Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013-14 EPL Season

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Also, neither espn.com nor espnfc.com has a single story regarding hillsborough. Weird.

ESPN has a 30 for 30 special tonight. Other than that, not a thing. Just a note and a link on ESPNUK.

Its not an "American" story. Really ESPN's adopted Prem team is United. if the news doesnt apply to them its rarely seen on the front page.

I was 15 when it happened. Living in New Jersey. I still remember the front page of the Star Ledger had a picture of these kids faces pressed up against that blue fencing. That was the story, that was the news. And then it was sort of gone. Trying to get any idea of what was happing in English football in the 80s and early 90s was difficult at best in the US anyways.

Today the coverage would have been much different ofcourse. But in the pre-CNN, pre-Internet days it was a newspaper story one day, then replaced by something more local the next. I still think ESPN and the rest of American media are playing catch up to football and its stories.

Its Messi, United, World Cup....the rest is filler. While the emotions of City's massive win two years ago, the atmosphere at Anfield on Sunday and the tributes to one of the greatest sports tragedies ever may have made the front pages, their is no historical context for ESPN, CNN, FOX to fall back on. It runs its 24 hours and then is replaced by NFL free agency, baseball, basketball, whatever..

its so difficult to be a fan here because its nearly impossible to replicate the atmosphere and emotion we see cast across the line from the streets and stands in England.

Brendan and Roberto did themselves, their clubs and the families great justice with their readings this afternoon as well.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:44 am
  • Fox Sports has an article up on their soccer page.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/t ... -96-041514

Today is also the 1-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings so that's getting most of the media attention here in the states.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:44 pm
  • Didn't see the game live due to work, but I watched the match after I got home and it was a decent game by Arsenal. As I had expected, Arsenal were tired through a good part of the game, Podolski's equalizer was needed more so than just simply leveling the game up. And Giroud's goal, I can't say enough about that touch by him, it was pin-point perfect, gave Arsenal a vital shot of adrenaline and they rode it to the finish.

By the way, nice gesture by Giroud dedicating his goal to the Hillsborough victims.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:24 am
  • very touching tribute from the Dortmund crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNtuW0NOw-M

Saw Girouds gesture, and his comments after the game. Very well done on his part, admitting not knowing the story well but still realizing its significance. Its the best way to make sure its never forgotten.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:43 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvL3jL2ppa0

Seriously, Pulis has done a maginificent job there, something like 35 points over 22/23 games? either way, they are now truly safe from the drop.

Bummer for our Merseyside brethren, but thus is life in the Prem. Arsenal/Wenger to survive yet again.

How about Sunderland!? Coulda/Shoulda had all three points. A great display, and one that leaves you truly appreciative of the effort they gave at Anfield and the 3 points we managed that day.

The title race is slimming to two clubs. Liverpool with the bit in their teeth surely now. at Carrows Road suddenly an opportunity to end City's threat. Can Sunderland repeat their work at Stamford Bridge on the weekend?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm
  • You don't normally hear this from an Arsenal fan. But thank you Tony Pulis. Thanks to Palace, Arsenal will be Top 4 heading into the weekend. Honestly, I expected Everton to slip up against someone like City, United or even Southampton, Crystal Palace never crossed my mind.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 pm
  • Let me clarify. When I said that I expected Everton to slip up in those 3 games, what I meant was that if Everton were gonna slip up, it was gonna be in one of those 3 games.

And I can't, for the life of me, see anywhere Arsenal could legitimately drop points. The likeliest trap game has to be Hull this weekend. Newcastle's gone into freefall, West Brom can't hold a lead if they get one and Norwich is just flat out disappointing. And 2 of those are at home, where Arsenal hasn't lost in the EPL since opening day.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:07 am
  • Thought Palace done a good job last night, was under a bit of early pressure but after that it was a good game with both teams having chances, Mile Jedinak is the middle of midfield was immense for Palace, and I thought Yannick Bolasie has his best game yet for Palace.
    Blueboy
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:13 pm
  • Okay, this might sound insane, but what if City completely implode and BOTH Arsenal and Everton make the Top 4 and City don't. City have to win 3 of their remaining 5 games to be certain of a Top 4 finish as the max points for Arsenal and Everton is 79 and 78. It's unlikely, but it could happen if City repeat their last 2 performances.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:21 pm
  • For me the race for 4th is a mere side drama, and a far less interesting one, than the top of the table. Evertons loss kind of sucked the drama out if it. Sure their are numerous mathematical possibilities, but none of the three teams in the battle for the last two spots are showing any consistency to encourage any faith they are the favorites. It's merely interesting to see which team fades more...

I think its set at this point. I'd be shocked if Everton get in now. But again, neither of the teams ahead of them have shown they deserve it more of late. Arsenals getting healthy. I think that will decide it
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:18 am
  • Another win for Palace and now mathematically safe, an amazing achievement considering our position after 10 games. I now have a massive fear that Tony Pulis won't be in charge next season, not sure why, just a nagging feeling I have.
    Blueboy
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:54 am
  • Blueboy wrote:Another win for Palace and now mathematically safe, an amazing achievement considering our position after 10 games. I now have a massive fear that Tony Pulis won't be in charge next season, not sure why, just a nagging feeling I have.

Congrats to Palace. Maybe they can make a couple of good value signings and make even more noise next year. Would like to see it happen.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:34 am
  • Agent Borini!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:38 am
  • Jozy draws it Agent Borini settles it!

Its all happening...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:13 pm
  • If Liverpool messes this opportunity up, then they will become the biggest chokers in the history of any and all sports. There is no way they're not winning the league now.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:36 pm
  • It was never a penalty in my opinion but it couldn't happen to a nicer team. Karma is a b!@ch and came to haunt them after the West Brom game. This has to be Liverpools title. They won't have a better chance and if they don't win it now, they never will.

Is this possibly the biggest turn around in Premiership history? I don't remember anyone picking them for the title at the start of the year, they didn't even make Europe last year.

I got the Chelsea, Man City challenging prediction right along with Man Utd declining but Liverpool really came from nowhere.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:45 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:If Liverpool messes this opportunity up, then they will become the biggest chokers in the history of any and all sports. There is no way they're not winning the league now.

I think if they win tomorrow then yes but it won't be an easy game, teams like Norwich will be throwing the kitchen sink at them and playing out of their skins to survive. This is always the time of year that the bottom teams get freak results but a 5 point lead should be enough. The Chelsea game is the cup final. Beat them and you have an 8 point lead and the title clinched. If they drop points tomorrow and/or lose to Chelsea then who knows with Crystal Palace playing really well.

The next two games are huge for them.

I want Liverpool to do it. I don't have an English team that I support and normally watch the EPL games as a neutral. I like to see ex Celtic players like Wanyama, Boruc, Ledley do well. I want the team who haven't won it in over 20 years and are playing exciting football to win. I'm fed up over my lifetime seeing Man Utd winning it with the odd year of traditionally mediocre football clubs who are artificially inflated by sugar daddies like Man City and Chelsea winning it, in turn ruining football. I went to Anfield in 2003 and got treated well by their fans despite clearly being a Celtic fan, sitting in the home end and their team losing. Therefore they are okay in my book (Celtic fans sing Walk On better though ;) ).

The same cannot be said for Chelsea or Man Utd fans when they played in Glasgow.

I think Man Utd will come back in the coming years. They'll win the odd title (they are too big not too) but I don't think they will ever be as dominant as they were under Ferguson. He was a once in a generation coach, who built multiple squads and had sustained success at two clubs. Not many coaches can do that, especially in these times. This therefore makes it a more open league. City and Chelsea aren't sustainable. Will be interesting to see what happens with Abramovich if the Ukraine situation escalated big time. As for Arsenal who knows, they are a big team but I can't help feel they have underachieved the last decade and have always seemed soft to me since Viera left.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:38 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:If Liverpool messes this opportunity up, then they will become the biggest chokers in the history of any and all sports. There is no way they're not winning the league now.

Gate hasn't followed sports much I guess..

Still have to beat Norwich at their place. To suggest that's easy is ignoring what Sunderland just did. Then hosting a desperate Chelsea team before going to a remarkably good Palace side

This is far from over. But Sunderland have helped immensely.

A win tomorrow and it gets measurably closer.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    Blueboy wrote:Another win for Palace and now mathematically safe, an amazing achievement considering our position after 10 games. I now have a massive fear that Tony Pulis won't be in charge next season, not sure why, just a nagging feeling I have.

Congrats to Palace. Maybe they can make a couple of good value signings and make even more noise next year. Would like to see it happen.

Would love to see Palace make 2 or 3 quality signings and maybe stabilise a premier League status.
    Blueboy
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:39 pm
  • Here here peaches....

Let's get 3 tomorrow
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm
  • Si, don't you dare even think you can say I don't follow sports. Because you'd be entering a fight you'd never win even if you cheated.

What I was saying is that everything is falling into Liverpool's lap and they will have 0 excuses if they don't win it.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:06 pm
  • Typical Mourinho. Lose a game, lose your unbeaten home record, possibly lose the title and who does he thank/bame for it all. A referee. That guy is a walking personification of a hypocrite.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:27 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Si, don't you dare even think you can say I don't follow sports. Because you'd be entering a fight you'd never win even if you cheated.

What I was saying is that everything is falling into Liverpool's lap and they will have 0 excuses if they don't win it.

You dont follow them well then? You said that if Liverpool can't hold onto a 2 point lead with 3 games to play and one against the 2nd place team it would be "the biggest choke job in the history of this sport or any". I'm not even going to bother with the numerous examples in sport where the fall has been greater and faster. But...you should know that being a big sports fan and all.

Whether you're trying to say one thing or another its still just a dumb statement.

Nothing has fallen into this teams lap. They've overcome immense odds to be where they are. And I hope they can finish it. Chelsea , Arsenal, United, and City unable to do their part is not lucky.

Its firmly in our hands for sure. But because of what the team has done. Not what others havent
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:32 pm
  • A 2 point lead that could become 5 by beating Norwich, do that and win against Chelsea and the title's pretty much decided. The red carpet's been rolled out for Liverpool to walk to the trophy because of teams like City and Chelsea coughing up points against inferior opposition. Liverpool have a hand on the trophy, it's up to them to ensure they get the other on it now.

I don't even know why I keep coming on this forum when anything I say is automatically called a "dumb statement", told to shut up when I didn't say anything rude, and have to listen to you jack offs badmouth Arsenal no matter what they do(poor performance or not).
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:59 am
  • It was a dumb comment Gate. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and own it...

That's 3 points closer! What an immense game for young Sterling. Definitely missed Henderson today, especially late on. Hope Sturridge is fit for Chelsea.

5 point lead with 3 to play. What an atmosphere next week will make.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:22 am
  • So what'll it look like if Man City win and Liverpool & Chelsea tie?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:So what'll it look like if Man City win and Liverpool & Chelsea tie?

Wouldn't matter. No matter how Liverpool gets 7 points in the last three games guarantees the title. A draw against Chelsea would be disappointing, but wouldn't derail anything.
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 pm
  • Finally was able to watch the match. Very solid win by the Toffees today. :mrgreen:
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 pm
  • Fantastic performance by Arsenal today, best one in a EPL game in months and best one since Everton in the FA Cup quarterfinals. I knew from the onset Hull was gonna come at them without fear and the Gunners dealt with the pressure well. Ramsey and Ozil's individual performances today also showed how much we missed them both being on the field at the same time, though it also left us wondering about what could've been had it not been for their injuries. If Arsenal play this way next month in the FA Cup final, with Jelavic and Long(Hull's 2 biggest threats today) cup tied as an added bonus, that 9 year drought is as good as over with.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 am
  • razgriz737 wrote:Finally was able to watch the match. Very solid win by the Toffees today. :mrgreen:

So impressed with Everton. Despite their (albeit diminishing) rivalry with their Merseyside neighbors I am pulling for them to get the last Champions League place.

They deserve it. Well coached, hungry and exciting. The only thing holding them back is a bit more depth. Martinez is a fantastic manager. Innovative and true to an appealing style if football. No excuses on his end when it doesn't work
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:31 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Woah!

Oh well, it was a fun ride while it lasted. Hopefully the bring in someone who is equally as incompetent. Love how United were all "We give managers time", and now they're all "Did we say that?". Lovely.

He really was a bad fit. They've been awful this season. Not all his fault. United (and Ferguson) had plenty of understanding as to who David Moyes was a manager. His players tossed in the towel a month or so ago on him.

I think they had to do it though. They had to get in the queue. I think its safe to say we could be looking at some very big job openings this summer: Barcelona, United and possibly Dortmund (if Klopp takes a bigger job), Arsenal (if Wenger hangs it up or moves to France), Everton (i feel like Martinez may be in line for Barca), Atleti (I also feel like Simeone will be highly courted), Bayern (Pep has made no apologies for his style of play there. if they dont win the CL I could see him asked to move on), City (does Pelligrini get another year if they dont win the Prem) and even Chelsea (same with Mourinho, if they dont win the Prem or CL does the mad Russian have the patience for his embarrassing antics)

Anyways, I feel for Moyes. such a tough position to walk into. he was never the right manager for it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:59 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9276770/sky-sources-david-moyes-facing-sack-as-manchester-united-manager-in-next-24-hours

Well, there you go. Looks like he won't last the day.

Moyes has cost them so much money it's staggering. Just the buyout clause alone is in the range of 10million plus the absence of UCL money as well.

I don't watch a ton of UTD, but to me it seems they need a vast squad overhaul if they want to be taken seriously next year.

Don't the owners of this club already operate in the red?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9276770/sky-sources-david-moyes-facing-sack-as-manchester-united-manager-in-next-24-hours

Well, there you go. Looks like he won't last the day.

Moyes has cost them so much money it's staggering. Just the buyout clause alone is in the range of 10million plus the absence of UCL money as well.

I don't watch a ton of UTD, but to me it seems they need a vast squad overhaul if they want to be taken seriously next year.

Don't the owners of this club already operate in the red?

It's the Glazers - of TB Bucs fame - so yeah. the squad is really bad. RVP will go in the summer, Rooney's on 300k a week and is $h!t, the midfield is a joke, the defense is a joke. De Gea's not bad, I suppose....

I mean who if we were playing fantasy league manager with the UTD squad, who would stay?

I think De Gea is quite good, Januzaj could become good, and you're stuck with Rooney one way or another. Fellaini maybe?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:14 am
  • agree on the squad limitation. It really hampered Moyes ability to develop his team. Their are massive holes everywhere. I can see RvP, Hernandez AND Rooney all moving on to be honest. Vidic is obviously gone already, and what new manager wants to take on Fellaini. Mata has shown why Mourinho was so glad to see him move on.

Its going to take 2-3 very good windows to rebuild the team, and thats with keeping on the likes of Evra, Jones, Young, Welbeck, etc, none of whom I rate as CL material as players.

one thing is for sure, they should hold off on building any Ferguson statues. he left them in this mess.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:agree on the squad limitation. It really hampered Moyes ability to develop his team. Their are massive holes everywhere. I can see RvP, Hernandez AND Rooney all moving on to be honest. Vidic is obviously gone already, and what new manager wants to take on Fellaini. Mata has shown why Mourinho was so glad to see him move on.

Its going to take 2-3 very good windows to rebuild the team, and thats with keeping on the likes of Evra, Jones, Young, Welbeck, etc, none of whom I rate as CL material as players.

one thing is for sure, they should hold off on building any Ferguson statues. he left them in this mess.

Pish. He won them the league last year with the same squad of players. The team needed rebuilding this summer and there should have been whole changes. That didn't happen but that isn't on Ferguson. Moyes got left out to dry when Gill quit the same time as Ferguson and they arsed about in the transfer window over the summer. If Gill had stayed they would have got a couple of their signings. The owners messed up by letting them leave at the same time, if anything keep Gill to January. Moyes made a mistake sacking the background staff there. I understand he wanted his own guys but his Assistant looks useless. During the summer he signed Felliani for pretty big bucks with no one leaving. Even last season Man Utd's defence was suspect when Evra went out. Scholes and Giggs have needed replaced as well. There should have been a clear out last summer which didn't happen.

In January the only players that left was Anderson. Guys like Ferdinand, Evra are done. Rooney and Van Persie have been injured/inconsistent. Mata is a good player but he hasn't been great and they probably overpaid.

I have no idea who they go for as coach. Klopp said he is staying in Germany. Van Gaal can be a good coach but doesn't seem to last long at places. I'd bet Blanc or Ancelotti. This team needs major investment. They need quality players but it's going to be difficult to get rid of players who are overpaid and no one wants. Giving Nani a 5 year deal for example.

In the last 20 years, Man United have never really signed world class players at their peak. Usually only talented young guys coming into their peak like Ronaldo who they can get a good 5 years out of experienced veterans- Yorke, Sheringham. Veron maybe Ferdinand are the exceptions to that.

I wonder if the Glazers will be up to the challenge and cough up the money.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 pm
  • No disagreement on the issues that plague them Glasgow... I just feel like Ferguson should shoulder dome of the responsibility as well. He knew the condition of his team when he resigned. There was little transfer movement in place prior to Moyes appointment which didn't help the cause.

In the end its organizational... But since Ferguson was THE organization prior to his retirement he deserves some blame for its inability to sustain itself without him.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:15 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:No disagreement on the issues that plague them Glasgow... I just feel like Ferguson should shoulder dome of the responsibility as well. He knew the condition of his team when he resigned. There was little transfer movement in place prior to Moyes appointment which didn't help the cause.

In the end its organizational... But since Ferguson was THE organization prior to his retirement he deserves some blame for its inability to sustain itself without him.

How could he have done that though? I could understand maybe if he hadn't won the league but he got everything he could out of that team last year. It makes me think there wasn't much money available to spend for the rebuild. If he rebuilt that squad and they flopped there would also be criticism that he spent the money that Moyes would have needed to sign his own players.

It's a luxury for most managers to come into a job and not have to rebuild. Probably Barcelona after Pep left, Real Madrid after Mourinho and Bayern last year are teams recently who's new managers wouldn't have to, although Barcelona are coming to that time where they need a new defence, goal keeper and Xavi replacement.

If there was one criticism of Ferguson, it would be that he left behind a culture of expectation from the fans. No manager could meet those expectations with that squad in under a year. Man Utd fans have been spoiled with success and are now spitting the dummy out. Can you imagine Brendan Rodgers at Man Utd instead of Liverpool last year, he'd be gone now.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:03 pm
  • Also weren't the Glazers relying on Champions League money to keep up debt repayments? I wonder if they'll sell up now? The sponsors can't be happy about it.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:49 pm
  • On another note, ISWT, did you know we might win the league this year?[/quote]

Nothing I want more, sir!
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 am

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:06 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Oh, no doubt, Simon. I'm sure Buck is falling for nothing. Still, they'll be without Cech and Terry for sure, no word on Ramires, Hazard is still not match fit, and they'll be fatigued from that match last night. Not that I think Liverpool need all of those advantages, but I think it plays into our hands for the weekend.

If Mourinho were smart, he really WOULD rest his first team, since they have a MUCH higher chance of winning the CL than they do the league.

Oh I agree... and if he does I think most would understand it.

I just don't buy into his PR machine protecting himself. No need to spell it all out in the press. The fact he said he had to check with the club was interesting. I'd be surprised to see Schurrle, Luiz, Oscar, Ba/Torres or Hazard for much if any of the game. Maybe Hazard for a run in at the end to test his fitness. The turnound is 3 days to get a result against a good Atleti side. Lampard will play Sunday as he's ruled out of the return leg.

Interesting dilemma he has on his hands for use.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 am
  • That might be it for the Top 4 race. As harsh as it is, Everton May have kicked, I mean headed, themselves out of the running with that loss. All Arsenal have to do is beat Newcastle and West Brom and May 11th will be the most comfortable season finale for Arsenal fans in quite a while.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:02 am
  • Bummer for Everton. Their lack if depth (and experience) reared itself again.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:26 am
  • It was a really tall task for Everton in the end. Now the match against City is must win if they want any hope of Top 4 that's still remaining.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:14 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Can't see Everton getting 4th now. Newcastle are about the closest thing to a guaranteed 3 points you can get these days. Arsenal will finish at least 4th, maybe higher if Chelsea or City just collapse from here on out. Doubtful, but you never know.

Expecting a Liverpool win tomorrow. I'm recording it, as I'll not get to see it live. Not sure how the City/Palace match will go. Palace don't really have anything to play for anymore. They can't get into Europe, and they can't get relegated. Having said that, if Liverpool win, City might feel that they have no chance to win the league, so they might not care anymore. Things could get weird...

All it takes is one domino to fall for total chaos to ensue.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:25 pm
  • 12 hours 35 minutes…...
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:22 pm
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:12 hours 35 minutes…...

Biggest game since Norwich...

Biggest game until Palace...

(But f*** all I want to destroy the Plastics)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information