Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013-14 EPL Season

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: 2013-14 EPL Season
Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:08 am
  • well it took until April 27th for Liverpool to lose a league game. Fair play to Chelsea.

Need all 6 and just a tiny bit of help now
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 am

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:08 am

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:31 am
  • Man City back to controlling their own destiny.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:56 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Bwahaha haha ha hahahaha...lololololol...Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha haha

David Moyes statue unveiled outside Anfield in publicity stunt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z306vPDbU5

He who laughs last laughs longest!!!!

I dont get it...is Moyes laughing because he was fired? Or United laughing because they will finish 7th?

Whose laughing?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:58 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Stay Classy Liverpool...
    http://www.joe.ie/news/current-affairs/ ... -graffiti/

Yeah... There's not idiot fans for every team is there..(I love how this was 2 weeks ago as well). If I remember you were one of those idiots earlier in this very thread. Shame your a Hawks fan to be honest

Funny it took nearly 5 months for United fans to have a loss to on Liverpool to come out of hiding

That's classy...such a nob
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:00 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Here, Seabhac, could be worse. We could be 7th with no manager and a $h!t squad.

Hard loss to take today, but fair play to chelsea and Mourinho. Played their cards exactly right. Title is far from decided. City have a tough one against a fighting Villa side, then away to Everton in what could prove to be a HUGE match in deciding the title.

All Liverpool can do now is win their last two and hope for the best. Still immensely proud of the 'pool his year no matter what. Fighting all the way to the end, and can finish no worse than third. If you'd offered me that at the beginning of the season, I'd have jumped on it, and so would most teams fans, if their honest.

I still firmly believe 6 points wins us the title
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:well it took until April 27th for Liverpool to lose a league game. Fair play to Chelsea.

It's gotta feel a bit weird that of all teams Liverpool might get help from, is Everton?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:59 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:well it took until April 27th for Liverpool to lose a league game. Fair play to Chelsea.

It's gotta feel a bit weird that of all teams Liverpool might get help from, is Everton?

Not for me Gate. Peaches may feel differently. I've been pulling for Everton to snap up the last CL spot since our place was pretty much secured. Any long running biases have faded since Moyes and Fellaini left. Mirallas could do one for all I care but I think Martinez a top top manager and classy individual.

I will be huge fans of them, West Ham, Villa, Andy Carrol, Stuart Downing, etc the next two weeks.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:well it took until April 27th for Liverpool to lose a league game. Fair play to Chelsea.

Not for me Gate. Peaches may feel differently. I've been pulling for Everton to snap up the last CL spot since our place was pretty much secured. Any long running biases have faded since Moyes and Fellaini left. Mirallas could do one for all I care but I think Martinez a top top manager and classy individual.

I will be huge fans of them, West Ham, Villa, Andy Carrol, Stuart Downing, etc the next two weeks.

Second'd

Props to you then, cause I'd violently vomit if Arsenal ever needed help from Tottenham for something.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:35 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Meaningless sentiment, Gate. If the Seahawks needed SF to win their last game of the season so that the 'Hawks could get the #1 seed, then I would want the 9ers to win. Everton don't bother me so much since they've been mediocre most of my life. And I'm with Si, they have a class manager and play good football. Hope they thump City.

You do understand the hatred and near animosity that Arsenal fans and Spurs fans have for each other?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Brilliant performance from the Gunners today, having Ozil and Ramsey back has been like a breath of fresh air, too little too late for the league title though but I won't dwell on it. All Arsenal need to do next week is avoid a loss against West Brom next week and they'll be in the Champions League yet again.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 pm
    Gatehawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Meaningless sentiment, Gate. If the Seahawks needed SF to win their last game of the season so that the 'Hawks could get the #1 seed, then I would want the 9ers to win. Everton don't bother me so much since they've been mediocre most of my life. And I'm with Si, they have a class manager and play good football. Hope they thump City.

You do understand the hatred and near animosity that Arsenal fans and Spurs fans have for each other?

Yes, I do. If Man United were playing against City this weekend, I would want them to win and wouldn't feel weird about it. there's no moral high-ground here. I just want Liverpool to win the title. Don't care who we get help from to make that happen.

yeah i dont understand the logic in suggesting otherwise. there is no way Gate you wouldnt fnd it easy to root for Spurs to beat a team that gifted you a title (or, for realism, 4th place)

Everton supporters may have a different take, as their win would gift their rivals a championship and bragging rights over the longest football rivaly in the top flight. But Everton-Liverpool is a bit different than "noisy neighbor" stuff.

edit...did Gate just take a selfie?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Gate, if that's you, you look like a Mong. Also, I can't read those childish heiroglyphs....what does that say?

I think he's filming Goonies 2.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:38 pm
  • It was done quickly(my hand writting isn't exactly great regardless) and it says Happy St Totteringham's Day, as Arsenal's win makes it mathmatically impossible for Spurs to, yet again, finish above Arsenal.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:48 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:It was done quickly(my hand writting isn't exactly great regardless) and it says Happy St Totteringham's Day, as Arsenal's win makes it mathmatically impossible for Spurs to, yet again, finish above Arsenal.

yes, we know what that means. quite witty those Arsenal fans
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 am
    Gatehawk wrote:It was done quickly(my hand writting isn't exactly great regardless) and it says Happy St Totteringham's Day, as Arsenal's win makes it mathmatically impossible for Spurs to, yet again, finish above Arsenal.

Mong.

You need to chill out mate. Some of these might help:

UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:48 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:It was done quickly(my hand writting isn't exactly great regardless) and it says Happy St Totteringham's Day, as Arsenal's win makes it mathmatically impossible for Spurs to, yet again, finish above Arsenal.

Mong.

was Giggsy wearing a pair when he slipped into his sister in law?

(seriously, though, the irony of the slip given the nature of the last 3 weeks is both sad and hilarious. proof that if God exists he pays zero attention to sports.)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 am
  • I'm rooting for City simply to piss off as many people in this thread as possible. :)
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:I'm rooting for City simply to piss off as many people in this thread as possible. :)

come on Jay!

Seahawks=Liverpool FC. Its symmetry at a cellular level.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:I'm rooting for City simply to piss off as many people in this thread as possible. :)

come on Jay!

Best support/Loudest fans - Anfield, Century link
    Leagues most controversial star - Suarez, Sherman
    Coaches/managers who are taking the clubs to new heights - Rodgers, Carroll
    Both a premier offseason destination for players

What else?
    InSuarezWeTrust
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:08 am
  • InSuarezWeTrust wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:I'm rooting for City simply to piss off as many people in this thread as possible. :)

come on Jay!

Best support/Loudest fans - Anfield, Century link
    Leagues most controversial star - Suarez, Sherman
    Coaches/managers who are taking the clubs to new heights - Rodgers, Carroll
    Both a premier offseason destination for players

What else?

industrious port cities
    long stretching foreign support
    huge disdain for near rivals with more titles and a-hole of a coach
    the last 25 years of the two teams histories are almost identical
    I heart them both with equal yet unequivocal passion
    both won a championship in 2014 (right?)(RIGHT?!)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:I'm rooting for City simply to piss off as many people in this thread as possible. :)

booooooooo
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:22 am
  • So seeing as the PFA released their Team of the Year, with a few questionable omissions, what's everyone's team of the season?
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:So seeing as the PFA released their Team of the Year, with a few questionable omissions, what's everyone's team of the season?

Didnt have a problem with it. What "notable omissions"?

Maybe Lukaku deserves a spot. Aguero certainly was on his way until the injury. I love the back line. Maybe De Gea over Cech.

A more enjoyable exercise is to create your top 11 but you can only use one player from any given team.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:So seeing as the PFA released their Team of the Year, with a few questionable omissions, what's everyone's team of the season?

Maybe Lukaku deserves a spot. Aguero certainly was on his way until the injury. I love the back line. Maybe De Gea over Cech.

A more enjoyable exercise is to create your top 11 but you can only use one player from any given team.

by omission I meant ones who may have been in the team if not for something like injuries. And try that if you want, that might take a bit lol.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 am
  • Gatehawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:So seeing as the PFA released their Team of the Year, with a few questionable omissions, what's everyone's team of the season?

by omission I meant ones who may have been in the team if not for something like injuries. And try that if you want, that might take a bit lol.

Ramsey for sure was on his way. Aguero as well, although Sturridge missed nearly as many games.

Its a fun exercise, and harder than you think

GK: De Gea (MU)
    LB: Baines (Everton); CB1: Caulker (Cardiff), CB2: Kocielny (Arsenal), RB: DeBuchy (Newcastle)
    LM: Hazard (Chelsea), CM1: Toure (City), CM2: Ericksen (Spurs) RM: Lallana (So'ton)
    Stk1: Bony (Swansea), Stk2: Suarez (Liverpool)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu May 01, 2014 4:46 pm
  • [quote="peachesenregalia"]Here, Seabhac, could be worse. We could be 7th with no manager and a $h!t squad.

quote]

...... And to be fair, as a Liverpool fan you should know all about coming in seventh or lower in the Prem.
    Don't worry - we'll be back and it won't take a quarter of a century either.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Thu May 01, 2014 4:47 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:

Mong.

Pure Class!
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Thu May 01, 2014 4:52 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:

come on Jay!

I just puked my guts out - Stick your F**king Liverpool up your arse
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:Bwahaha haha ha hahahaha...lololololol...Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha haha

I dont get it...is Moyes laughing because he was fired? Or United laughing because they will finish 7th?

Whose laughing?

OK Let me explain it to you. It was funny because before the match the Liverpool fans thought the "Quest for 19" was a mere formality and that they would easily beat the Rent Boys. Then Stevie Me imploded and allowed the otherwise benign Demba Ba in to score the decisive goal. So....all the Liverpool fans were having a good laugh at Uniteds expense before the game, but after the game the laugh was on them - Thus "He who laughs last laughs longest"

Myself - I have had a smile on my face all week. :D
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Thu May 01, 2014 5:42 pm
    Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Whose laughing?

OK Let me explain it to you. It was funny because before the match the Liverpool fans thought the "Quest for 19" was a mere formality and that they would easily beat the Rent Boys. Then Stevie Me imploded and allowed the otherwise benign Demba Ba in to score the decisive goal. So....all the Liverpool fans were having a good laugh at Uniteds expense before the game, but after the game the laugh was on them - Thus "He who laughs last laughs longest"

Yeah, I suppose when you support a small mid-table club you have to find joy wherever you can get it.

At least we got some Silverware this year
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Thu May 01, 2014 9:55 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Whose laughing?

Boy you are a sad one aren't you?

Always enjoyable to see that.

By the way...we are all still having a good laugh at United.

Clown
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 03, 2014 9:44 am
  • Nice to see Sunderland continue their great escape. Now c'mon City!
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat May 03, 2014 10:51 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

I'm afraid we will need Villa or West ham to do the business at the Etihad. Tough task
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 03, 2014 11:31 am
  • First time in my life hoping for a City Win....
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Sat May 03, 2014 11:42 am
  • Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

Great game with Sunderland...

You must be proud
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 03, 2014 3:16 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

Clutching at straws youth. Kompany got the ball.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 03, 2014 3:47 pm
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

Talking out of your arse.

I agree with both of you
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

You must be proud

Our Season ended long ago....and no one on Uniteds squad wants to see John O'Shea and Wes Brown in the Championship next year.

Speaking of John O'Shea....one of my favorite goals ever was when John O'Shea Scored At Anfield Road in last minute and we were down to 10 men after Scholes was sent off by a foul against Alonso. We won the Premiership that year, largely because of that goal and win at the dustbin. Chelsea came in 2nd and Liverpool came in 3rd 21 points behind us. That year was 2007 and that was our 16th title.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Sat May 03, 2014 5:32 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:First time in my life hoping for a City Win....

You must be proud

Our Season ended long ago....and no one on Uniteds squad wants to see John O'Shea and Wes Brown in the Championship next year.

Speaking of John O'Shea....one of my favorite goals ever was when John O'Shea Scored At Anfield Road in last minute and we were down to 10 men after Scholes was sent off by a foul against Alonso. We won the Premiership that year, largely because of that goal and win at the dustbin. Chelsea came in 2nd and Liverpool came in 3rd 21 points behind us. That year was 2007 and that was our 16th title.

Glory days....you my friend may be a Liverpool fan after all...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 03, 2014 11:57 pm
  • At least Barkley got the 5th top play on Sports Center. That was a fantastic goal.
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 am
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Evertone should have had a penalty. DIsgusted. Still, I'm gonna go for a Desmond here. 2-2.

You need to stop looking through your red tinted glasses as it's making you look like a twat.

You sound like a Whiner chiming on about what might have been.

Liverpool are the 49ers of the EPL.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 5:45 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:

You need to stop looking through your red tinted glasses as it's making you look like a twat.

You sound like a Whiner chiming on about what might have been.

Liverpool are the 49ers of the EPL.

And you're the douche of the thread.

Yeah for you.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun May 04, 2014 6:14 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

I'd be bitter and upset if my team had choked too. Go to the webzone and learn how to deal with it like they do.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 6:28 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

I'd be bitter and upset if my team had choked too. Go to the webzone and learn how to deal with it like they do.

Neither really..hell of a season thus far. just think you're on a wind up and an arrogant douche for doing..much like those 9er fans you enjoy talking about.

Might be you whos on the wrong board their sporto
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun May 04, 2014 10:21 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Yeah for you.

Neither really..hell of a season thus far. just think you're on a wind up and an arrogant douche for doing..much like those 9er fans you enjoy talking about.

Might be you whos on the wrong board their sporto

You and that other Scouse wannabe give all types of $h!t to that Arsenal fan but when you get a bit back you accuse people of being arrogant, on a wind up or that they are talking out of their arse.

The hypocrisy, hard luck stories and undeserved entitlement based on achievements from years ago is very much the MO of a whiner fan. It's typical Scouser behaviour also. Never your fault is it?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 am
  • Thanks for the sit down dad. Your bitterness is pretty funny. Classy throwing in the Hillsborough reference at the end. Its like you emerged from webzones ooze. Lost on you though isn't?

Go find us the hardluck stories, entitlement or hypocrisy in the thread from Liverpool fans UK. Go on...

Nope UK.you win the thread by losing. Wannabes eh? That make you a wannabes Hawks fan? Sounders too?

Laughable if it wasn't sad
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun May 04, 2014 11:28 am
  • Can someone explain to me why the schedule makers don't have the top teams playing each other on the final day? It's not like they don't have a pretty good idea who the top 6-8 teams are going to be every year.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun May 04, 2014 12:18 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Can someone explain to me why the schedule makers don't have the top teams playing each other on the final day? It's not like they don't have a pretty good idea who the top 6-8 teams are going to be every year.

I really dont know how they do it but its a good point. Some teams have had some legitimate scheduling complaints this season. Arsenal ran a gauntlet through March, and now Norwich is basically playing the entire top 6 straight through while trying to avoid relegation. I mean in the end its all the same but there does seem to lack balance in some teams portions of their schedules
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information