FOX TV broadcast or Lucas Oil field to blame?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Was it me, my TV, or what, but that broadcast on Sunday looked horrible. The green blotchiness of the field at Lucas Oil stadium looked horrible on TV. It was actually difficult to watch the game at times because of it. Anyone else see what I saw?

I've always thought it was Fox broadcasting (I do over the air) that was the cause--I've seen previous games in recent past where the picture quality was not very HDTV-like. I've got my TV picture tuned pretty well so I don't think its me.

Love the Win, though, for sure!

sutz

Reaction score
When in doubt, blame Fox. When they first bought into the NFL, they weren't really ready and went cheapo on pretty much all of their games other than the flagship "Game of the Week" that they push. Several of their announcer crews are 2d rate, too and I think they seem to squeeze in more commercials at times, leading to them barely switching in before the snap on plays or even missing some of the action. We don't get much choice, though, so it is what it is.

Remember, this week they'll be on CBS I believe since TV coverage is determined by the road team. Be sure to check your local listing.

sutz

Reaction score
Jase":2bzvdy55 said:
sutz":2bzvdy55 said:
Several of their announcer crews are 2d rate

That's being exceptionally kind.
I don't watch a lot of their games the last few years. I have to when they do the Hawks, so I grit my teeth and watch. :229031_shrug: