroin, guns, knives and booze daily in Seattle. It has led to rampant gang warfare.

chris98251

Reaction score
jeremiah":2f13rsae said:
Spohawks":2f13rsae said:

.12 is barely inebriated. Drink 3 beers in an hour and you hit about .15. Two beers in an hour is about a .08.

So he had a couple of beers and drove. What is more dangerous is the homeless situation with open air sales of Heroin, guns, knives and booze daily in Seattle. It has led to rampant gang warfare.

MAD is going to have a hay day with you, your going to hell in their book.