Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Norm McDonald...

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
RIP Norm McDonald...
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:59 am
  • https://deadline.com/2021/09/norm-macdo ... 234833212/

Norm Macdonald, whose laconic delivery of sharp and incisive observations made him one of Saturday Night Live‘s most influential and beloved cast members, died today after a nine-year private battle with cancer. He was 61.

Macdonald’s death was announced to Deadline by his management firm Brillstein Entertainment. The comedian’s longtime producing partner and friend Lori Jo Hoekstra, who was with him when died, said Macdonald had been battling cancer for nearly a decade but was determined to keep his health struggles private, away from family, friends and fans.

“He was most proud of his comedy,” Hoekstra said. “He never wanted the diagnosis to affect the way the audience or any of his loved ones saw him. Norm was a pure comic. He once wrote that ‘a joke should catch someone by surprise, it should never pander.’ He certainly never pandered. Norm will be missed terribly.”

sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: RIP Norm McDonald...
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:16 pm
  • You have got to be freaking kidding me! Oh man this one hits hard— definitely one of the funniest guys ever, IMO. He bailed out so many bad guests on talk shows over the years. Loved all of his work. RIP Norm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:11 pm
  • Reading about Norm at lunch, seems that he was battling cancer for over nine years, and didn't tell anyone.

So shocking and sad. I'd dare to say I put Norm up in that rarified Bill Murray widely beloved comedic genius air.

Obviously Norm has dozens and dozens of funny bits, but this one was my favorite, and encapsulates Norm's brilliance at taking the dumbest joke ideas, and making them a thing of comedic beauty.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:29 pm
  • I started a thread in the smack shack & I'm in total shock. My favorite comedian ever & a lot of comedians favorite.

Everbody should go down the youtube rabbit hole like I've done over the years. He's brilliant & I guess this is the reason Norm MacDonald Live didn't comeback like I heard it was going to.

Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:45 pm
  • This one sucks.
    A funny man in his own unique way.

Loved his wiener dog bit, and his running Turd Ferguson bit on SNL’s celebrity jeopardy as Burt Reynolds is classic.

RIP Sir. :(
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm

• Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:15 pm
  • Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:38 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    Norm’s roast of Bob Saget is a classic. In typical Norm fashion, he did exactly opposite of what you’re supposed to do at a roast by telling corny, innocent jokes that sounded like they came out of a 4th grade joke book. Damn I miss this guy already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:18 am
  • I utterly and completely missed his humor. I never found him funny in the least. But now, after his passing, I feel like a fool. Clearly I never got him like so many of you did. So I now watch all of these clips to respect his comedic genius.

RIP Norm. I hardly knew ye.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

It is currently Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:49 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information