2014 Summer Transfer Window

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3ar55p0l said:
SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....

*edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.

Could be worse could spend a load on Rickie Lambert.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1c4q71vm said:
UK_Seahawk":1c4q71vm said:
peachesenregalia":1c4q71vm said:
SkySports are reporting 30 million pounds for Luke Shaw from United. Talk about over the odds. for a 19 yr old LB? Wind your neck in....

*edit* - just found out they paid 30 million for Ander Herrera, too. What is going on at Old Trafford? $60 million for two largely unproven players. Insane.

Who spent a load on Rickie Lambert?

I think that says everything.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3p48xahz said:
UK_Seahawk":3p48xahz said:
peachesenregalia":3p48xahz said:

His father?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1dgapfri said:
peachesenregalia":1dgapfri said:
UK_Seahawk":1dgapfri said:
peachesenregalia":1dgapfri said:

His father?

Funniest. Post. Ever.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK with a home run there...

Shaw and Herrera are good players and will help United. They have to pay over the odds to make sure given their current state.

Lallana is done. Great signing for us. Hoping Moreno follows, and then Sanchez (and possibly Shaqiri) as well as a CB (Lovren). its a long list, but I think Suarez will be moved (Agger and Aspas as well) Honestly, i love him as a player and I fear for our time without him. But the rest of the world just isnt as fixated at tearing him down as the English are (rightfully so, not condoning his actions. he's an idiot). but his antics will be laughed off in Spain, whereas in England they just hate it. Probably best for all involved to go. If he stays, i'd be happy as well.

United sold Ronaldo, won tropies. Arsenal have sold Nasri, Fabregas and RVP, maintain their top 4 status. It can be done, just needs to be done better than Spurs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ive read that the Moreno thing is still in the balance. As the World Cup starts to send teams home I'm sure we will see more movement.

Lambert at 4 mill is fine business. He's a bit older and a far different striker than Sturridge, Suarez or even Borini, but he will serve a genuine purpose for us off the bench and in cup games.

I think Sanchez (or someone of his quality) is coming regardless of the Suarez affair.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":abe08dzu said:
SkySports' Spain pundit Guillem Balague is reporting that Barca and Liverpool are in talks about a deal for Suarez, with Sanchez and Pedro coming the other way, plus some cash possibly. Supposedly Real and Barca both are still heavily invested in bringing Suarez to Spain this summer. Honestly, I'd prefer to have him stay, but Sanchez, Pedro and cash would be hard to turn down at this point. My only concern would be the addition of Lallana, Shaquiri and Sanchez slowing down the development of Coutinho and Sterling - but I guess competition breeds improvement. We'll see.

Deals like that always seem so far fetched to me. But if Liverpool can get Sanchez and another player (whether its Pedro or Tello) plus cash than you have to take it. Sanchez will be a world beater outside of Barca (where his relationship with Messi is apparently akin to a bullying prevention video). Suarez, Agger and Aspas out, Borinin/Suso back from loan, Lambert, Can, Lallana, Sanchez, Pedro, Lovren, Moreno in. quite a window. will take some time to get that gelling.

Sterling's development would not be hindered. He's on the team sheet before the manager even picks up his pen. Countinho on the other hand saw some of his playing time limited near the end of last season. I see him becoming more of a rotational player and avoiding matches in which the opposition isnt suited to his strengths. that said, he's developing his overall game quite well (in the mold of Oscar) and far more understanding of his defensive requirements.

all that said, i'd love to ignore any rumours for Pedro, bring in Sanchez and keep Suarez

Smurf

Reaction score
Shaw and Herrera are good signings for United at this stage.

Liverpool looking active to work towards a title.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been unimpressive as of now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rumours now of Lazar Markovic to Liverpool... quite the young and talented attacking player he is. signs of bringing in (and reloaning) Belgian striker Origi from Lille as well. couple that with Sanchez and it would seem Rodgers has his mind on attackers and midfields. Obviously Gerrard's time is nearing its end. Suarez seems inevitable (whether this window or next summer)

you start wondering how many of these deals (not just Liverpool, but all teams) were negotiated prior to or over the World Cup. Today is the first day in 2 weeks without a game and clubs are making the most of it

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Smurf":l029uf2m said:
Chelsea and Arsenal have been unimpressive as of now.

Well couple of factors might be holding up any activity from Arsenal. Simple ones at that.

Wenger's in Brazil helping with the French World Cup coverage, and apparently having some fun on the beach. But there were rumors that he left for a couple days to meet with agents of players he might be interested in.

And the other one, as lame as it sounds, is the kit situation. Arsenal have yet to unveil their first kit under the deal they struck with Puma, and in all honesty, it would be a bit awkward to unveil any new signings in a Nike kit when they aren't associated with them anymore.

That's not to say they have or haven't made any agreements, the most likely signing at this point is the Ivorian right back Serge Aurier who has impressed me with his play at the World Cup. There's also the constant rumors of Balotelli possibly signing, if he does join, I really hope his attitude is much better than it was when he was at City.

Arsenal also appear to be in for Alexis Sanchez much like Liverpool is, though what I've heard is that Sanchez is gonna be expensive for Arsenal and might result in Suarez leaving Liverpool in return. It's very much a lottery for him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Rickie Lambert is shit, more than a pound spent on him is a waste.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xykz0sp said:
UK_Seahawk":1xykz0sp said:

Averaging 14 league goals a season the last 2 seasons, but aye, you're right, he's shit.

you're embarrassing yourself, arsehole.

So classy from the scouse wannabe. All that failure must be getting to you. You sound like a whiner.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1u88g7qd said:
peachesenregalia":1u88g7qd said:
UK_Seahawk":1u88g7qd said:

Averaging 14 league goals a season the last 2 seasons, but aye, you're right, he's shit.

you're embarrassing yourself, arsehole.

So classy from the scouse wannabe. All that failure must be getting to you. You sound like a whiner.

How quick you are to call someone a whiner fan (again...you're not even creative)

Its like youre a Seahawk wannabe

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Kaka has arrived in Orlando and will join Orlando City when they arrive in the MLS next season.

Smurf

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2lkcp8ww said:
Kaka has arrived in Orlando and will join Orlando City when they arrive in the MLS next season.

Good player. Sucks to have to wait to see him in MLS.

David Villa is coming too. He'll play a year in Australia before NYCFC joins MLS.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Adam Lallana!!

meh... i dont know about this one. He helps the squad in terms of depth and options. Seems a very solid player who may thrive under BR. But the price tag? Could be an Ozil type player, could be another Joe Allen (neither in terms of ability, as all three play different roles in the midfield, but more in terms of impact)

Excited about Emre Can though. Talented, young, physical player, shades of a younger Gerrard. Could develop into a very good player for us in the future, while helping us with depth this season.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":v5eyibnw said:
Adam Lallana!!

meh... i dont know about this one. He helps the squad in terms of depth and options. Seems a very solid player who may thrive under BR. But the price tag? Could be an Ozil type player, could be another Joe Allen (neither in terms of ability, as all three play different roles in the midfield, but more in terms of impact)

Excited about Emre Can though. Talented, young, physical player, shades of a younger Gerrard. Could develop into a very good player for us in the future, while helping us with depth this season.

Southampton is no doubt getting a great deal in offloading Lambert, Lallana and Shaw. Probably getting more than they actually should though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
yeah, Southampton the ownership group (which i believe is just some random woman who was given the club after an old man died and left it to her) has made some money. there's no sense of "getting more" until we see what these guys do with their respective clubs. Luke Shaw could redefine the outside back position in the PL. he could become Glen Johnson left. Lambert will be Lambert. his numbers will go down as he's not 90 minutes per any longer. Lalanna will be worth all 25 mill if he increases his production on a side that is already the highest scoring the Prem.

Whether they reinvest that for Southampton the club remains to be seen. Being a Southampton supporter has got to be a nervy time at the moment. 3 of your top 5 players out and 50+ mill in the hands of someone who doesnt give a s--- about the actual club