Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Professional UAV Pilots Here?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:50 pm
  • I am looking to break into a new career as a certified UAV pilot. I'm looking for the guidance and help from someone already making a living with their drone. I've been researching online and there's plenty of information out there but I would love to hear from someone that is already in a career as a UAV pilot. So many interesting fields to consider! I see surveying/mapping can be quite lucrative...I really like the idea of helping police and fire with thermal imaging/search and rescue, that sort of thing.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Any Professional UAV Pilots Here?
Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:20 am
  • Todd, I’ve looked into it a bit myself but I really can’t offer you anything.

This much I know, there have been some fairly significant rule changes lately and it’s possible that more in in the pipeline. (Especially for hobbyists)
    I also know that in Canada it’s insane what hoops need to be jumped through, it’s almost as much a getting a real pilots license.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:45 pm
  • There is a lot of demand for UAV Pilots to support multiple applications. I assume you have already located the various schools for training. So I assume your inquiry is about applications and life style.

Because of your interest in Cinema, you might consider contacting and striking up a conversation with Trent Palmer who states he flies drones for a living. He should be able to provide leads that can assist you in locating applications of interest to you.

Link to Trent Palmer's you tube channel which is actually more focused on out back flying in a kit fox airplane >>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4SXMZsFPZMFN5-3UuF-k6w
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:17 pm
  • I was fascinated by what they do on archeology sites, the cameras and imaging of the layouts of ruins, using different filters and techniques they can use them to do a computer enhanced rebuild of many.

Oh if Aros does get into this he has to stay out of New Mexico, I can already see the headlines.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:31 am
  • I probably should have posted this earlier video ....................

********* And this more recent and surely more helpful presentation ......................

...................................................................................................
    Citizen Journalism :2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:28 pm
  • Awesome thank you Jville! Thanks for the input Lon and Chris as well. And yes, keep me out of New Mexico.
    :smilingalien:
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:59 am
  • I stopped flying drones because of the FAA rules surrounding them. Basically need a pilot's license to go above 400ft. Anyone interested in a DJI F550 heavy lift, six rotor? I have a lot of kit for it and will let it go super cheap because it's just taking up space in my storage unit. Comes with a radio, extra rotors, components for a base station (screen). If memory serves me, it even has a camera gimbal and GoPro Hero 3.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 pm
  • I might have considered that but I already have my eyes on one...Try CL or RC Groups has classifieds...You shouldn't have too much trouble selling it!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:57 am
  • Aros wrote:I might have considered that but I already have my eyes on one...Try CL or RC Groups has classifieds...You shouldn't have too much trouble selling it!

How bout for the low, low price of free? Gratis, no strings attached. I just don't have the time to get it flying again and the aforementioned regulations took away a lot of the fun for me. It's never been crashed. The drone was given to me by a friend so I figure I'll pay it forward. You get first dibs, just let me know. It's presently in storage in Wallingford.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:28 pm
  • FREE??? Well hell man, I may be dumb but I ain't stupid! LOL!

Thank you my friend!! Let me know where I can at least send you shipping cost! Holy cow man thank you!!!

Wow!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm
  • Aww.
    This is the dot net I truly enjoyed.

Thanks Smokin’ been a minute since I’ve seen something like your offer.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:17 am
  • Aros wrote:FREE??? Well hell man, I may be dumb but I ain't stupid! LOL!

Thank you my friend!! Let me know where I can at least send you shipping cost! Holy cow man thank you!!!

Wow!

Yeah man, all I ask is that you shoot some killer footage with it. Most if not all that's needed for a killer cinema rig, minus a top notch camera, is included, but you're welcome to have the GoPro. I'm not 100% sure what all it requires to be flight ready as it's been a few years since I've been involved with UAV stuff, but you're welcome to have all of it. Includes a decent radio and most components for FPV return video feed and base station.

I'll reach out via PM to work something out.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:08 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Aww.
    This is the dot net I truly enjoyed.

Thanks Smokin’ been a minute since I’ve seen something like your offer.

Sure thing! I know we're all looking forward to the first video he shoots with it.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:47 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:FREE??? Well hell man, I may be dumb but I ain't stupid! LOL!

Wow!

Yeah man, all I ask is that you shoot some killer footage with it. Most if not all that's needed for a killer cinema rig, minus a top notch camera, is included, but you're welcome to have the GoPro. I'm not 100% sure what all it requires to be flight ready as it's been a few years since I've been involved with UAV stuff, but you're welcome to have all of it. Includes a decent radio and most components for FPV return video feed and base station.

Needless to say it's an incredible offer you have given me. I simply can't thank you enough. You could have easily sold all this gear for a pretty penny but donating it to me says a lot about you as a person. I will pay it forward I promise you that.

I look forward to meeting you in person this coming Saturday! Thank you my friend!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:53 am
  • Aros wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:FREE??? Well hell man, I may be dumb but I ain't stupid! LOL!

Wow!

Needless to say it's an incredible offer you have given me. I simply can't thank you enough. You could have easily sold all this gear for a pretty penny but donating it to me says a lot about you as a person. I will pay it forward I promise you that.

I look forward to meeting you in person this coming Saturday! Thank you my friend!

Hey, no sweat. I had tried to get a few hundred for it on Craigslist and had a couple bites but nobody was willing to pull the trigger on something that wasn't immediately ready to fly. Given that it was free to me, I'm more interested in seeing it put to good use, and I know for damn certain you're the right guy for that.

Between my guitar building hobby/business, my 9 to 5, and two kids, ages 5 and 2, there's just no time left for another hobby.
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:53 pm
  • Grant, I meant to respond to this thread after we met...

So I pull up to the storage facility we planned to meet and I was expecting this guy to walk out with like this drone in his one hand and maybe a small bag of accessories in the other.

Instead, I see this guy rolling out what looked to me like a Marshall stack from a Van Halen concert. It became immediately apparent that 1) this is next level what the? and 2) it took me back to the days of loading heavy equipment into the back of vans as starving artists from the late 80's.

Grant's being modest. The going rate for everything he donated to me is well above a few hundred bucks. Craig's List is a cemetery these days for RC stuff but trust me...All of the things he gave to me together are in the thousands.

But that doesn't matter to him. I quickly realized this is one of the great guys I've had the pleasure of meeting since I created the site. And massive brownie points if not donating to me a treasure chest of drone goods was enough, he introduced me to RoRo, quite simply the most incredible BBQ I have ever had.

Make sure you ask him about his time at sea for work. It's worth it, lol!

Thank you again Grant for your generosity. Looking forward to taking you to a game soon! We'll definitely be in touch.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 pm
  • Aros wrote:Grant, I meant to respond to this thread after we met...

So I pull up to the storage facility we planned to meet and I was expecting this guy to walk out with like this drone in his one hand and maybe a small bag of accessories in the other.

Instead, I see this guy rolling out what looked to me like a Marshall stack from a Van Halen concert. It became immediately apparent that 1) this is next level what the? and 2) it took me back to the days of loading heavy equipment into the back of vans as starving artists from the late 80's.

Grant's being modest. The going rate for everything he donated to me is well above a few hundred bucks. Craig's List is a cemetery these days for RC stuff but trust me...All of the things he gave to me together are in the thousands.

But that doesn't matter to him. I quickly realized this is one of the great guys I've had the pleasure of meeting since I created the site. And massive brownie points if not donating to me a treasure chest of drone goods was enough, he introduced me to RoRo, quite simply the most incredible BBQ I have ever had.

Make sure you ask him about his time at sea for work. It's worth it, lol!

Thank you again Grant for your generosity. Looking forward to taking you to a game soon! We'll definitely be in touch.

Making me blush over here. haha

Anytime, though. I was happy to hand it over to someone who I know will be putting it to good use. That flight case is a chunky monkey for sure. I can only imagine what my friend paid for just that case alone. It really is the size of my Mesa Boogie 4x12.

Definitely a few notes worth of goodies in there. Can't wait to see what you do with it once it's airborne!
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:19 pm
  • On youtube you'll find a company called Jetson.Com. They are building up scaled UAV that will take a 210 lbs person, 8 motor, triple redolent computers for the low low price of 92,000 dollars. Call now !

You tube search : jetson one

2022 is sold out but, 3 unit are available for 2023.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 am
  • No but I do have a DJI Mavic Pro it's a decent camera drone
    ArlosSpecial
    NET Starter

It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information