Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney Plus - The Mandalorian & More

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Disney Plus - The Mandalorian & More
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 pm
  • Helluva episode they released yesterday. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I desperately hope Grand Admiral Thrawn becomes a major character and I would love a spin-off series with him. Maybe do a three-season arc of the original trilogy books, or something.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:22 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Helluva episode they released yesterday. SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I desperately hope Grand Admiral Thrawn becomes a major character and I would love a spin-off series with him. Maybe do a three-season arc of the original trilogy books, or something.

It sort of feels like they're setting up a bit of a Star Wars TV universe a la DC with rumors of spin-off series with all the character cameos we've gotten this season. Between Ahsoka, Boba, Cara Dune, Bo Katan, all the Thrawn/Ezra/Sabine stuff. Although a lack of any big confirmed news tells me whatever they're planning is all still in the developmental stage.

Either way, at this point in Favreau and Filoni I trust.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:13 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Either way, at this point in Favreau and Filoni I trust.

Most definitely.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:06 pm
  • Finale tonight. I'm not a big predictions guy but I have a few speculative ideas.

I expect a good fight between Mando & Gideon with the Dark Troopers, where that Beskar spear will come in handy. I expect we'll see Ahsoka again. I think we're going to get something on Thrawn and possibly a Ezra reveal (possible they go Cal Kestis or Luke over Ezra but I think it's unlikely). And then maybe we see Grogu do something with the Force that shocks everybody or dramatically ends the battle or changes the course of things. Something like that. Either way, I imagine we end on an epic cliffhanger, could be that they go the ESB route and end with our heroes on the losing side of things. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Anyway, looking forward to this one. Crazy how fast this $h!t goes by.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:15 pm

Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm
  • I missed the bus on Firefly and I think it's too late. I've tried to go back and watch but it just hasn't grabbed me. If they start doing new ones I'll probably watch them though. Worked for Twin Peaks.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:00 am
  • Holy Moses. No spoilers but WATCH THE AFTER CREDITS SCENE.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:34 am
  • I cried happy tears from all the greatness that was that episode...
    HHawk121
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:29 pm
  • Someone got their own personal Rogue One moment.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:27 pm
  • Oh. My. ****ing. God.

IF ONLY FAVREAU AND FILONI HAD BEEN HANDED THE SEQUEL TRILOGY KEYS!!

Zeb, are you ready to admit that the sequel trilogy was trash, yet? I mean, come on. Look at what we've gotten in two seasons of The Mandalorian by comparison.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:35 pm
  • Any way to watch this without Disney plus?
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:14 pm
  • notyou wrote:Any way to watch this without Disney plus?

Not legally. Just subscribe for a month and binge it if you need to go that route.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:40 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Oh. My. ****ing. God.

IF ONLY FAVREAU AND FILONI HAD BEEN HANDED THE SEQUEL TRILOGY KEYS!!

Zeb, are you ready to admit that the sequel trilogy was trash, yet? I mean, come on. Look at what we've gotten in two seasons of The Mandalorian by comparison.

There's a lot I like about the sequel trilogy. It's a much different thing than what F & F have done with Mando. The ST could obviously have been a lot better for a lot of reasons and since its completion I've maintained that opinion. But there's still a lot I like about it.

I like that they both exist and don't feel like I need to take a hard line stance for or against either and appreciate that I'm able to do that, unlike most of the vocal fans.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:17 am
  • We talking with spoilers yet?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:We talking with spoilers yet?

I think now that it's the day after, we're fine, as long as we do the whole:

SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!
    SPOILERS BELOW!

Ok. OH MY FREAKIN' LORD ALMIGHTY! Luke Skywalker, HELL YEAH! My only worry is that this may have just been a cameo and that he won't be returning. I desperately hope we start to see him regularly within the show...time will tell. I can't help but think that Mark Hamill must like where this show is going after his disappointment in what was done with Luke in the sequel trilogy. What a badass entrance onto The Mandalorian show.

Also, how 'bout the new Boba Fett show?!?! Man, we are getting that AND the Obi-Wan show with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiansen returning. We are rapidly getting spoiled as fans. Disney seems to have learned their lesson from the sequel trilogy, thank God.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:23 am
  • We know Ben wipes out Luke's jedi class. Have to assume they will address that in season 3.

I've also read that Boba Fetts show might be the Madalorian Season 3?

All be interesting, but this season was awesome.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:38 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:We know Ben wipes out Luke's jedi class. Have to assume they will address that in season 3.

Yeah I was thinking about that, maybe Mando season 3 is The Book of Boba The Hutt.

Also, doubt we'll jump right to Ben turning in the very next season but who knows, I didn't think they'd bring out Luke so soon either.

Fwiw, they left the Dark Saber thing wide open, season 3 could go into Din & Bo struggling to work all that out, Din maybe taking on the leadership role or something like that.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:38 pm
  • I sincerely hope they aren't tricking us...The Book of Boba Fett should be a separate show while The Mandalorian continues.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:46 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:We know Ben wipes out Luke's jedi class. Have to assume they will address that in season 3.

This series is 5 years after RotJ. Ben destroyed the Jedi class when he was 23, which puts that event 24 years after RotJ. There is no way The Mandalorian will jump 19 years between seasons, and Din promised Grogu they would meet again. I am not concerned that Grogu might be dead during the events of the sequel trilogy. Remember, everyone assumed Ahsoka was killed during the Clone Wars until she was revealed alive in Rebels.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:We know Ben wipes out Luke's jedi class. Have to assume they will address that in season 3.

This series is 5 years after RotJ. Ben destroyed the Jedi class when he was 23, which puts that event 24 years after RotJ. There is no way The Mandalorian will jump 19 years between seasons, and Din promised Grogu they would meet again. I am not concerned that Grogu might be dead during the events of the sequel trilogy. Remember, everyone assumed Ahsoka was killed during the Clone Wars until she was revealed alive in Rebels.

Yeah, I don't think they are going to jump a show about Mandalorians up multiple years to address an event about jedi's as it happened.

Im saying its a storyline that i think they will (or should) address in some way (maybe seeing Grogu leave Luke's jedi class).
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:31 pm
  • Was nice too see the real Luke Skywalker make an appearance, unlike that imitation fake Skywalker, Ruin Johnson trotted out for TLJ.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:22 pm
  • Ok so confirmed by Favreau on GMA this morning that The Book of Boba Fett and Mando Season 3 are separate shows that will both be airing at the end of 2021. So between those two and Rangers & Ahsoka that's 4 separate series running at approximately the same point on the timeline. Although I don't think we're going to see the latter two until 2022 or later, but that sure is a lot of content for that time period. On top of characters like Ezra, Thrawn, Rex, inquisitors, night sisters, etc from animated series, we could potentially see any number of OT/PT characters in the same way they brought back Luke.

There's obviously a lot of speculation that what they're doing now could build up to an alternate future than what we saw in the sequel trilogy and decanonizing everything with Rey & Snoke & them. I imagine they're more likely to keep the ST canon and just show us how we got there and ad a bunch of context that would maybe make some of the stuff that happened more palatable for those who dislike the way all that went. I suppose both options are possible, the latter being more likely IMO, but I'm open to letting them do what they think is best. As long as the content is good and they maintain quality control, I don't see any reason to second guess what Favreau & Filoni think is the best course of storytelling.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:48 pm
  • I was reading an article the other day about Grogu going to train with Luke, and that Kylo Renbkilled all of Luke's apprentices, so Kylo may have killed Grogu.

My personal feeling is that we should just ignore episodes 7, 8 and 9. That garbage shouldn't be canon.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 am
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Ok so confirmed by Favreau on GMA this morning that The Book of Boba Fett and Mando Season 3 are separate shows that will both be airing at the end of 2021.

This official news won me a $20 bet with a friend who didn't think we'd be fortunate enough for it to be a full, separate show. :)

He was happy to Venmo me the money yesterday because we're thrilled it's a whole new show, haha. DIsney is winning our hearts and minds big-time, at this point...
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:39 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:I was reading an article the other day about Grogu going to train with Luke, and that Kylo Renbkilled all of Luke's apprentices, so Kylo may have killed Grogu.

My personal feeling is that we should just ignore episodes 7, 8 and 9. That garbage shouldn't be canon.

Reading earlier posts isn't your strong suit, is it? The finale of season 2 occurs 19 years before Ben kills Luke's students, and a decade before he even starts training Ben.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:47 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Ok so confirmed by Favreau on GMA this morning that The Book of Boba Fett and Mando Season 3 are separate shows that will both be airing at the end of 2021.

This official news won me a $20 bet with a friend who didn't think we'd be fortunate enough for it to be a full, separate show. :)

He was happy to Venmo me the money yesterday because we're thrilled it's a whole new show, haha. DIsney is winning our hearts and minds big-time, at this point...

Is that Dec release for both shows official? Now I'm hearing conflicting reports that we might not get Mando 3 until 2022. I could have swore Favreau said Dec '21 but now a lot of people are saying otherwise. Color me confused.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:51 pm
  • Loved the finale.

Agree about the sequels. the way I see it, there was no reason to not have Luke be a major character in them, flying a ship around, being a badass with his lightsaber, etc. The entire movies didn't need to revolve around him, but at least give us some motherf***** Luke Skywalker. This whole theme of "moving on from the past" or whatever TLJ was stupid. Why do we have to move on? Why can't we have a couple lead characters from the original trilogy still be lead characters while also introducing new ones? Makes no sense.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:49 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:I was reading an article the other day about Grogu going to train with Luke, and that Kylo Renbkilled all of Luke's apprentices, so Kylo may have killed Grogu.

Reading earlier posts isn't your strong suit, is it? The finale of season 2 occurs 19 years before Ben kills Luke's students, and a decade before he even starts training Ben.

What does that have to do with it though. The time elapsed doesn't mean anything, unless I'm missing your point.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:13 pm
  • It means if Luke didn't finish training Grogu within 19 years, the Grogu would be there when Kylo goes on his killing spree. But something tells me Grogu probably isn't going to be training with Luke for 19 years.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:37 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:It means if Luke didn't finish training Grogu within 19 years, the Grogu would be there when Kylo goes on his killing spree. But something tells me Grogu probably isn't going to be training with Luke for 19 years.

Gotcha. That makes sense.
    In the Mandoloarian, Grogu is 50 years old, and basically a toddler. I think its safe to assume that 19 years doesn't impact his growth all that much. Whether that means he'd be done training is different, but either scenario is very plausible imo.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:57 pm
  • Just saw this on YouTube. Thought it was cool.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:34 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:It means if Luke didn't finish training Grogu within 19 years, the Grogu would be there when Kylo goes on his killing spree. But something tells me Grogu probably isn't going to be training with Luke for 19 years.

Gotcha. That makes sense.
    In the Mandoloarian, Grogu is 50 years old, and basically a toddler. I think its safe to assume that 19 years doesn't impact his growth all that much. Whether that means he'd be done training is different, but either scenario is very plausible imo.

My line of thinking too, 19 years is nothing to him, he'd probably still be a little kid at that point.... his race ages incredibly slowly.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:29 pm
  • I don't foresee Grogu going through 19 years of training with Luke simply because he is likely to be more of a major character in The Mandalorian rather than spending the rest of the series training with Luke.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:35 am
  • Grogu will prolly be there with Luke 20 years later but they're not gonna show it in the next couple seasons.

They have no reason to rush this $h!t.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:06 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:They have no reason to rush this $h!t.

Exactly. Take it slowly, let the true geniuses do whatever they want to do, and build a Star Wars dynasty that surpasses the original 4-decade-long one that currently exists.

Star Wars could be a century-long dynasty if Disney is smart enough and careful enough.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:55 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Grogu will prolly be there with Luke 20 years later but they're not gonna show it in the next couple seasons.

I guess what I meant was how they bring grogu back to the show next season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:40 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Grogu will prolly be there with Luke 20 years later but they're not gonna show it in the next couple seasons.

I guess what I meant was how they bring grogu back to the show next season.

I kinda hope they don't. Star Wars is literally always better when there's more mystery and less explaining.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:31 am
  • They could give Grogu his own spinoff in a couple years. Hook everyone with the fact that he's training with Luke.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:41 pm
  • Grogu: The Teenage Years.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:04 am
  • I didn't think about this till I saw somebody mention it on FB but they could totally be setting up for a Thrawn trilogy adaptation of sorts. That would make you pretty happy, Ro, wouldn't it?
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:23 am
  • Zeb, I'd pop wood so fast the table would turn over if they announced a Thrawn trilogy. :lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:38 am
  • What if they do it, but it's not really the "trilogy" but just a similar (or not so much) story told in the new Mando expanded universe? I'm talking Ezra, Ahsoka, Sabine, the whole nine.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:49 am
  • Rebels live action would be :2thumbs:
    HHawk121
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:46 pm
  • Love that ending but I did feel sadness thinking that Grogu may not be part of the main storyline moving forward. Although he's too much of a cash cow for Disney for them not to bring him back. All signed pointed to Luke before the reveal but part of me wondered "would they really do it?" I thought it might be an Ezra reveal.

Re. CGI Luke, anyone else read stories where people suggested using Sebastian Stan moving toward due to a resemblance to Mark Hamill.
    And yeah I thought of where Grogu would have went for him not to be around in 7,8,9 and thought "oh no".
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:27 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:What if they do it, but it's not really the "trilogy" but just a similar (or not so much) story told in the new Mando expanded universe? I'm talking Ezra, Ahsoka, Sabine, the whole nine.

At this point, I have faith in literally anything Favreau and Filoni want to take a crack at attempting.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:06 am

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:34 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/gina-carano-fired-from-mandalorian-after-social-media-post-1.5304551?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvnews%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2RwyjjiPYz2nsMNttmVMQh0xrO4tu-GrTPjFxIYxJX6J6-w96x6pvu-Z8

Bye to Gina Carano and her career...

Well, I'm done with the Mandalorian.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:32 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/gina-carano-fired-from-mandalorian-after-social-media-post-1.5304551?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvnews%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2RwyjjiPYz2nsMNttmVMQh0xrO4tu-GrTPjFxIYxJX6J6-w96x6pvu-Z8

Cancel culture..if you say something off the acceptable script you get canceled.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:09 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/gina-carano-fired-from-mandalorian-after-social-media-post-1.5304551?cid=sm%3Atrueanthem%3Actvnews%3Apost&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2RwyjjiPYz2nsMNttmVMQh0xrO4tu-GrTPjFxIYxJX6J6-w96x6pvu-Z8

Cancel culture..if you say something off the acceptable script you get canceled.

I'm just so tired of the double standard.

Kathleen Kennedy is all about "The force is female" Cool, I love strong women too.... I'm from a generation that grew up watching The Terminator, Aliens, and Star Wars with Leia.

But it looks like Gina is just a little too empowered and strong and outspoken for them. She stepped out of line, said something outside of their acceptable script(and we all know what that is) and Kennedy knocked her down.

The hypocrisy...... didn't Pedro compare all Trump voters to naz**? Disney is fine with that. He compared border detention centers to WWII holocaust concentration camps. Disney was fine with that. James Gunn used to tweet about r@*& and pedo stuff.... he's back for Guardians 3.

Just tired of it. So sick of Hollywood and cancel culture. 99% of the actors I watch I don't agree with their politics, but I can create some separation there and still enjoy their movies and TV shows. Its why I dont have twitter and instagram and facebook. I have the ability to not look. I just don't understand why its not the other way around.

Sorry, I know this is the lounge, I don't want to get political.
    twisted_steel2
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information