Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NBA returning to Seattle?

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm
  • Hell yeah! I guess it was inevitable, but it's another step.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2411
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:25 pm
  • I hate the longshoremen.

    I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 11247
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:KING 5 News ‏@KING5Seattle
    Judge rejects union lawsuit aimed at undoing deal for new Seattle basketball arena - follow @ChrisDaniels5 for updates.


    Very nice!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12820
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I hate the longshoremen.

    I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.


    Gotta agree with you there. Don't think there's another job that pays grade school level goons 6 figures salaries for sitting on their asses and clocking out 5 hours early. Family wage jobs, my ass.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 4714
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:35 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm
  • SeaTown81 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I hate the longshoremen.

    I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.


    Gotta agree with you there. Don't think there's another job that pays grade school level goons 6 figures salaries for sitting on their asses and clocking out 5 hours early. Family wage jobs, my ass.


    Where can I apply?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8975
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:24 pm
    Location: PNW


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:31 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    SeaTown81 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:I hate the longshoremen.

    I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.


    Gotta agree with you there. Don't think there's another job that pays grade school level goons 6 figures salaries for sitting on their asses and clocking out 5 hours early. Family wage jobs, my ass.


    Where can I apply?


    I'm pretty sure your IQ is too high for that job.


    Your welcome. :D

    Just want the move to happen if its going to happen. Sick of this "not quite news" news.
    tubbs51
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 321
    Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm
    Location: Spokane, Washington


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:46 am
  • I would say that I bet there are some Longshoreman members here that would consider that a personal attack. Elitist mentality strikes again from people that evidently don't know the history of longshoreman. It's mechanized now a lot more but at one time nothing moved in this country without them and it was one of the most dangerous jobs you could have.

    I suppose Loggers and Miners, Fisherman, also fall into your imbecile category also.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32879
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm
  • Judge basically told the port and Howard Lincoln to &@$# it! :)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30941
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:16 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:I hate the longshoremen.

    I have had to deal with them for years. Overpaid imbeciles.


    I was a longshoreman once, kinda sorta, worked the fish dock in Homer, AK. But, I was just an underpaid imbecile :mrgreen:
    grizbob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2943
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 am
    Location: Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 am
  • When do tickets go on sale :3: :180670:
    grizbob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2943
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 am
    Location: Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:44 am
  • grizbob wrote:When do tickets go on sale :3: :180670:


    As the future GM of this franchise, I cannot disclose this information.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:35 pm
  • Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    RT @FOX40: Source: Minority owner John Kehriotis wants to buy the #Kings without any city money invovled.

    Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    RT @FOX40: Source tells @JimCrandell that Kehriotis has $350 million, with a verbal commitment of $400 million. #Kings

    Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    And I want an Aston Martin Vanquish, doesn't mean I can afford one. We'll see how realistic this minority owner's backing is. I'm skeptical.

    Here is the story with more info from fox40.com

    FOX40 News was told Monday night by a source, wishing to remain anonymous, about a new group led by current Kings minority owner John Kehriotis. Kehriotis currently holds 12.2% of the Kings franchise.

    According to the source, the group thinks it needs $750 million to buy the team and build the arena. The source, who is involved in the purchase effort, says the investment group currently has $350 million and a verbal commitment for $400. That would meet the goal.

    This plan, the source says, is not site specific. The group could consider the railyards, Downtown Plaza and the current arena site in Natomas.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 10682
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:33 am
    Location: Kent, Washington


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 am
  • drdiags wrote:Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    RT @FOX40: Source: Minority owner John Kehriotis wants to buy the #Kings without any city money invovled.

    Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    RT @FOX40: Source tells @JimCrandell that Kehriotis has $350 million, with a verbal commitment of $400 million. #Kings

    Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree
    And I want an Aston Martin Vanquish, doesn't mean I can afford one. We'll see how realistic this minority owner's backing is. I'm skeptical.

    Here is the story with more info from fox40.com

    FOX40 News was told Monday night by a source, wishing to remain anonymous, about a new group led by current Kings minority owner John Kehriotis. Kehriotis currently holds 12.2% of the Kings franchise.

    According to the source, the group thinks it needs $750 million to buy the team and build the arena. The source, who is involved in the purchase effort, says the investment group currently has $350 million and a verbal commitment for $400. That would meet the goal.

    This plan, the source says, is not site specific. The group could consider the railyards, Downtown Plaza and the current arena site in Natomas.


    ............ :34853_doh:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12820
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 am
  • I still think this will come down to there being a deal in place and some money put down before all these new groups came into the mix or any arena deal in Sacramento.
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2046
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:37 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:31 am
  • A too good to be true deal comes out of left field right before KJ's set to announce his plan and that's BAD for Seattle?

    We're going to be fine.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 am
  • I think that might've been KJ's whale honestly, we'll see.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 am
  • :thcoffee:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3678
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 am
  • Seems like pretty bad news but I guess we'll wait and see if this deal is legit. Hard to imagine the team moving if they have that kind of offer on the table.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 390
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 am
  • I dont think it means anything, dudes only worth $360 million? compared to the money the Seattle group brings to the table? The NBA is going to look at that and think the best long term viability of the franchise is to go with the money team in Seattle, Sacramento's best shot is Burkle, not this guy.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 am
  • pinksheets wrote:A too good to be true deal comes out of left field right before KJ's set to announce his plan and that's BAD for Seattle?

    We're going to be fine.


    This. I think this only screws Sacramento more.
    JOz56
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 748
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm
    Location: Spokane WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am
  • It's all about the money. The NBA needs a team in Seattle. After they lost the Grizzlies they now have one area without teams that in the past had teams and supported them ( Sonics and Grizzlies) The Seahawks and Mariners also draws fans from the East states such as Idaho and Montana. A good Seattle team may well do so also.

    Sacramento is a smaller media market by quite a bit. It is served by teams already. The nearest is the Warriors. I see the NBA doing what is best for the league and Media deals, and its not staying in Sacramento.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1975
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Too little too late. Sacramento may not want to admit it, but they are playing for 2nd place (ie an expansion team or another cities team)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 30941
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm
  • Every team in the NBA will be worth %30 more with the Sonics instead of the Kings. You think these guys (owners committee) ain't motivated to grease some skids?
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2411
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm
  • Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12820
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.

    For my buddy Blitzer:

    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Well according to reports Mayor Johnson is set to reveal his entire plan tomorrow at some point and time giving names of his whales, an arena plan and financing.

    The plot thickens, I personally see it as if Sacramento can get a deal that is close or equal too the Hansen/Ballmer groups deal then they are probably staying Sacramento.

    Then we pay even more!

    we just gotta man :cry:
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


    Beers and Nachos on me!
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm
  • I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


    Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1731
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Last night the Sac city council voted to fund negotiations and exploratory type stuff regarding an arena deal with KJ's still unnamed whales (expect them to be named tomorrow). The Sac City Manager said they'd like to have a preliminary term sheet presented to the city council in April. Remember when McGinn, Constantine, and Hansen announced they had negotiated a deal before it even went through the council process? That's where Sac wants to be, and their deal is going to suck money from the general fund by using a very questionable funding mechanism through leasing their public parking to private companies for decades. Add to that there is now a second investment group with a too good to be true plan that is only going to serve as ammunition for the anti-pubic subsidy crowd and cause a ton of confusion for Sac.

    In other words, see y'all at the Key this fall.


    Beers and Nachos on me!


    Where and when?:smile:
    grizbob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2943
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:17 am
    Location: Oregon


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm
  • TheRealDTM wrote:I'm slowly doing a 180, with the Robinson trade, how hard sacramento is fighting for a downright terrible team, and the negative perception that will cloud seattle if we "steal a team," I'm about ready to say f it and hope we get an expansion team in a few years. The Kings are TOXIC.


    Edit: Mainly talking about the state of the kings roster/in the future. I understand ownership will change and gm/coach but they owe a lot of picks, don't have a ton of cap room and have a questionable team comp that probably needs to be gutted.


    If the weren't a mess, they wouldnt be relocating.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:07 pm
  • The sonics weren't (until ownership created one).
    I thought the kings were in good position to rebuild, gut the vets(big contracts) let the young guns play and get a high draft pick. Now they're down a tp 5 pick, a second rounder next year and who knows if they'll keep tyreke (they could have moved him)
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1731
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:15 pm
  • Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7689
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:12 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm
  • Some Orlando sports show host said Hansen didn't pay the 30M, one if the Maloofs said that was untrue earlier today
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1428
    Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:08 pm
    Location: Bellevue


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Sup with this report of Hansens group not making 30 mill non-refundable payment? Maloofs already said that payment was made


    Report was inaccurate. One of the Maloofs confirmed it earlier.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12820
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm
  • that's the same report. 350 from his end, 400 mill in verbal commitments, whatever that means in the real world.
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1731
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm
  • Pstark3 wrote:"Minority owner has 750M to keep Kings in Sacremento"

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/sonics/2013/0 ... acramento/

    If this is true....................

    Already been discussed in this thread.

    Remember this?

    http://www.emeraldcitycenter.com/

    These type of 'too good to be true' plans act more to muck up the focus of the serious stuff than anything else. You think KJ and his guys want talk of a supposedly public spending free plan going on right now? It's a huge distraction for their more realistic pitch and gives ammo to all of the NIMBY types.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm
  • Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:02 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:11 pm
  • And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:And I hereby decree that Blitzer shall stay away from all Sonics/Kings news for the next 7 days. It's for your own good, dude. KJ is going to announce the whales tomorrow, a hype train will get started, and there is going to be a lot of buzz that isn't necessarily in touch with reality. Let things settle before you get too worked up (which you know you won't so stay away! get in your panic room).


    Buts its soooo hard, but I will try my best Pink.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12820
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Some of you need to stop worrying, we have the upper hand. An agreed deal, that the maloofs can't back out of, an arena plan that's far ahead any arena deal sacramento, or this dude can come up with in a months time, and we got good money writing the checks. Teams coming to Seattle, everything until the BOG meeting is just noise.


    Image
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3678
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 am
  • I really want to have what you're trying to say explained to me, but I also don't...and want to leave it as a piece of performance GIF art that we can all take our own meaning from.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am
  • :salute:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3678
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:29 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 pm
  • The $30 mil was paid and is nonrefundable. This has been confirmed by the Maloofs. The Hanson deal would have to fall apart for it to even be possible for the Maloofs to take other offers.

    The ball is in Chris Hanson's court, people, and he is driving the lane.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2411
    Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 pm
  • Kevin Johnson "state of the city" announcement coming up on the Kings part of the speech. Rumors would tell me that there's going to be some bad news for Seattle. Fingers crossed, but here goes.

    Link if anyone's interested: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/live-video-kmax/
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 390
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm
  • well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32879
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:58 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:well when done can someone post details, it says my browser isn't compatible with it. I tried Chrome and Explorer.


    Not over yet but quick summary:

    1. Mark Mastrov will be primary owner (this was unclear, Kevin stumbled a bit here)
    2. Burkle will lead the arena financing
    3. Mastrov will submit a competitive offer to the NBA tomorrow
    4. Johnson believes that the bid will be close enough to Seattle that the NBA will make the Maloofs sell to the local group
    5. THE MONARCHS WILL BE BACK IN THE NEW ARENA :roll:

    Edit: So basically nothing new, other than that they'll be submitting an offer tomorrow.
    BillHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 390
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:12 pm


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:02 pm
  • So close to Seattles bid, not equal or better, and Burkle will lead financeing for a new Arena that has not been approved, designed or voted on. Sounds like a lot of hopes and wishes. Additionally the NBA just approves a sale, Maloofs already accepted Hansens offer, it would require them renigging on it to not go thru since they have accepeted 30 million in earnest money already also.

    But thank you for the post.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32879
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: NBA returning to Seattle?
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm
  • Nothing unexpected really.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:59 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests