Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cigars and Craft Beer:

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Cigars and Craft Beer:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:54 am
  • How do you relax/wind down ?

    Don’t get me wrong, I love a good Bourbon but one of my most favorite ways to “chill out” after one of my 24 hr shifts is a good smoke and an IPA.

    There are so many good beers available these days, some of the best are only available local to your area.
    Small breweries have become the normal.
    I thoroughly enjoy traveling and sampling along the way.

    The cigar I’m smoking today:
    Image

    Probably my favorite but they can be hard to find in the maduro wrapper.
    This particular box was found on sale @ Holts online.
    Image

    In the larger sizes this cigar can get expensive to smoke but I generally only have 2-3 a week.
    I smoke slow, this robusto lasts me 45 minutes maybe an hour. That’s 2 good beers.

    Back porch, a good smoke and a couple of great brews.....
    ......I’ve transported myself to a fresh new place.

    Looking forward to a steam pot of shrimp, sausage, corn and new potatoes for dinner.

    How do you relax?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Cigars and Craft Beer:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 pm
  • Almost forgot, I’m also listening to some good blues.

    Here’s a link to what I’ve got on.


    Image
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am
  • I haven't tried those...They look fantastic. Cigars - which I thoroughly enjoy - are a rarity these days. Most my friends I would smoke with have moved away. If I manage two a year that's about average. I love my 64 Anniversario Padrons. Smooth as butter and always consistent. I'll take a tumbler of really good whiskey or scotch with it, again a rarity but always appreciated.

    My go to Happy Place is a high quality ribeye cooked medium with King Crab legs and a punchy, bold Cabernet. Ahhhh, heaven. Ironically enough also averaged only about twice a year! I need a better paying gig, lol.

    Music choice depends on my mood. I'm insanely eclectic. Almost anything but country and hardcore rap and metal. The older I get the more I appreciate smooth grooves over loud noise. Now get off my lawn!! :les:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]
     
    Posts: 15011
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:58 am
    Location: Just 4 miles from Richard Sherman!


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:07 pm
  • Aros wrote:I haven't tried those...They look fantastic. Cigars - which I thoroughly enjoy - are a rarity these days. Most my friends I would smoke with have moved away. If I manage two a year that's about average. I love my 64 Anniversario Padrons. Smooth as butter and always consistent. I'll take a tumbler of really good whiskey or scotch with it, again a rarity but always appreciated.

    My go to Happy Place is a high quality ribeye cooked medium with King Crab legs and a punchy, bold Cabernet. Ahhhh, heaven. Ironically enough also averaged only about twice a year! I need a better paying gig, lol.

    Music choice depends on my mood. I'm insanely eclectic. Almost anything but country and hardcore rap and metal. The older I get the more I appreciate smooth grooves over loud noise. Now get off my lawn!! :les:


    I also like the Padron you speak of.
    If you find one of these just be aware that it’s the “Melanio”. They have normal/regular series V.
    I like the maduro wrapper but they are available with options.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:33 pm
  • I'm sad to see that you haven't expanded your craft beer palate beyond tasting hops yet, PMed. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 32194
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 9:39 am
    Location: North Miami Beach, FL


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm sad to see that you haven't expanded your craft beer palate beyond tasting hops yet, PMed. :)


    I try all different styles, I’m not prejudice in my beer related endeavors.

    It just suits my pallet when I drink “ale” style.
    Indian pale, farmhouse, American etc.

    Bout the only thing I won’t drink is “sours” just not my cup of beer.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:51 pm
  • Not too much into cigars. But on the beer side. I was able to get a lot of IPA beers for 5 a case. I have been indulging in some Lagunitas of late. My buddy owned the distributorship and sold it.

    Before he sold it, I got 200 in wine...mainly some reislings. Sweet tooth must be taken care of. Am drinking some of one this evening. I am for relaxation camping in the mountains. Taking my quad up there for running around this weekend. I have access to the internet there too.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9889
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:20 pm


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:49 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:Not too much into cigars. But on the beer side. I was able to get a lot of IPA beers for 5 a case. I have been indulging in some Lagunitas of late. My buddy owned the distributorship and sold it.

    Before he sold it, I got 200 in wine...mainly some reislings. Sweet tooth must be taken care of. Am drinking some of one this evening. I am for relaxation camping in the mountains. Taking my quad up there for running around this weekend. I have access to the internet there too.
    Be careful young man.
    Quads and alcohol don’t mix well

    Enjoy those IPAs responsibly.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:16 pm
  • @aros

    This one is for you.
    Image
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 22415
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: Cigars and Craft Beer:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:27 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:How do you relax/wind down ?

    Don’t get me wrong, I love a good Bourbon but one of my most favorite ways to “chill out” after one of my 24 hr shifts is a good smoke and an IPA.

    There are so many good beers available these days, some of the best are only available local to your area.
    Small breweries have become the normal.
    I thoroughly enjoy traveling and sampling along the way.

    The cigar I’m smoking today:
    Image

    Probably my favorite but they can be hard to find in the maduro wrapper.

    How do you relax?


    I enjoy a cigar every day after I finish my route (I own a one-person pool business here in Northern California). My favorite is an LFD Andalusian Bull.

    Image

    But my daily is more along the lines of La Gloria Cubana Corona in a maduro wrapper.

    Image

    We are fortunate to have Cigar Lounges here, so I do enjoy unwinding on Friday nights there with a buddy, or Saturday nights watching UFC.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 10171
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:16 pm




It is currently Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests