Quick College Football Q...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not a big college football fan but I do watch some games. Today I've noticed in various games when a team is on offense, right before they snap the ball, they all stand straight up in unison and look to the sideline. Why do they do that?

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":2ok4xyr1 said:
I'm not a big college football fan but I do watch some games. Today I've noticed in various games when a team is on offense, right before they snap the ball, they all stand straight up in unison and look to the sideline. Why do they do that?

The have to set one count, I wonder if they are looking at the Line Judge to see if they are lined up correctly and there is a signal or a coach doing it. I know as a WR I would always check and get a Nod if I was good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":2g31t4kw said:
To see what the playcall is.
Multiple players or coaches will hold up pictures of things that represent a play call or they are looking for a hand signal.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
They line up in a formation, see what the defense does, then look to the sideline to see if the coach will call an audible.

Also, we have an entire forum for college football questions. :)