Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 pm
  • Thanks Nog, I thought I had heard he went on loan for them last season. Seems a prospect. I'm excited for a Lacazette or Griezmann to join Liverpool.

    Hard to say if its all true... but apparently Liverpool have transferred Borini to Sunderland and have brought in Remy..

    I guess we will get to see first hand if Remy is better than Sturridge. Brilliant move if its all true.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:21 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thanks Nog, I thought I had heard he went on loan for them last season. Seems a prospect. I'm excited for a Lacazette or Griezmann to join Liverpool.

    Hard to say if its all true... but apparently Liverpool have transferred Borini to Sunderland and have brought in Remy..

    I guess we will get to see first hand if Remy is better than Sturridge. Brilliant move if its all true.


    I'm hearing the same thing. 8 mil for Remy, but his wage demands wee a sticking point. Sounds like they may have agreed terms though.

    Borini will do well at Sunderland, he was massive for them last term and I'm happy to see him land in a team that he fits.



    Yeah he just never fit in, same with Aspas. if Ayre has managed to offload Borini, Aspas and Assaidi (to Stoke) for their reported fees (roughly 21 million) and brought in Remy he should get a statue.

    Now... about these Marco Reus rumors...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Thanks Nog, I thought I had heard he went on loan for them last season. Seems a prospect. I'm excited for a Lacazette or Griezmann to join Liverpool.

    Hard to say if its all true... but apparently Liverpool have transferred Borini to Sunderland and have brought in Remy..

    I guess we will get to see first hand if Remy is better than Sturridge. Brilliant move if its all true.

    If you guys can make Griezmann that would be huge!

    Anyway, as I said before, Sturridge is better than Rémy. Doesn't mean that he doesn't have skills:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druvmWa1454

    At this time, I was a huge fan of him (he was playing for Nice). Afterward, he lost himself partying too much in Marseille...
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:45 pm
  • Nog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Thanks Nog, I thought I had heard he went on loan for them last season. Seems a prospect. I'm excited for a Lacazette or Griezmann to join Liverpool.

    Hard to say if its all true... but apparently Liverpool have transferred Borini to Sunderland and have brought in Remy..

    I guess we will get to see first hand if Remy is better than Sturridge. Brilliant move if its all true.

    If you guys can make Griezmann that would be huge!

    Anyway, as I said before, Sturridge is better than Rémy. Doesn't mean that he doesn't have skills:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=druvmWa1454

    At this time, I was a huge fan of him (he was playing for Nice). Afterward, he lost himself partying too much in Marseille...


    I like Remy, but like you disagreed with UK's assessment he was better than Sturridge. But if he's at Liverpool he will make a fantastic backup to Sturridge and allow Rodgers to go into his diamond-2 formation with Sturridge-Remy up top together when the situation arises
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:57 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I like Remy, but like you disagreed with UK's assessment he was better than Sturridge. But if he's at Liverpool he will make a fantastic backup to Sturridge and allow Rodgers to go into his diamond-2 formation with Sturridge-Remy up top together

    Here is one thing. This assessment came from UK analysts, and sometimes it is NFL alike. I mean they don't look at the whole picture. I wonder how many Rémy games have them seen before he came to the Premier League?

    I also wonder if they know Rémy is a sub in the French national team? He had barely played in this World Cup.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:01 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I've heard 12M for Borini and 7M for Assaidi. Good solid business, considering we paid under 10 for Borini and like 2 for Assaidi. Also over 50M profit from the Suarez sale.


    Let's not forget the Aspas deal.

    Basically Borini, Aspas and Assaidi for Can, Lambert and Remy
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 pm
  • Shaquiri to Roma.

    Saw a report. Lost the link. Forgot cost.

    Take it for what its worth.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:37 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Wow, what? I was the one praising the Sanchez signing, and said it was massive for you. I also praised the signings of Giroud and Ozil, AND I said that Kedhira would be a big help if you guys land him. Stop being an arsehole. Debuchy just isn't a great right-back. Newcastle shipped goals galore last season, and he was a big reason why, IMO. He is too hesitant to commit to a tackle, and is lost against pacey wingers who can turn inside on a dime. Definitely a massive downgrade over Sagna.


    You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:59 am
  • I know personally that national team selection is the absolute barometric evaluator of a players worth.

    Its certainly why Glen Johnson started for England. R Fred for Brazil. Klose for Germany...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:15 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    Wow, what? I was the one praising the Sanchez signing, and said it was massive for you. I also praised the signings of Giroud and Ozil, AND I said that Kedhira would be a big help if you guys land him. Stop being an arsehole. Debuchy just isn't a great right-back. Newcastle shipped goals galore last season, and he was a big reason why, IMO. He is too hesitant to commit to a tackle, and is lost against pacey wingers who can turn inside on a dime. Definitely a massive downgrade over Sagna.


    You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?


    Are you still here? Have you not already embarrassed yourself enough in this thread?


    Couldnt answer the question so goes for an insult. Guess you lost again.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:17 pm
  • I answered it...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:I know personally that national team selection is the absolute barometric evaluator of a players worth.

    Its certainly why Glen Johnson started for England. R Fred for Brazil. Klose for Germany...


    Who would you have played instead of those first 2? What Brazilian forwards are better and were dropped, same for Johnson, which better English RB missed out? Klose is the all time best goalscorer in the world cup.

    Pathetic argument.

    It seems clear that the France manager rates Debuchy higher, I bet Wenger does to. Your homerism is blinding your judgement.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:33 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Nog wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!


    There's no point arguing with him, Nog. Not worth it.


    All I said, is that Debuchy is better than Sagna and most people agree it seems.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:00 pm
  • So because Brazil didn't have a better striker than Fred they should just continue to throw him out there, waste the space and ignore it?

    That's a pathetic argument. Just as it was poor managing. How'd Brazil end up?

    Way to ignore the other two as well. You'd take Klose over Gotze? Well you might as you'd take Remy over Sturridge.

    Wenger offered Sagna a chance to stay. Sagna wanted high wages. Debuchy is their second maybe even third choice. Try Google if these things get confusing.

    Your inability to formulate tangible thoughts behind "because I said so" is a little sad. But keep pressing on if you must. One day it may evolve into a coherent conversation. You're picking fights because you don't like Liverpool... Or me. But you're doing an awful job of supporting your arguments.

    Me being a Liverpool fan has no bearing on Debuchy sucking. He's not very good. Serviceable sure. I'd take him over Johnson.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:27 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Sounding like USMNT and Sporting KC player Matt Besler will turn down a move to Europe (Sunderland and Fulham have bids in) and instead re-sign with his hometown KC based mls club.



    Dont mind that. The cbacks will do just fine developing in the MLS. its the more technical players that need the promotion. Plus, Besler sticks around to mentor Palmer until he leaves in 1-2 years.

    Today SKC announced that both Besler and Graham Zusi have signed new DP deals through 2018.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10669
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:31 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Sounding like USMNT and Sporting KC player Matt Besler will turn down a move to Europe (Sunderland and Fulham have bids in) and instead re-sign with his hometown KC based mls club.



    Dont mind that. The cbacks will do just fine developing in the MLS. its the more technical players that need the promotion. Plus, Besler sticks around to mentor Palmer until he leaves in 1-2 years.

    Today SKC announced that both Besler and Graham Zusi have signed new DP deals through 2018.



    Big deal for the league and american soccer. US Players are getting rewarded at home for their play.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:36 pm
  • Borini has rejected a move to Sunderland.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:12 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Borini has rejected a move to Sunderland.


    No he hasnt
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:26 pm
  • Anyway, I'm done arguing about Debuchy. I wouldn't have to see him playing in the French National Team soon.

    Btw, no one mentioned here that Newcastle signed Rémy Cabella. He is a really good player!!!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 pm
  • Nog wrote:Anyway, I'm done arguing about Debuchy. I wouldn't have to see him playing in the French National Team soon.

    Btw, no one mentioned here that Newcastle signed Rémy Cabella. He is a really good player!!!


    Nog you're responsible for all French ayer and league news here.

    Good move for Newcastle...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:06 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Nog you're responsible for all French ayer and league news here.

    Good move for Newcastle...

    OK I can do that :mrgreen:

    I hope Cabella will make them forgotten Hatem Ben Arfa. Seriously, this guy is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:53 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:So because Brazil didn't have a better striker than Fred they should just continue to throw him out there, waste the space and ignore it?

    That's a pathetic argument. Just as it was poor managing. How'd Brazil end up?

    Way to ignore the other two as well. You'd take Klose over Gotze? Well you might as you'd take Remy over Sturridge.

    Wenger offered Sagna a chance to stay. Sagna wanted high wages. Debuchy is their second maybe even third choice. Try Google if these things get confusing.

    Your inability to formulate tangible thoughts behind "because I said so" is a little sad. But keep pressing on if you must. One day it may evolve into a coherent conversation. You're picking fights because you don't like Liverpool... Or me. But you're doing an awful job of supporting your arguments.

    Me being a Liverpool fan has no bearing on Debuchy sucking. He's not very good. Serviceable sure. I'd take him over Johnson.


    Your inability to understand simple arguments baffles me. Fred played up front because he's the best striker Brazil have, simple as that. Doesnt mean he's a good striker.

    Likewise the France manager picked Debuchy ahead of Sagna so it's reasonable to conclude Debuchy is better than Sagna. Your homer Liverpool buddy hates Arsenal so he said Sagna was better and then he lost the argument and resorted to insults.

    You are trying to change the argument which is another tactic people do when they have lost an argument.

    I said Debuchy is better than Sagna and he is. You started banging on about irrelevant stuff.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:02 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    No, you also said I didn't know what I was talking about. This from the guy who said no-one would pay even close to 70 mil for Suarez (he was sold for 75 mil), and how Liverpool paid a load for Lambert (they paid 4 million), and how Lambert was $h!t (averaging 14 PL goals a season the last 2 seasons).

    Just because Debuchy > Sagna, does not mean Debuchy is a good player. He's not.


    Someone is clearly bitter that Arsenal have had a much superior transfer window so far. They have added quality whilst Liverpool have added squad players for ridiculous prices. I can understand your pain and sympathise.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:26 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So because Brazil didn't have a better striker than Fred they should just continue to throw him out there, waste the space and ignore it?

    That's a pathetic argument. Just as it was poor managing. How'd Brazil end up?

    Way to ignore the other two as well. You'd take Klose over Gotze? Well you might as you'd take Remy over Sturridge.

    Wenger offered Sagna a chance to stay. Sagna wanted high wages. Debuchy is their second maybe even third choice. Try Google if these things get confusing.

    Your inability to formulate tangible thoughts behind "because I said so" is a little sad. But keep pressing on if you must. One day it may evolve into a coherent conversation. You're picking fights because you don't like Liverpool... Or me. But you're doing an awful job of supporting your arguments.

    Me being a Liverpool fan has no bearing on Debuchy sucking. He's not very good. Serviceable sure. I'd take him over Johnson.


    Your inability to understand simple arguments baffles me. Fred played up front because he's the best striker Brazil have, simple as that. Doesnt mean he's a good striker.

    Likewise the France manager picked Debuchy ahead of Sagna so it's reasonable to conclude Debuchy is better than Sagna. Your homer Liverpool buddy hates Arsenal so he said Sagna was better and then he lost the argument and resorted to insults.

    You are trying to change the argument which is another tactic people do when they have lost an argument.

    I said Debuchy is better than Sagna and he is. You started banging on about irrelevant stuff.


    But Debuchy is not better than Sagna. The fact that one manager believed so is not conclusive. Especially considering its the World Cup and we have a litany of statd to show otherwise.

    Your Fred argument is equally worthless. Spain won a World Cup without a striker. Brazil's manager couldn't adjust to his squads weaknesses.

    The bitter one here is you. You don't support any of your arguments with salient points. Its not even having a discussion. Its just you stating a point and getting weepy when someone disagrees

    Anyways I'm over it. Not much soccer talk in you so its pointless. Shame is there aren't many of us.

    Let's sum up....

    Remy is better than Sturridge despite the obvious
    Debuchy is better than Sagna again despite the obvious
    Arsenal have had a superior window because they signed one very good player and one average player
    Liverpool have now signed 5 players including a player you claim is better than the second highest goal scorer in the PL, sold a player for 75 mil despite you claiming they'd get nowhere near that.

    Brilliant...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Borini has rejected a move to Sunderland.


    No he hasnt



    Just reporting what I've read in various places.

    Quickest google for source:

    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/deal- ... di-marzio/

    Flew to the US with the team...

    Bummer really. With Remy in he doesn't have a purpose.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 am
  • Without Suarez I still suspect he will get some time...not like he would at Sunderland though.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:45 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So because Brazil didn't have a better striker than Fred they should just continue to throw him out there, waste the space and ignore it?

    That's a pathetic argument. Just as it was poor managing. How'd Brazil end up?

    Way to ignore the other two as well. You'd take Klose over Gotze? Well you might as you'd take Remy over Sturridge.

    Wenger offered Sagna a chance to stay. Sagna wanted high wages. Debuchy is their second maybe even third choice. Try Google if these things get confusing.

    Your inability to formulate tangible thoughts behind "because I said so" is a little sad. But keep pressing on if you must. One day it may evolve into a coherent conversation. You're picking fights because you don't like Liverpool... Or me. But you're doing an awful job of supporting your arguments.

    Me being a Liverpool fan has no bearing on Debuchy sucking. He's not very good. Serviceable sure. I'd take him over Johnson.


    Your inability to understand simple arguments baffles me. Fred played up front because he's the best striker Brazil have, simple as that. Doesnt mean he's a good striker.

    Likewise the France manager picked Debuchy ahead of Sagna so it's reasonable to conclude Debuchy is better than Sagna. Your homer Liverpool buddy hates Arsenal so he said Sagna was better and then he lost the argument and resorted to insults.

    You are trying to change the argument which is another tactic people do when they have lost an argument.

    I said Debuchy is better than Sagna and he is. You started banging on about irrelevant stuff.


    But Debuchy is not better than Sagna. The fact that one manager believed so is not conclusive. Especially considering its the World Cup and we have a litany of statd to show otherwise.

    Your Fred argument is equally worthless. Spain won a World Cup without a striker. Brazil's manager couldn't adjust to his squads weaknesses.

    The bitter one here is you. You don't support any of your arguments with salient points. Its not even having a discussion. Its just you stating a point and getting weepy when someone disagrees

    Anyways I'm over it. Not much soccer talk in you so its pointless. Shame is there aren't many of us.

    Let's sum up....

    Remy is better than Sturridge despite the obvious
    Debuchy is better than Sagna again despite the obvious
    Arsenal have had a superior window because they signed one very good player and one average player
    Liverpool have now signed 5 players including a player you claim is better than the second highest goal scorer in the PL, sold a player for 75 mil despite you claiming they'd get nowhere near that.

    Brilliant...


    Have you ever even been to a professional level game of football? You talk like some d*ck who watches a few live games on TV, reads ESPN and thinks they are somehow an expert.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3244
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:32 am
  • Ahh...UK. So charming.

    Been to a few. Worked with a fair few players and coaches at that level as well. Have a couple badges. Coach a few teams. Played in college

    Doesn't mean f--- all. But I didnt pick the game up from TV and FIFA. I don't care if our opinions match. You've just lost it though

    You're a bit rattled. Surprised it was so easy. I'll leave you be at this point. There's not much to you and now you're just being hypocritical... Whining about peaches name calling then doing it yourself.

    Thread can carry on just fine with me ignoring your tantrums
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:32 pm
  • Khedira to Arsenal for 19.5 Million Pounds.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:17 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Khedira to Arsenal for 19.5 Million Pounds.


    Not sure on that one.. Helps them a lot if true.

    Still think they'd be better off with keeping Arteta, getting a Schneiderlin type and going big for another striker

    Gate?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:59 pm
  • Schneiderlin would rather join spurs to be with his old boss than Arsenal.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:52 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Schneiderlin would rather join spurs to be with his old boss than Arsenal.


    You two hang out?

    :)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:23 pm
  • Just reading the reports....and yes, we play FIFA every Thursday.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Just reading the reports....and yes, we play FIFA every Thursday.


    You...

    Lovren official

    That should help the back line a fair bit
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:58 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So because Brazil didn't have a better striker than Fred they should just continue to throw him out there, waste the space and ignore it?

    That's a pathetic argument. Just as it was poor managing. How'd Brazil end up?

    Way to ignore the other two as well. You'd take Klose over Gotze? Well you might as you'd take Remy over Sturridge.

    Wenger offered Sagna a chance to stay. Sagna wanted high wages. Debuchy is their second maybe even third choice. Try Google if these things get confusing.

    Your inability to formulate tangible thoughts behind "because I said so" is a little sad. But keep pressing on if you must. One day it may evolve into a coherent conversation. You're picking fights because you don't like Liverpool... Or me. But you're doing an awful job of supporting your arguments.

    Me being a Liverpool fan has no bearing on Debuchy sucking. He's not very good. Serviceable sure. I'd take him over Johnson.


    Your inability to understand simple arguments baffles me. Fred played up front because he's the best striker Brazil have, simple as that. Doesnt mean he's a good striker.

    Likewise the France manager picked Debuchy ahead of Sagna so it's reasonable to conclude Debuchy is better than Sagna. Your homer Liverpool buddy hates Arsenal so he said Sagna was better and then he lost the argument and resorted to insults.

    You are trying to change the argument which is another tactic people do when they have lost an argument.

    I said Debuchy is better than Sagna and he is. You started banging on about irrelevant stuff.


    But Debuchy is not better than Sagna. The fact that one manager believed so is not conclusive. Especially considering its the World Cup and we have a litany of statd to show otherwise.

    Your Fred argument is equally worthless. Spain won a World Cup without a striker. Brazil's manager couldn't adjust to his squads weaknesses.

    The bitter one here is you. You don't support any of your arguments with salient points. Its not even having a discussion. Its just you stating a point and getting weepy when someone disagrees

    Anyways I'm over it. Not much soccer talk in you so its pointless. Shame is there aren't many of us.

    Let's sum up....

    Remy is better than Sturridge despite the obvious
    Debuchy is better than Sagna again despite the obvious
    Arsenal have had a superior window because they signed one very good player and one average player
    Liverpool have now signed 5 players including a player you claim is better than the second highest goal scorer in the PL, sold a player for 75 mil despite you claiming they'd get nowhere near that.

    Brilliant...


    Have you ever even been to a professional level game of football? You talk like some d*ck who watches a few live games on TV, reads ESPN and thinks they are somehow an expert.


    Couldn't agree more - this Twat calls you "pathetic" "worthless" "bitter" etc....while pretending to be a know it all . Never been to a Premiership match? Yeah Si...Anderlecht is in Holland?
    I have never in my life seen someone who is so far up his own arse!
    Love to meet you some day - to see if you would be as brave,insulting and arrogant in person as you are when hiding behind the anonymity of this message board.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:39 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Just reading the reports....and yes, we play FIFA every Thursday.


    You...

    Lovren official

    That should help the back line a fair bit



    I think its funny that someone called you for knowing the game for watching on TV and through Video games when that is totally me...I guess my Sounders Season Tickets and my masterclass FIFA skills are the difference. :P
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:38 am
  • Awww... to the rescue...how cute.

    We've now hit "if I ever meet you in real life" stage...epic
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Just reading the reports....and yes, we play FIFA every Thursday.


    You...

    Lovren official

    That should help the back line a fair bit



    I think its funny that someone called you for knowing the game for watching on TV and through Video games when that is totally me...I guess my Sounders Season Tickets and my masterclass FIFA skills are the difference. :P


    Its fine....I got hung up arguing things that were pointless. Oh...and I mixed up a Belgian club with a Dutch one. Shame on me.

    Were you at the Spurs game?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:58 am
  • Seeing Carvalho to Arsenal instead of Khedira.

    Gate, which one would you want?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:40 am
  • Nog wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!



    So is Sakho better than Koscielny then? :lol:
    Storts
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 164
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:48 am
  • Storts wrote:
    Nog wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!



    So is Sakho better than Koscielny then? :lol:



    wait there a minute! honestly not sure what to make of Sakho.. between him and Skrtel its like a tag team wrestling match in the area...

    what do you think of Ben Davies? not a bad signing
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:14 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Davies instantly improves that defense and is a quality replacement for Rose - who was $h!t.

    I think Sakho will come good, you know. He just needed time to settle. Good passing and is big and strong. that said, he could just never get it and be $h!t. Lovren will be a good signing, though.


    Well with Davies at Spurs and us missing on Moreno we are running out of left back options not names Enrique...I surely hope Lovren is the player that settles that group down. So hard to judge centerbacks

    I think United have their targets, and I think they are big ones. I wouldnt expect much from them in terms of quantity, but I fear they will bust it one 1-2 more high end players (Vidal/Di Maria).

    IF they can persuade them with ridiculous wages.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 20596
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Seeing Carvalho to Arsenal instead of Khedira.

    Gate, which one would you want?


    I'd say Khedira cause I've seen him play and would know what's coming into the squad. I do recall Carvalho playing for Portugal in the World Cup, but I didn't pay much attention to Portugal outside of the match vs the US.

    It also appears that Arsenal are on the verge of signing Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina from Nice. It'd be an interesting signing to say the least but he did perform well at the World Cup.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1875
    Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:29 pm
    Location: SW Florida


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:51 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Storts wrote:
    Nog wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!



    So is Sakho better than Koscielny then? :lol:



    wait there a minute! honestly not sure what to make of Sakho.. between him and Skrtel its like a tag team wrestling match in the area...

    what do you think of Ben Davies? not a bad signing


    Sakho will come good, a very premier league defender. Needs the right partner.

    Happy with it, not a world beater, but only 21 and much better than Danny Rose. Relatively good value, home grown and should improve the defence. Think we've done well.
    Storts
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 164
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:48 pm


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:50 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Were you at the Spurs game?



    Yeah, was a decent game. Odd game for three PK's to be given...
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:50 pm
  • Storts wrote:
    Nog wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:You have no idea what you are talking about, why does Debuchy start for France then over Sagna?

    Debuchy is slightly better again. Both aren't that good! If you had watched France games during the World Cup you woulda realize that our RB and LB were liabilities!



    So is Sakho better than Koscielny then? :lol:

    Same. I haven't seen any level differences between them in the French national team (except Sakho is more physical than Koscielny).

    But you know what? No matter who you put right next to Varane, he will look good!
    Last edited by Nog on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:53 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Seeing Carvalho to Arsenal instead of Khedira.

    Gate, which one would you want?



    Gate want's Khedira...because I want United to sign Carvalho...lol.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:57 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Schneiderlin would rather join spurs to be with his old boss than Arsenal.

    Sorry to recall this. I highly doubt this statement!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online