Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Stephen King material

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics, multimedia, and classified ads (Must be a contributing member to post any ads). No PWR. LANGUAGE: PG-13
New Stephen King material
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 am
  • Just started reading "The Institute" - Stephen King's latest book. It's sort-of in a similar vein to "Firestarter".

Also, I recently found out that the people who made the remake of "It" are doing the remake of "The Stand" (ten one-hour episodes for TV), and also have firm plans to make movies of "The Long Walk" and "Roadwork" which are perhaps not that well-known(?). These are two novellas in "The Bachman Books" compilation, written very early in his career and initially released under the pseudonym of Richard Bachman. Another of these novellas was made into a movie many years ago ("The Running Man"); personally not really a favourite of mine, and the movie was a (again, just IMO) totally over-the-top affair starring Arnie Schwartzenegger.

Personally, I just love "The Long Walk" and "Roadwork", and hope they do a good job of them!

Finally, I can't remember if it has been discussed in the "Netflix Shows" thread (I don't even know if it has anything to do with Netflix), but I am just loving "Mr Mercedes" on Foxtel in Australia. I've finished season One, and just started Season Two, and note that Season Three has started in America. I've just finished re-reading the Bill Hodges trilogy it's based on (Mr Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch).

Lots of new stuff for SK fans!
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: New Stephen King material
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am
  • I've been on a King binge lately, catching up on some of the stuff of his I've missed. Just finished Bag of Bones. Now I'm reading The Fireman by his son, Joe Hill.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:40 pm
  • Finished reading "The Institute" in a few days; could not put it down. Anyone else read it yet? Little Avery Dixon is surely one of the most abused and tortured, most innocent yet powerful, King characters.

It's already on the drawing board for a TV series, by the folks doing the IMO most excellent "Mr Mercedes" series. I'm currently hanging out for Episode 6 of Season 3.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 am
  • Skeleton Crew is still my favorite. Love the short stories, and I can't keep my attention longer than a short story anyway :)
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:52 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Skeleton Crew is still my favorite. Love the short stories, and I can't keep my attention longer than a short story anyway :)

Hey, I have that attention span problem! That's why I only ever wrote short stories... and only ever finished two of them.

I liked many of the stories in Skeleton Crew, too! When I find it, I'll post a pic I took of a swimming pontoon (aka The Raft) in a small lake we stopped at, in BC in May, somewhere between Sun Peaks and the ferry terminal to Vancouver Island.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:17 am
  • Uncle Otto's Truck and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut are my favorite Skeleton Crew stories. The Mist is solid of course.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:30 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Uncle Otto's Truck and Mrs. Todd's Shortcut are my favorite Skeleton Crew stories. The Mist is solid of course.

Yes, original story, radio play on CD, and the movie. The TV series was IMO bloody horrible.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:42 am
  • I didn't know there was a series, I can only imagine. Even with the success of some of his books made in to movies, the movies themselves are not nearly as good as the book. Bad acting, low budget etc. Though IT was awesome, still need to see Chapter 2
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE LOUNGE ]

Information